Melody (Jinyoung)

Reader One-shot (Got7)

Pairings: Jinyoung X Reader

Genre: Fluff


Soft sounds of a piano drifted through the room, making you freeze in your place. The melody was so full of passion that it touched your heart.

  You stood over there for a while, eyes closed as you let the music wash over you, gently swaying to it.

 You had been learning how to play the piano but nothing you had ever heard even came near this melody: it was soft, and just so lovely.

You were curious as to who was playing it but you were scared. Maybe the person didn’t want others knowing about them playing hence the door was also shut. So you stuck to quietly listening to whoever it was playing the piano for the next whole week.

Everyday, a different tune was played with such devotion and care that it always made your stress die right down. You tried to ask your friends if they knew anyone who played piano there but, much to your dismay, they didn’t know anything. The person behind the door, playing the piano was the only thing that occupied your mind for the rest of the whole week. It wasn’t until a week or so later when you gathered enough courage to peek into the room. With gentle, cautious hands, your turned the knob, peeking inside the bright, spacious room.

 A boy, a year or so older than you, sat at the bench, his dark, raven head bobbing along to the tune. The song was ending and you knew it was best for you to slip out of there before he turned but the last notes sent chills down your spine and you wanted to watch him play till the end, captivated by him. Just as the notes ended, the boy chuckled, turning around to face you with a sweet smile. You instantly straightened up as you recognized that familiar face of your senior. It was Jinyoung of Got7.

“You’re the one from that group that’s gonna debut soon, right?” Jinyoung nicely asked as he shut the piano before getting up. All you could do was manage a nod. Jinyoung had been your inspiration when it came to singing since you had been a trainee for so long and had hoped that you’ll get to meet him one day but now that he stood before you, you felt like you were a huge nervous wreck. 

“How long have you been hearing me play?” a slight blush coloured his cheeks as he asked you that. You gulped, pulling at the hem of your shirt as you stuttered, trying not to sound like a stalker. 

“A few days,” you shrugged, not really lying and not really telling the truth either. Jinyoung chuckled as he walked over to you, extending his hand.

 "You could have just walked in instead of standing outside all the time,“ he sounded so sincere that a grin instantly formed on your lips as you shook his hand. With a nod, Jinyoung was about to walk past you when an idea struck you like lightening and you swiftly grabbed his arm, pulling him to a stop. Jinyoung turned to face you, an eyebrow raised as he studied you, mildly surprised.

 "Oppa… can you… teach me how to play?” you smiled, sincerely looking up at him. His cheeks dusted pink as he nodded, patting your head as he walked out.


If you have any requests, don't forget to send them in!