13

Moving On.

 

'So, what's the meeting all about?' Jooyeon asked as she arrived on the cafe & reached their table.
 
'How are you? What happened yesterday? Where's Kevin?' Nana asked.
 
'For the nth time, I got dumped. He didn't show up. And Kevin, I told him to go home first' She sighed.
 
'Well. We have to tell you something' Bekah said.
 
'About what?' Jooyeon asked.
 
'Sorry if we didn't tell you ahead of time' Jonghyun butted in.
 
'What?! Now I'm not really getting you guys' Jooyeon started to get confused.
 
'The real reason why Eli broke up with you' Nana spoke up.
 
*FLASHBACKS*
Jonghyun & Nana were patiently waiting for Eli, whom they have called earlier.
 
'Sorry for making you wait' Eli was panting & bowed as soon as he arrived.
 
'Seat' Nana commanded him & he followed.
 
'Let's get this straight. Why did you suddenly broke up w/ Jooyeon? I know what you told her is a lie' Nana started.
 
'Well, you're right. It was all a lie' He sighed.
 
'What's the real reason now?' Nana asked again.
 
'I'm... getting married' Eli looked down.
 
'WHAT?! SO YOU MADE JOOYEON A-' Nana raised her voice.
 
'No. That's not it. This is a fixed marriage & it came up all of a sudden. I just learned it few days ago, that everything is already settled' Eli explained.
 
'Who's the girl?' Jonghyun asked this time.
 
'I don't think you know her. She lives in U.S & she's our family friend' Eli answered.
 
'Both of us are in a relationship, and now it's ruined because of this stupidity' He added & ruffled his hair.
 
'So, what are you planning now?' Jonghyun asked again.
 
'I don't know. Maybe you guys can help me to cheer her up while I'm trying to.. get the marriage off' He looked at them w/ pleading eyes.
 
'How long are you planning to do this?' Nana asked.
 
'A month' He answered.
 
'Are we going to tell Jooyeon?' Nana unfolded her arms.
 
'No. Unless I won't be back, then you guys can tell her & tell her to move on. If I will, then I'll be the one to tell her' Eli explained.
 
'Hm. I don't know' Nana really don't know what to decide.
 
'Are you sure that you're going to be back?' Jonghyun asked.
 
'Yes. But I'm not sure about 1 month' Eli sighed.
 
'Please?' Eli hands joined & begged.
 
Nana &  Jonghyun looked at each other & nodded.
 
'Well. Ok' Jonghyun said.
 
'Chincha?' Eli face lit up, 'GOMAWO!'
 
'But! If you're not going to be back in a month, then you'll definitely won't win her back' Jonghyun stood up.
 
'He's right Eli. Well, goodluck. See you in a month, I guess?' Nana also stood up.
 
'Thank You guys' Eli bowed.
 
'No Problem. We're only doing this for Jooyeon' Nana then left.
 
'Bye' Jonghyun then followed Nana.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
 
Jooyeon stood up upon hearing the whole story, tears were starting to form in her eyes but she fought them not to fall, 'I'll be going first'
 
With that Jooyeon left the cafe, leaving the 3 speechless.
 
'Now you've seen her reaction, what now?' Bekah was the first one to break the silence.
 
'I Don't know..' Nana shook her head.
 
'She may be too shock today, let's wait tomorrow' Jonghyun said.
- - - -
Jooyeon was walking on the sidewalk slowly, thoughts about what she learned awhile ago kept on bothering her. All this time, she was trying to fight her tears. She just looks on one direction.
 
*T.R.Y Do it No-* Jooyeon's phone rang & she answered it immediately.
 
'Hello?' She said.
 
'Hello Joo. How is it? Are you on your way home now?' Kevin asked from the other line.
 
She couldn't control her tears anymore. A tear dropped but she quickly wiped it & sniffed. Making Kevin to notice that she's crying.
 
'Hello? Joo? Are you crying? Where are you? I'll go there to fetch you' Kevin said worriedly.
 
'No, no. I'm fine. I'm on my way now. See you in 10mins. Bye!' She then hung up.
 
She sighed & shook her head, *Be strong Jooyeon* She mumbled to herself & continued to walk.
- - - -
'I'm home' Jooyeon shouted as she entered the house & changed her slippers.
 
'You're just in time. The dinner will be ready in a few mins. Go freshen up. Once your done this is done too' Kevin said, focusing on what he's cooking.
 
'Kevin, I should be the one who's cooking' Jooyeon tried to move Kevin but failed.
 
'No. Let me. I'm about to finish anyways. Go. Freshen up' Kevin glanced at her.
 
'And besides, if the cook's not feeling good, then the food won't taste good. So, you have to feel good by eating this' He added & winked at her.
 
Jooyeon gave him a back hug, 'Thank You Kevin- sshi. You're so good to me. I don't need food to make me feel ok, I just need a shoulder to lean & cry on'
 
Kevin smiled & turned off the stove. He then faced her, making Jooyeon to break the hug, 'Then let me be that shoulder. Ara?' He ruffled her hair.
 
'Arasso' She smiled & nodded.
 
'Now go, freshen up & get ready for dinner' Kevin said.
 
'Ok. Gomawo' She hugged him once more.
 
'How many times do I have to say it's ok?' Kevin giggled.
 
She broke the hug & smiled at him, 'Ok. I'll go then'
- - - -
'So, mind telling me what's the problem?' Kevin handed him a cup of tea & seated on the couch.
 
Jooyeon turned the tv off & got the tea, 'Thanks'
 
She took a sip before speaking, 'Well. Eli. He will get marry soon. His parents set him up in a fixed marriage'
 
'Oh. Sorry about that. What's your plan then?' Kevin asked.
 
'Nothing. Live the same. I'll try to be the old Jooyeon' She faced him & gave a weak smile.
 
'You're not trying to stop it & fight for him?' He shook his head.
 
'No. What for? There's no use' She scoffed.
 
'You have a point. Well..' He stood up & offered his hand, 'Goodluck Joo. I wanna meet the old Jooyeon soon'
 
She also stood up & gave him a handshake, 'Thank You. You'll see her soon'
 
The two of them laughed at their childish behavior while they're still holding ones hand. They stopped laughing once they noticed. Quickly letting them go, they both turned & looked at different direction.
 
'Uhm.. You go first. I'll clean this up' Jooyeon awkwardly said.
 
'O.. ok sure. G- good night' He rubbed the back of his neck & nodded.
 
Jooyeon picked up the cups & headed to the kitchen while Kevin headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth.
- - - -
'Ah! Why are there a lot of customers today?' Soohyun shouted as all of them are panicking inside the kitchen.
 
'Hyung. Calm down.  All of us are panicking too' Kiseop said.
 
'How can I calm down if we get an order every minute? This is keeping up for the last 20mins' Soohyun said as he prepare the orders to be served.
 
'Don't worry Hyung. We'll be out in an hour' Dongho patted his back.
 
'Kevin, bring these orders out. Please' Soohyun said.
 
'Coming Hyung!' Kevin brought a cart & placed all the orders there.
 
He went out of the kitchen & started to distribute every meal. Once he was done, he saw Jooyeon standing by the entrance, looking around. Kevin quickly pushed the cart w/ him & approached Jooyeon.
 
'Hey' Kevin said.
 
'Hey' Jooyeon greeted back.
 
'Why are you here?' Kevin asked.
 
'Well, I'm thinking if I can treat you to dinner today. Since, it's my turn to feed you' Jooyeon said.
 
'Oh. Okay. Can you wait for an hour? We're off by then' Kevin said.
 
'Okay then. I'll wait for you at the park. I'll be on the swings. Ok. Bye' She waved & turned around.
 
'Ok. Bye' He waved & proceeded at the kitchen.
- - - -
Jooyeon was sitting on the swing with a latte on her hands. She took a sip & sighed heavily, she looked at the stars & started to write her name on the air but then a pair of hands covered her eyes.
 
'Ah! Kevin..' She said.
 
'Aw. Am I really that obvious?' He removed his hands & sat on the swing beside her.
 
'No. It's just that we are supposed to meet here' She laughed.
 
'How's work?' She tilted her head to the side.
 
'A little busy' He smiled.
 
'Oh..' She nodded her head.
 
'So, what's for dinner?' He asked, swinging a little.
 
'Well. I bought an..' She bend down to get it, 'Ta dah! RAMYUN'
 
'Eh?! I thought you're treating me dinner?' He complained.
 
'This is dinner. And if you don't like then, i'll eat it' She shrugged.
 
'NO! NO! NO! I like to taste ramyun' He frowned.
 
'HAHA. I'm just joking. Here. It already has hot water on it. Be careful' She handed it to him.
 
'Thanks' He got it & stirred the noodles.
 
'Eat' Both of them smiled & started to eat.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[A/N] Sorry, it took FOREVER for me to update :D