Laughter (JB) ~Birthday Special

Reader One-shot (Got7)

Pairings: Jaebum X Reader

Words: 915 words

Genre: Fluff

An: OMG!! IT’S JAEBUM’S BIRTHDAY AND I AM FREAKING OUT!!! OUR AMAZING LEADER IS FINALLY 24!!!! Time for him to get a girlfriend! I, Ramen, wrote this cute (hopefully) scenario for all those Jaebum stans that wish you could meet him once in you life (myself included). I have such a soft spot for that hoe because he was the one who dragged me into kpop and he has been my ultimate bias since the time I saw him....I THINK I AM GOING TO CRY. Well, happy birthday to my lil baby and I hope he is healthy, happy and celebrating with all those he love!


He remembered you as vividly as the first day he had auditioned for JYP, just as clearly as the day he debuted as JB. No matter how hard he tried, your memory never faded from his mind. Whenever it rained, his mind flashed back to that solitary day he saw you for the first time, the time he was left wishing he knew who you were, wishing he could find you.


(Flashback)

You were taking a stroll in the park as the clouds rumbled overhead. The park was slowly emptying but you didn't care. Whenever it rained, you preferred to be outside rather than watch, trapped behind the glass. Another loud rumble sounded from the sky and you looked up, a small smile gracing your lips.

 Jaebum let out a loud sigh once he entered the park. Pulling the hood of his jacket over his head, he scanned the park. Everyone had returned to their houses to escape the rain and he felt like he was the only one stupid enough to remain outdoors. Still, he didn't care. He needed a breath of fresh air.

 A little drizzle began to fall leisurely on your head and you grinned, enjoying the feel. By now the park was completely empty and you felt a little sorry for all the people who had run away from the rain rather than bask in it.

 Pouring rain followed soon enough.

 Jaebum shook his head as he walked through the now-muddy park, trying to clear his head when he heard it, the sound that would dominate his dreams and thoughts for days to come. You were laughing as you splashed over puddles, a child-like twinkle in your eyes, making him freeze in his spot. You were completely soaked to the bone but what struck Jaebum was that you weren't wearing anything to protect yourself from the rain.

 You laugh echoed around his head before a grin of his own tugged on his lips. He had to admit, there was something about your laugh that was contagious. There was something wrong with him.

Suddenly you stopped, your head turning in the direction of the boy staring at you. Instantly, a deep red colored your cheeks and whipped around, quickly walking away from him. Embarrassed at being caught, you were ready to head home.

Jaebum frowned, unconsciously running after you. He didn't know what he was doing; all he knew was that he needed to know your name, at the very least. You had sparked an interest in him and he wanted to know you. However, you had vanished before he could find you.


  "Happy Birthday, hyung!" Jackson cheered as the rest of the boys walked in behind him, Jinyoung carrying a cake with lighted candles and Mark, Youngjae and Yugyeom carrying gifts. Jaebum chuckled, shaking his head as he walked up to his hyperactive teammates as they set everything down on the table.

  "Make a wish, hyung, make a wish!" Jackson grasped Jaebum's shoulders, shaking them until the older shrugged him off, laughing at his excitement.

  "Come on, Jaebum, make a wish," Mark grinned as he motioned at the cake. Jaebum nodded, kneeling down to the level of the cake and closing his eyes. He knew exactly what he wanted. He closed his eyes and blew out the candles, repeating his wish in his head.


   "Hyung, what did you wish for?" Yugyeom asked as the boys got ready for their special fansign for Jaebum's birthday. Jaebum smirked, winking at the maknae.

   "If I told you it wouldn't come true, now would it?" Jaebum grinned, feeling weird in his gut. The boys all around him groaned and tried to protest but they were cut off by their manager who gathered them around to head to the stage now. With nods and an encouraging cheer, the seven boys headed to the stage where the deafening shrieks of the fans greeted them.

  As Jaebum surveyed the crowd with a small smile, he felt the weird feeling at the pit of his stomach again.


  "Happy birthday, Jaebum-oppa!" a fan giggled before him. He smirked at her, high-fiving her before he took her album and signed.

  "Did you wish for anything special on your birthday?" the fan asked.

  "If I told you I might not get it," Jaebum pouted, making the fan giggle again. Once she moved on, Jaebum dropped the pout, burying his face in his hands.

  Was his wish even going to be fulfiled?

  Seemed like a long shot, to be frank.

  He got his answer when he heard that sound again though, the sound he thought he would only hear in his dreams ever again. Whipping his head up, he saw you.

  You were talking to Mark, a grin on your face as he cracked a pun. Jaebum felt his heart pick up speed as you moved on, coming up to him. You paused in front of him, looking down at him, your eyes widening. The same crimson red flooded your cheeks again, making Jaebum smirk.

  "H-happy birthday," you smiled and Jaebum chuckled, extending his hand for a shake. You hesitantly stretched your hand forward too, heart pounding in your chest.

  "What's your name?" Jaebum's voice was soft, making you grow even more flustered than before.

   "Y/N," you replied, your voice barely above a whisper but he had caught you, a wide grin stretching across his lips.

 He had finally got his wish.