Insecure (Yugyeom)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

Reader X Yugyeom 

As you curled your hair, you noticed as Yugyeom, your boyfriend of three months, sulk behind you. You frowned, setting the curling wand down and turned around to face him. 

“What’s wrong, Yugyeom?” you asked, giving him a small smile. He nodded reluctantly before shaking his head. “Do we have to go to this party? Can’t we just stay at home and have fun on our own?” he asked warily. You sighed, walking up to him, gently running your hands through his hair. 

“Yugyeom, you know I’d love to do that but I promised (Y/M/F) that I will be there,” you kneeled down in front of him. He forced a smile back, nodding as he got up.

“I’ll go get a cab,” he mumbled before leaving the room. It wasn’t the first time you had noticed Yugyeom sulk. This attitude had been going on for the past week whenever you mentioned going out with your friends. You chalked this behaviour down as his desire to spend some time with you alone. With a small frown, you finished up your hair and rushed downstairs to find Yugyeom waiting for you in the cab.

“You look beautiful,” he mumbled with a beet red face as he gave you a shy smile. You giggled, resting your head on his shoulder as the cab set off towards your destination. The moment the cab parked outside (Y/M/F)’s house, Yugyeom’s easy demeanor changed and he suddenly became all quiet. With a frown, you got out of the cab, slipping your hand in his as you both made your way to the door. Something was wrong and you could feel it. 

“(Y/N)!” you heard your best friend shout as he rushed over to you, engulfing you in a hug. You laughed, letting go of Yugyeom’s hand as you hugged him back.

“Hey, (Y/M/F)! Sorry for being late,” you giggled, stepping back to Yugyeom who instantly put an arm around your waist.“No worries. I know you and your habits,” he pinched your cheeks, chuckling. You laughed along until you both heard Yugyeom clear his throat. (Y/M/F) looked up at him with a sheepish smile, extending his hand out. 

“Hey man,” he greeted as Yugyeom just nodded in reply, his friendly and sweet personality taking a complete 180. (Y/M/F) shrugged and turned back to you, talking about random stuff as he grabbed your arm, pulling you along with him. Yugyeom followed the two of you like a lost puppy, trying to keep his jealousy to himself.

“Did I tell you about that time the boys and I pranked that guy once–!” (Y/M/F) laughed, as you both chatted about old memories. Yugyeom sat next to you, sulking and muttering about how tired he was but whenever you tried to turn your attention to him, (Y/M/F) would pull you back toward himself and not let you focus on Yugyeom at all. 

“Hey~ remember that one time our parents thought we were secretly dating?” your friend winked at you, causing the arm around your waist to tighten. Yugyeom had an unreadable expression on his face when you turned around to look at him. 

“Jagi, I’m tired, can we leave?” Yugyeom muttered, placing his head on your shoulder. You opened your mouth to answer him but your friend beat you to it.

“No offence man, but you can leave if you want to. I’ll drop (Y/N) home,” (Y/M/F) offered. You opened your mouth to protest when you saw the glare Yugyeom threw towards your friend. You frowned, sneaking a peek at the smug expression on your friends face. It didn’t take long to put two and two together. Yugyeom was jealous of (Y/M/F). You would have laughed but right now you had a sulky, giant baby of a boyfriend to control. 

“Sorry (Y/M/F), if Yugyeom wants to leave, so do I. I’ll talk to you later,” you smiled at him as you got up,  intertwining Yugyeom’s fingers with yours as you dragged him out of the house. He followed you, mood lifting up a bit. He quickly halted a cab as the two of you piled in. When the vehicle got moving, you let go of the laughter you were holding back. Yugyeom was extremely confused, your constant fits not helping. 

“Was little Gyeommie jealous?” you asked mockingly, pinching his cheeks. He instantly flushed red, swatting your hand away. 

“What are you talking about?” he muttered, quickly getting out once the cab came to a halt outside your place. You took in a deep breath, controlling your laughter as you followed him, unlocking the door for him. 

“Don’t lie to me, Yugyeom,” you grabbed his hand as he tried to walk away from you, “I know you were jealous of (Y/M/F).” You heard him sigh before he turned around, tugging you towards himself. 

“Yeah, I am jealous of your him,” he muttered, looking down at you, “you both are so close and he knows you better than me and I just…can’t help it. I don’t wanna lose you to a guy like him. You’re seriously the best thing that has ever happened to me.” He pulled you into a tight hug, laying flush against you.

“You won’t lose me, Yugyeom,” you sighed, pushing yourself away so you could look at him in the eyes, “I choose you over that idiot anytime, okay? If you want, from now on, we’ll make even more time for each other. But always remember, you come before him, always.” He smiled at you, leaning down until your noses touched. 

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you?” he whispered, his eyes holding so much intensity that you forgot how to speak. 

“I love you too,” you mumbled back, arms encircling his neck as you closed the remaining gap, gently placed your lips on his. He sweetly kissed you back, pulling you closer. After a few moments when you parted away for air, he gave you a small, shy smile, nudging your nose with his.

“You’re amazing,” he tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. 

“You’re cheesy,” you giggled, giving him a bright smile.