Honeysuckle (Junior)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

‘Honeysuckle flower symbolizes the flames of love and tenderness’ 

Reader X Junior (Jinyoung)

                         You’re so perfect even when you don’t dress up
                    There’s no other girl like you in the world ~Junior (She’s a Monster)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had been waiting at this restaurant for over an hour now, and it was beginning to look extremely humiliating, just you, alone at the two seater table. 

The thing was that today was your date with your boyfriend of four months, Jinyoung, or rather more popularly known as “Junior” from Got7. You had a wonderful relationship with him, both of you were so happy and never fought at all. You went on dates at least a couple times a week, but what had happened now? 

You had texted him quite a lot of times but Jinyoung hadn’t replied, let alone even seen the messages. It had been, again, over an hour, and he had stood you up. 

Just as you began thinking like that, your phone rang out and you picked up, Jinyoung’s worried voice greeting you, “Y/N, where are you, I’ve been worried sick! Are you okay? I saw your texts–”

The waiter suddenly came up to you just as Jinyoung talked, “Ma'am, you’ve been here quite a while, is the person you are waiting for going to arrive soon?”

“Why’re you at a restaurant?”

“Is it alright if we reserve this table for you longer or–”

“Jagi–”

“Jinyoung, I’ll be home soon, okay?” With this you hung up, now addressing the waiter to clear the table away as you left without looking back.

Anger boiled within you as you walked more and more, not even bothering to call a taxi as you kept walking, increasing your pace and marching faster, thinking about how absolutely horrible and just wrong of an attitude Jinyoung was showing you.

He had never done this before, stood you up on any one of your dates, and it literally seemed like he didn’t even know about it in the slightest, which was such a pathetic way to sort things, especially considering the fact that you had told him over and over the past week, and also that it was Jinyoung, someone who always put you as a top priority. To think he had forgotten your date, something he never did, was so crazy and just… unexplainable. You felt conflicted, to say the least. 

You reached your apartment, panting and sweating. Opening the door and rushing inside, you found Jinyoung sitting on the couch and watching TV. As soon as he heard you slam the door and thump your way inside though, he got up and looking extremely worried, came forward to you, “Y/N, were you okay? What was all about me not arriving at the restaurant and–”

He seemed to want to embrace you, opening his arms as he came forward toward you.It came as a complete shocker for him when you pushed his arms away and began to walk toward your room, not forgetting to glare at him. 

Jinyoung immediately sensed that something was wrong, and it regarded you and himself. He beat you to the punch, grabbing a tight hold on your wrist just as you reached out to close the door of your room and lock him outside. 

You tried your best to squirm free but Jinyoung just wouldn’t let you, gaze stern as he observed you silently. 

“Let go, Jinyoung!” You grunted, trying to pull free. “Not until you tell me what’s wrong.”

“You should know, shouldn’t you?!” You scoffed loudly, “After all the time I spent telling you about it, not to mention how you never complained or resisted, this is your answer?! You couldn’t have told me to a simple no, instead you went and stood me up! I waited for an hour, Jinyoung! It’s unbelievable how much embarrassment it was when you didn’t even show up!!"With this, you finally broke your hands out of his grasp.

Jinyoung now stared, "Y/N, what are you even talking about? Where is all this even coming from…?”

You stood stock still, shocked at his utter ignorance of the whole situation, feeling tears b at the corner of your eyes. 

“The date…” You murmured, trying not to let the lump in your throat choke your voice, “the date… at the restaurant…”

He looked confused for a second, after which it seemed like everything suddenly “clicked” and he remembered everything– the times you had reminded him over and over of the new restaurant you had wanted to visit with him, how much you loved talking about it, and just how much he had missed for you within his schedule. It had completely slipped Jinyoung’s mind all due to his horribly busy schedules. And he understood just how much you had wanted this date… and just how much he had made you miss. 

His gaze softened immensely, “Jagiya… here me out, please?”

You stopped trying to fight his grip on you the moment he said that, wanting to give him a chance to explain himself, at least. 

“Over the last five days, I see just how much Got7 has occupied my time, and everything else away from you. Honestly,” he reached out to hold both your hands and turned you toward him, “I’ve missed you so much over the past few days, and I realise how much you wanted that date. So… because I forgot, because it slipped my mind, Jagi, please forgive me. I’m sorry.”

You threw yourself into Jinyoung’s arms just as he finished, feeling warmth engulf you as you felt his arms wrap around you gently.

“I’m the one who should be saying sorry, Jinyoung…” you mumbled, “I made a mess out of such a pretty issue… so… so–”

Tears began to cloud your vision along with your voice, and you didn’t talk anymore but let the pointless tears flow, now out of regret at your stupid actions and assumptions. Jinyoung led you backward and sat you down on the bed, crouching down to sit on the floor, facing you. He reached his hands up to your cheeks, wiping your tears with his thumbs as you looked down at him, silent. 

“Don’t cry, Jagi,” Junior whispered, leaning toward you to kiss you lightly, making your heart flutter, “Please don’t be sad. We have our whole lives ahead of us… and so much more time. I love you so much, and all I wanna do is make more and more time for you, okay?"You nodded, pushing yourself into Jinyoung’s arms again as he hugged you, now sitting on the floor, laying his head atop yours.

"Say, Jagi… how does a date sound… tomorrow, at that very restaurant?”

“Yeah. I’d love to.”