Honeysuckle (Mark)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

‘Honeysuckle flower symbolizes the flames of love and tenderness’

 Reader X Mark

          I’ll always be by your side So don’t worry ~ Mark (Everyday)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at the time on your phone you sighed. It was past midnight. You could feel yourself boiling, the anger rising like steam. The faint sound of the music from the 80’s and 90’s could be heard from the backyard. Taking your hat off, you placed it on the counter next to fridge before opening it with a jerk. The glass bottles rattled and you pulled one out.

“What did the fridge ever do to you?” Your mom asked, walking in through the back porch. Her wedding dress still fit her perfectly. You smiled at her.

“Nothing. I’m just tired,” You lied. She looked at you as you gulped down the beer in your hand.“Mark isn’t here. Did you get in a fight?”

“Nope. Not yet, mom,” You answered through gritted teeth. “Sweetheart… It’s okay. He’s a busy man. It must have slipped his mind.”

“To even call and ask where I am? At past midnight?” You sighed,

“Nevermind. I should get going. You guys have fun okay?” You kissed her forehead and she took a hold of your arm.

“Don’t do something you’ll regret.” You nodded, grabbing your hat off the counter.You reached home in recorded time. The sight of Mark’s car in the driveway seem to pull some kind of string within you as you slammed the car door shut. The front door, your shoes, jacket and keys were also victim to your anger as you marched to the living room where Mark sat in front of the TV.

“Y/N. Welcome home babe,” He said with a smile which fell as he took in your angry face.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“What’s wrong you ask. Nothing really, except for the fact that my boyfriend of two years forgot about my parents’ Silver Jubilee. He forgot to tell me he would be busy so I could divert the embarrassment faced by my parents and myself when people mocked me and them about me having an idol boyfriend since I turned up alone. He forgot to call me to ask me if I was alright because I am not home and it’s past midnight. He forgot about an event something I’d been planning for a long, long time. And now he has nothing to say for himself. Yeah, everything is pretty chill.” With this, you stalked past him up to your shared room, slamming the door shut. With your back against it you took a deep breath before locking the door and began pulling off your clothes.

“Y/N, babe. Open the door,” Mark’s voice came as you pulled your sleeping shorts up your legs.“Go away!” You stubbornly shouted and pulled on your tank top.“Aren’t you gonna let me explain myself?” He asked sounding defeated and tired. You quietly padded over to the door and sat down against it, leaning your head on it. Mark sighed sliding down as well, you heard a thud when he sat down. He seemed to take your silence as a yes.

“Yes… I did forget about the party tonight, with the comeback just around the corner and the tour coming up it slipped my mind. I didn’t call you because once I got home I understood you’d be having fun with your family since you’ve been busy as well and haven’t seen your parents in a while. With me being there I knew you’d be stuck by my side and won’t be able to enjoy your time. I’m sorry if I made you feel uneasy or embarrassed.” Silence enveloped the two of you before he started singing softly. Your eyes began feeling heavy and you let them slip shut falling asleep.


You woke up and found yourself lying on the bed. The faint sound of breathing made you look up. Mark was there next to you, as always asleep with his hair ruffled and lips slightly parted. Turning on a side you faced him, placing your head on his chest. Reaching out you traced his eyelashes, moving down over his nose after placing soft kisses on his eyelids. As your fingertips traced over his lips his eyes fluttered open and the arm around your waist tightened.

“I’m sorry,” You said, and he opened his eyes to look down at you, “I shouldn’t have snapped at you. I sometimes forget we don’t exactly live the same lives. We always fight over petty things and honestly, I just got worried because I hadn’t heard from you all day and those stupid judgy people make it really difficult to not blow a fuse everytime I see them. And… and–”

“–shh, its too early for the blame game, so just let me cuddle my girlfriend a little while longer,” he murmured, closing his eyes and pulling you closer.