Honeysuckle (JB)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

‘Honeysuckle flower symbolizes the flames of love and tenderness’

Reader X JB (Jaebum)

You are special everyday in my world ~ JB (Something Good)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were very excited since today marked a whole year that you and JB had been a couple. You had everything planned to perfection. A fancy meal was cooking on the stove, scented candles lit around the whole apartment and roses sat in vases in every corner of the room. You wore his favourite dress, slight makeup colouring your face. His gift sat perfectly wrapped on the table, accompanied by a cute card which was a tiny bit more sappy than he would have liked, but who cared?With a sigh, you sat down on the couch, looking at the clock to check the time. According to JB’s text, he would be home in 10 more minutes, giving you enough time to dish out the food. You grinned to yourself, heading to the kitchen to finish cooking. You hoped today would go on without any problems. Little did you know, luck wasn’t on your side today.

Ten minutes transformed into an hour which stretched on to two hours. The food you had so lovingly prepared turned cold and the candles burned out but JB still didn’t return. With a mind full of questions, sadness and anger burning within you, you passed out on the couch, tired from waiting. When JB returned home later that night to find you passed out on the couch, candles and flowers littering the apartment and a huge cold feast waiting at the table, he instantly knew he had missed something. He walked cautiously over to you, placed a hand lightly on your cheek, causing you to wake up.

“Hey jagi,” he whispered sweetly, leaning in to kiss you when you pushed him away. He frowned at the glare you threw his way, anger burning behind your usually bright and happy eyes.

“Jagi, what’s wrong?” he asked, gently grabbing your wrist. You scoffed, pulling your wrist out of his grasp as you got off the couch and rushed to the bedroom, locking the door behind you. You weren’t going to tell him his fault. If he cared enough then he would realize his mistake. He deserved the cold shoulder you were giving him right now.

Meanwhile, JB sat outside on the couch, wondering what could have made you so mad. Usually you forgave him if he made a mistake; fights happened so rarely with the two of you. So JB decided that he wasn’t going to sit around for answers. He sprang to his feet, walking over to the bedroom door and knocking at it hard. He didn’t care if the neighbours got disturbed. He wanted an answer, and wanted to clear up any misunderstandings.You ignored his pounding on the door as you changed into your pajamas. He could take down the door for all you cared, you weren’t going to give in. He was going to wait just like you had.

“Jagi, open the door!” he shouted, clearly frustrated.

“Go away!” you yelled back, fighting tears. The last thing you could ever imagine was you and JB screaming at each other on such a precious day. You always had thought what the two of you had was stronger than this. Complicated, yes, but so strong a bond that something so trivial could never break you apart. What had you done that made him forget this day? Were you so unimportant to him?

As these poisonous thoughts clouded your mind, JB kept on pounding the door, ignoring the burning sensation in his hands. He had to know what he had done so he could fix it. You meant so much to him that he was not willing to risk your relationship over a small misunderstanding just like this. Just as he opened his mouth to plead again, the door unlocked and there you were standing before him, tears in your eyes as you stared at him with the most disappointed look. His heart broke seeing you like that. He stepped forward, arms extending towards you but you moved back, not letting him near.

“Do you know what today is?” you whispered, your eyes trained on the ground so you could not see his broken face.

“26th, but why?” he replied, crossing his arms so he could not try and reach you again. All he wanted was to wrap you up in a hug and apologize but he could see that you did not want that.

“Didn’t something happen today… around a year ago?” you dared to look up at him to see how he would react. A confused look settled on his face which quickly turned into a look of realization.

“Jagi, I’m so sorry!” He suddenly apologized, sincerity lacing his voice, but you scoffed.

“Are you? I’m sorry, but I don’t see it, Jaebum,” you ragged, “I thought this meant something to you! I thought that we both were going to fight for this relationship! I clearly thought wrong. You were so caught up in your work that you couldn’t even bother to remember the anniversary of a precious day.” You were seething by the time you ended and he just stood there, his head bowed not uttering a single word. This fueled your anger. He wasn’t even going to fight to try and explain himself! You were so mistaken about everything.

“Get out. I’ll end up saying something we’ll both regret, Jaebum,” you closed your eyes, going back into the room, “I can’t look at you right now.”

******************************************************************************************

You struggled to get out of bed the next morning. JB had left the moment you had asked him to and it pained you to see him give up so easily. This was your first big fight with him and you had always imagined that he’ll at least fight for you when, in reality, he had completely abandoned everything.

Sighing, you dragged yourself off the sheets, ignoring another lump riding in your throat.You made your way to the kitchen only to find your favourite breakfast laid out in front of you. JB stood behind the table, holding a huge bouquet of honeysuckle, a guilty yet sweet smile plastered onto his face.

“I know I screwed up last night, Y/N. I also left without offering an explanation because you were upset,” he began as I clasped my hands together and listened carefully, “Jagi, trust me when I say that this relationship means the world to me. I’m ready to leave Got7 for this. So please, never again think that you don’t mean anything to me, okay…?” You smiled softly at him, losing the defensive pose enough to give him the courage to step up to you.

“The real reason I forgot yesterday was not because I was busy with the band or that I don’t care, Y/N. The truth is that every single second spent with you is like a celebration in its own. I don’t need  anniversaries or things like these to tell you how much you mean to me. Every time I’m with you is so special for me. I’m so sorry if I hurt you last night… punish me however you want but please don’t give me this silent treatment. I love you so much that it hurts when I think that you are mad at me.”

You sighed, rushing over and engulfing him in a hug. He hugged back, his arms tightening around you. “I love you too, you dork,” you buried your head in his chest, closing your eyes when he kissed the top of your head.