Go back to sleep, I’m right here. (Youngjae)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

Parings: Reader X Youngjae

Word Count: 386 words

Genre: Fluff


You turned sides for the near hundredth time as Youngjae lay next to you, soundly sleeping away. Your nightmares weren’t stopping.

They were strange, with every single one having you running and running away from someone… rather something, always ending with you falling into a deep pit with presumably no end, and waking up in cold sweat, always, always terrified.

It had reached a point where you had had to take sleeping pills to actually try to get to sleep as you lay awake, scared of falling asleep and seeing the same damn thing over and over. Youngjae never knew a bit of this, since he was a heavy sleeper. You never broke it to him in fear that he’d panic more than you.

Tonight, it was different. It was a different kind of dream, a touch apart from the others. You and Youngjae were both there… and were, as opposed to running, inside water. Moreover, the both of you seemed to be drowning.

Where you expected it would’ve hurt, it didn’t seem like that at all. You were just falling deeper into the water, which didn’t seem as bad as another thing, the fact that the distance between you and Youngjae kept increasing. 

Youngjae was almost gone from your line of sight when you woke with a start, eyes misty.Your breathing was irregular as you sat up, clutching your head in your hands and pulling your knees closer to you.

You just sat there, not knowing anything for a while before your felt strong arms wrap around you, pulling you close.

You welcomed Youngjae’s sudden warmth with open arms, laying your cheek on his chest and letting him adjust to let you lay on him as his hand gently d your back.After a while, he mumbled, “Feeling better?”

“Yeah,” you murmured back, “so much.”

“What happened, Y/N?” Youngjae asked, worry being the only thing evident in his voice.

“It was some nightmare,” you began hesitantly, “You and I were d-drowning… and we kept getting f-forced apart; I-I don’t even know how–”

“Shh,” he muttered, your head, “That’s enough. You’re safe now.”

You fisted his shirt in your hand, biting your lip tensely.

“Jagi,” mumbled Youngjae, kissing your forehead reassuringly, “Go back to sleep. I’m right here.”

“Yeah,” you whispered, easing up, “Okay.”