DIFFERENCE

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| D I F F E R E N C E |

The gang went back to the headquarters without uttering any word. They are all still shocked with what happened earlier. No. It's not witnessing the Triple Ace gang killed in front of them but the sight of Sandara wiping the gang off alone that rendered them speechless.

 

The looked that they've seen from Sandara was something that will etched in their mind.

 

They knew Sandara had gone through training much like them. Only she did it alone. However, seeing her in action was beyond what they imagine. It's shocking. They don't have any slightest idea how was the Hare in action. Not until today.

 

It's as if they had seen an entirely different person. Not their Sandara unnie or noona. Nor Tamtam mommy.

 

The younger ones are mostly having a hard time grasping what just happened.

 

On the other hand, Jiyong had lost in his own thought. His face was devoid of any emotions as he drives alone on his car. His grip tightens around the steering wheel looking ahead of the road, unconsciously stepping on the accelerator zooming faster at speed limit.

 

'Hare...' he thought as a bitter smirk forms his lips.

 

"Damn," he muttered tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

 

***

 

Youngbae entered the lounge room of Double Dragons' headquarters. There he found his best friend staring at the steady motion of the brandy he was drinking. He knew he'll find Jiyong there after speeding off ahead of them.

 

Chaerin and the rest of their wounded members were quickly delivered in their own infirmary with Bom's help. Minzy and Sandara followed Chaerin while Top, Daesung and Seungri took care of their saved weapons. He volunteered to find Jiyong to relay everything and of course to check on him.

 

Youngbae deeply sighs and approached him. He occupied the high stool beside him facing the wooden bar.

 

"Our wounded members are already treated in the infirmary. Bom noona was helping them. Chaerin was also there with Minzy and Sandara. Top hyung took care of the weapons with Dae and Seungri. Our dead members were already taken to the morgue," he reported while pouring himself with a glass of brandy.

 

"Hmm," Jiyong quietly answered without tearing his eyes off the circling motion of the alcohol in his own glass as he played with it.

 

That's all he responded and remains quiet. An eerie silence covered them but Youngbae cannot take it anymore and sighs.

 

"You know this might happen, right?" he started. "But still, it's shocking. All of us didn't expect it."

 

"She... changed," he only said.

 

Youngbae turns to him with faint smile. He reached to his shoulder and squeezed it gently.

 

"That's the saddest part," he said. "I'm here, brother. Everything will be fine," he added and gives him a brotherly pat as he stood up and gives him a time alone.

 

He closed the door behind him and lets out a sigh. He could only sympathize with his best friend.

 

Jiyong had been waiting for so long. But it seems like all those years will only put to waste. His best friend is losing hope and confidence.

 

And no amount of words can he say that could comfort him. Because how harsh it may sounds, things changed and no one can do about it but to accept it.

 

"Hold on, Ji," he whispered before leaving.

 

***

 

Days passed after that incident. Surprisingly, no pathetic gangs had cross them. They continue their business peacefully again. Seems like things got back to normal.

 

But that can't be said on Jiyong.

 

Today, he had called from Hades to the Red Mansion, probably to talk about business or to ask for report. Like the usual. But Jiyong dreaded to come to the Red Mansion. No. He's not afraid of Hades. It's about avoiding running into Sandara. As much as he can and tolerated, Jiyong wanted to avoid her.

 

It may sound coward but he just can't face her right now. He felt uncomfortable and tongue-tied with her around. Oh, he just hopes that Sandara isn't at home. He doesn’t know what to do if he sees her.

 

With last curb, Jiyong maneuvered his car to his own parking space in the Red Mansion. He stayed there inside the black Lamborghini Matte Aventador trying to calm his nerves. Seriously?!

 

Why is he freaking nervous right now? God! It's just Sandara, for Pete’s sake!

 

"Get your together, Jiyong!" he said to himself as he rakes his hair.

 

With a last deep breath, Jiyong finally found his guts and climbed out his posh car. He had worn today a casual white loose shirt with blue button down long sleeves polo and ripped pants. He adjusted his pair of dark shades and starts his pace towards the short staircase of the entrance door.

 

He didn't have to knock and just entered the huge house he once lived. After few years and when he reached 18, Hades let him lived wherever he wants and be independent. But he visits there from time to time if he's in the mood or needed.

 

But his steps put into a halt when he saw Sandara clad in simple white off-shoulder knee length dress seating in front of a grand piano as she plays 'Hello' by Lionel Richie.

 

Jiyong was rooted on his spot watching her plays the black and white keys with solemnity adorned her face. She wasn't singing though. But it was enough to make his world stopped. The melodic tune entered his ears sending him to time warp zone. He can't help but admire the beauty she possessed.

 

Long wavy hair, pink thin lips, cute nose, flawless-smooth-porcelain skin and expressive brown round eyes—everything about her is simply perfect.

 

Just like thirteen years ago, Jiyong felt his heart pounded on his chest frantically. He felt the familiar knot on his stomach again—the butterflies and all. The same exact feelings he has for her.

 

He was still madly in love with her.

 

That might be the reason why he survived over a decade of waiting for her. She is his reason for living, his reason for enduring. It’s the only thing he patiently ever done in his whole life.

 

"Jiyong-ah?" her soft voice cut through his reverie.

 

He snaps from his train of thoughts only to find that she already stopped playing and staring at him with those expressive orbs.

 

"I-I..." he stuttered and massaged the back of his head awkwardly.

 

"What are you doing standing there?" she asked.

 

"U-Uncle... I-I... am g-going to meet him..." he answered uncomfortably avoiding her gaze as much as possible.

 

'! This is awkward'

 

Jiyong wanted to smack himself for acting this way. For hell's sake, he is G-Dragon, Double Dragons' 2nd in command, feared by many and a respected gangster. What the is he doing right now? What a shame!

 

"Ah... I see," then they were silent again.

 

None of them talked both caught up with the awkwardness and tension in between them. It's there first time talking to each other again after she returned.

 

Fortunately, Hades came, calling his name. He secretly thanked him for that.

 

"Jiyong! You're here. Come to my office," Hades ordered and motions him to follow. He left first after greeting Sandara.

 

Jiyong quietly followed and bowed to Sandara when he passed by her. He lets out a relief sigh when she's out of sight. He entered his Uncle's office earnestly this time.

 

"Uncle, what are we going to talk about?" he asked straight to the point.

 

"Seat, son. We have a serious matter to discuss," he said.

 

Jiyong complied.

 

"What is this about?"

 

"It's about Sandara."

 

UPDATED! Thank You for subscribing!!!

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGES AND SCENES THAT NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG READERS.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|