Honeysuckle (Yugyeom)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

‘Honeysuckle flower symbolizes the flames of love and tenderness’ 

 Reader X Yugyeom

                           No matter how I think about it
                                     I can’t lose you
       because my love for you won’t ever change ~YG (Stay)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your 19th birthday had arrived and you were the happiest you could ever be. 

The first thing you did when you woke up was check your phone to find it full of texts from all your friends, wishing you. However, the name you were looking for the most was not there. Your boyfriend, Yugyeom, had not texted you a single thing apart from a good morning text. You sighed, putting the thought to the back of your head. You knew and had to understand that he was a very busy person. 

Just as you sat down with your breakfast, your phone rang with Yugyeom’s name flashing on the screen. You grinned, picking up.

“Hey (Y/N)!” Yugyeom greeted immediately, “I wanted to let you know that I have practice today and I’ll keep my phone off alright? Love you.”

“Ah, sure…” you trailed off, the grin falling off your face, “Love you too.” The line went dead as soon as you had uttered those words. Closing your eyes,  you placed your phone down, pushing the negative thoughts to the back of your head. 

Yugyeom was an idol, for crying out aloud. He had a jam-packed schedule all the time; surely it must have just slipped his mind, you assured yourself. You were sure he would rush to you once he realized what today was. 

Soon after, you decided to dress up since your friends were going to get you. You had planned to spend lunch with them so you could spend the remaining time with your boyfriend alone. 

‘Yugyeom will be free by then,’ you thought to yourself as you got dressed, 'there’s no need to worry.’

'But he forgot to wish you,’ your conscious screamed back. You sighed for the fifth time that day, shaking your head. You didn’t need these needless negative thoughts plaguing your mind and ruining your day. 

All you needed today was a good time! It was your day, after all. Forcing a smile on your face, you headed out to catch up with your friends. 


The whole time you had had a blast with your friends. They easily helped you forget your negative thoughts as you all went to your favorite restaurant, had a little shopping spree before exchanging presents.  A permanent grin sat on your lips the whole day. However, when you got back to your empty place, the grin fell again, a frown replacing it as you wondered where Yugyeom was. Your friends had all forced you to turn off your phone as they did the same so you could enjoy your time together.  Maybe Yugyeom had called you and when he was unable to reach he got worried? 

You quickly dug out your phone and turned it on only to be met with a blank screen. No messages, no missed calls and not even a single voicemail by Yugyeom.  

A pang went through your heart as you dialed his number only to reach his voicemail. What was going on here? 

You texted Bambam to ask him about the practice, only to receive a reply that practice had ended hours ago and Yugyeom had left as soon as it had ended. You gulped, your eyes blurring as you read the message.  Surely, Yugyeom was headed over to you but why was he late? It was only a few minutes drive from the JYPE building to your apartment complex.  What was he even doing…?

A sob racked through you. Of all the things he’d actually forget about you, your birthday would never be it. You two were each other’s top priorities! So then, what even was happening right now… 

Wiping the treacherous tears that had escaped your eyes, you dialed his number again. No one picked up.  

Pain, anger and betrayal shot through you as you closed your eyes, trying to stop the tears. What was going on! How could he just forget about you like that?! You threw your purse on the couch, marching to your room to change.  What a great way to spend the rest of your birthday, sulking and crying.

Yugyeom entered your apartment to the slight sounds of sobbing muffled by the noises of cartoons. He would have grinned at your adorable habit of watching cartoons if it not had been for the sobs he had heard or for the fact that you only watched them when you were really sad. With a frown, he moved to the living room to find you sprawled on the sofa, a tub of ice cream resting on your stomach as you glared at the TV. 

“Jagiya?” Yugyeom lightly called out, making your head snap in his direction.  You instantly got to your feet, shuffling away from him as he inched near you. 

“What are you doing here, Yugyeom,” you snapped, narrowing your eyes at him. Yugyeom’s face fell further as he froze. The look of betrayal you shot broke him. He tried to step forward but you raised your hand to stop him right there. 

“What’s wrong, (Y/N)?” he scanned your face, “Why are you crying?” he asked as you sniffled, wiping a tear that had escaped your eyes.

“Where were you? Practice ended hours ago didn’t it?” you crossed your arms in front of you, fighting back more tears. 

“How do you know when practice ended?”

“Answer my questions first! Where were you! Why weren’t you here when we had made plans for today! Do you even remember what today is?!” you yelled, grabbing a cushion and throwing it at him. Yugyeom dodged it, his own eyes getting blurry.

“It’s your birthday, (Y/N),” He answered, voice laced with hurt. 

“Then where were you,” you whispered, covering your face, “We were going to spend it together!”

“Jagi,” Yugyeom choked out, rushing over to engulf you in a hug, “I can never forget your birthday! Please just come with me.” He grabbed your hand, interlacing your fingers as he began to lead you outside. You followed him without any protests. 

You didn’t want to fight with Yugyeom; you desperately wanted to give him a chance to explain so you could just forgive him and move on.

Yugyeom lead you to the little park near your apartment. There, hidden behind a clump of trees was a beautifully romantic sight. Fairy lights hung above your heads and candles were lit in front of you, leading straight to a table for two. You gasped, covering your mouth as you walked ahead, instantly regretting everything. 

“I wanted to surprise you,” you heard Yugyeom speak lightly from behind you as Bambam and Jackson appeared, dressed up in black tuxes. They gave you huge grins which faltered when they saw tear tracks. Bambam looked behind you at Yugyeom before nodding and dragging his hyung away with him. 

You turned around to find him holding out a bouquet of pink carnations to you. You shyly smiled as you took it, not daring to look up at him in shame. 

“Jagi, I love you,” he whispered, grabbing your chin as he forced you to look, “there is no way in hell I could have forgotten or missed your birthday. I had been planning this surprise for a month, and I was late because I came here before coming to you. I wanted this year to the best birthday you ever had. I am so sorry if I hurt you! Just… don’t be sad.”

“Gyeomie,” you sighed, your arm encircling his waist as you hugged him, burying your head in his chest, “I’m sorry! I assumed things when I should have waited for you. Please forgive me. I love so much…” He hugged you back and you grinned. He pulled back, softly pecking your lips before he heard a loud 'eww’ from the trees. You both chuckled as Junior came running into the clearing, grabbing Yugyeom in a head-lock.

“Say the words, (Y/N) and I’ll end him,” Junior said, winking at you. You laughed as Mark came running out, shoo-ing the rest of the members away. 

“Use protection!” you heard Bambam and Jackson shout as they left, making both of you turn beet red. 

“Do you still want to celebrate or do you want to go home and just relax,” Yugyeom asked, his arms encircling your waist. You pushed him back lightly, heading towards the table.

“You worked so hard on this, might as well celebrate,” you grinned cheekily at him. His heart beat picked up as he thought, he was sure he could never over-look you or your needs, no matter what.