Magnetic Girl (Mark)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

Songs: Magnetic Girl + Mine 

Pairings: Mark X Reader

Words: 700 words

Genre: Fluff


“Yah!” You protested, as a giggle escaped your lips. Your boyfriend, Mark Tuan, spun you in a circle, keeping a tight grip on your waist. Earlier you had told him how you had finally gotten a job as the teacher at a school you had wanted for a really long time. This was his reaction, and you laughed as he picked you up and spun you around again.

“Well then, Ms. Y/N, how about we go out to celebrate?” He asked.

“Sounds like a plan,” You grinned, smiling shyly as Mark placed a kiss on your head. The two of you ended up going to an arcade after dinner. It had just opened up not a week ago.

Everything was going nicely until Mark left to get some drinks. You were struggling with the shooting game you had decided to start up when a blonde man with green eyes approached you.

“Everything okay?” He asked with a polite smile.

“Yeah,” You replied quickly, still focused on your game. A zombie was coming your way and you shot it, getting a five kill combo.

“You’re holding it wrong,” He said after a few moments. You briefly spared him a glance and it cost you a life. You groaned in annoyance.

“Here,” he chuckled before standing next to you, holding up the rifle next to yours. You tried to mirror his stance and he reached forward to move your elbow up a little. Holding the felt less awkward now.

“Thank you.”

“I’m Chris,” The stranger said.

“Y/N,” You answered shortly, going back to your game. You lost again, the screen displaying a bold and bright ‘game over’. You reached for a coin but realized Mark had taken them with him.

The man, “Chris,” leaned against the machine with a lazy smile on his face. You caught Mark’s eye from over Chris’ shoulder, since he was coming back from getting the drinks for the both of you. He had that look on his face which showed his annoyance whenever a man approached you and flirted with you.

“So, what do you think?”

“I’m sorry, what–?” Your attention snapped back to Chris, your tone going louder in disbelief.

“I asked if you are free tomorrow.”

You were about to tell him off when Mark appeared out of nowhere and, wrapping his arm around your waist, placed a long, possessive kiss on your lips. When you pulled away you saw the spot Chris was on was empty. You giggled against Mark’s lips.

“You’re cute when you’re jealous,” you remarked cutely, and he huffed, pulling away and held out your drink.

“I wasn’t jealous. I just don’t like it when people get so close and touchy with what’s mine, okay?”


Mark wasn’t sure whether you acknowledged his blunt ways of showing his love for you; the obvious answer was that you did, and often heard his heart pick up pace when you laid down with your head on his chest. Or when you made the move to hold his hand in public, and his cheeks coloured up and he ducked his head to hide it in vain.

Mark was shy, that was common knowledge, you loved his hyper side as much as you loved his silence and comfort.

“You appear in my head everyday. Whatever I’m doing, you’re always there with me,” He sang under his breath while cutting up fruit, quickly shoving a slice of apple past his lips when he realised you heard him.

“What was that?” You asked.

“Just a song we’ve been working on.” He mumbled.

“It sounds cute.” You looked into his eyes and his cheeks flushed again.

You leaned forward to spontaneously hug him, and found him with his heart pumping loudly under his chest while you laid with your head over it.

“What you’re hearing right now is not the sound of a drum,

It’s the sound of my heart,“

That grows louder every time I think of you,” He whispered into your ear and you looked up at him, blushing, eyebrows raised. He leaned down to kiss you sweetly,

"Girl, it’s you.”