Honeysuckle (Youngjae)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

‘Honeysuckle flower symbolizes the flames of love and tenderness’ 

Reader X Youngjae

        I like your bright smile
               More than anyone in this world
                            More than any other girl
                                   You’re the prettiest to me ~ Youngjae (I like you)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You played the last, concluding note of the piano and silence greeted you. The audience was still, as if they couldn’t move. But then, something snapped and the hall rang out in hearty applause. 

The audience clapped and cheered their utter hearts out as you stood up and took a few bows, watching the shining lights of the auditorium brighten up again. 

Your focus though, was on only one thing. The one person, your boyfriend, Youngjae. Had he attended the concert? After assuring you and making several promises over the past three months that he would attend (most definitely), was he there, sitting in the audience? 

You tried straining your eyes and looking, but the people were just so many that it was impossible to tell. You left the stage in happiness though, knowing that if Youngjae was there and had seen you, he would send you a text message, or come backstage. 

This concert was one of the most important moments of your entire life. This was your very first chance to display your precious talent to the world. You had practiced hours on end for today, and performed well, despite making a few mistakes here and there. To think it was received so well… you couldn’t wait to pour all the feelings you felt today to Youngjae. 

Since your part was over, there was nothing left to do, and after constantly checking your phone for messages that never came, you decided to leave. Surely Youngjae would be outside the hall now, waiting for you. 

Just as you exited the auditorium and stepped into the warm June air, you saw Youngjae come running up the stairs, panting and sweating. 

This was strange. You suddenly felt a lump form in your throat, knowing exactly what had happened here. Still, maybe it was a misunderstanding. Maybe if wasn’t what you were actually thinking it was. 

Forcing the lump down and brightening up with a grin, Youngjae’s eyes met yours and you asked, “Youngjae! You saw me… right?”

 Youngjae’s expression slowly became one of hurt, and before he could speak, you asked again, louder, “You saw me as I performed that song, right?!”

Youngjae looked down this time, and slowly went to shake his head lightly. 

Without thinking, you broke into a sprint, heart pounding and tears forming in your eyes. You ignored Youngjae’s desperate cries as he ran after you. This made you run faster and you headed to a nearby park, collapsing onto a bench.

You recalled all those nights when you and Youngjae would be sitting together in the most comfortable of silences, and you’d randomly take a hold of his hands and start talking about the concert. You made him promise over and over that he’d be there. He’d agree over and over and there was such sincerity always building up. But what had even happened here…? It was so blatantly obvious that he was hurrying to the recital, but it was too late. He had missed the whole thing.

These disappointing thoughts finally broke you down and you began to cry, burying your face into your hands.

Before you even knew it, Youngjae was standing in front of you, a hurt look glistening in his eyes. 

You immediately stood up and began to walk backward, using one hand to wipe away your tears as you out the other one in a defensive position to make Youngjae not get closer to you. 

“Don’t come near, Youngjae,” You cried, “I don’t want to see you right now.”

“Y/N, please,” he began, reaching forward to hold you, “Just hear me out–”

“Don’t come near!” You yelled suddenly, voice splitting. With this, you started running again, this time going to your apartment, and leaving Youngjae standing there, alone and conflicted. 


Before you even knew it, the sun shined brightly into eyes as you woke up with a tear stained face. 

Your clothes, those that you hadn’t bothered to change the night before, were ruffled and uncomfortable, which you stood up, incredibly groggy, and changed. You decided to go out for a walk. At the very least, you’d catch some fresh air and sit by the cicadas in gardens. 

As you stepped out onto the road, what you saw wasn’t the plain, graceful beauty of the green trees in the park right in front of your apartment. 

Rather, the whole park was, in one way or another, was decked in the brightest reds, blues and yellows you had ever seen. The sight was so beautiful, in fact, that you found yourself staring until someone broke you out of the spell by covering your eyes gently, and began to lead you into the park. 

“Don’t be scared,” you heard the person behind you murmur, “It’s me, Y/F/N.”

You sighed in relief and walked until your friend set you down, released her hands from your eyes and walked away, grinning brightly at you. 

“Good luck,” she mouthed at you.

You found yourself sitting on a grand piano, surrounded by bright colors on balloons, strings and hangings. And your only audience for the performance, sitting a small distance away, was Youngjae. 

He looked excited, eager as he waited in anticipation for you to begin playing. 

Seeing Youngjae again seemed to try and spark more anger from yesterday within you, but it melted as you saw Youngjae’s eyes as they begun to sparkle, reminding you of the one person who had given you so much love unconditionally, never let you be sad and always made you feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. 

You began to play the notes, the same song in yesterday’s recital, and as you did, the notes became went from monotone to colorful. 

Your mind began to play yesterday’s disastrous events like a film and you began to see just how hurt and utterly regretful Youngjae seemed to be at missing your recital. 

You lost your cool at the person who felt most precious to you and didn’t even bother giving him a chance. 

As you ended the song, you felt tears trickle down your cheeks, goosebumps erupting on your skin. Youngjae stood up, clapping furiously as he walked towards you, clasping your hands within his and standing you up with him, spinning around in wild circles in the empty park with you. 

When he stopped, intertwining your hands, he leaned in to press his forehead against yours, “Please don’t cry, Jagi… all I want is for you to feel happy. I couldn’t attend your recital yesterday because my schedule was so packed, but as soon as I got the leave I rushed there as fast as I could… I’m sorry, Y/N. I missed your beautiful concert. But here, if I could redeem myself even a little–”

You pushed your head onto Youngjae’s chest, wrapping your arms around his back as you mumbled happily, “You just did. So don’t be sad, because I won’t cry anymore.”

“That’s great,” he whispered, hugging you back with all the strength he had, only helping the fuzzy feeling