Chapter 4- November 11, 2011 (11-11-11)

My Ultimate Wish

Part 3- Madam Merlee Foretells...

They already went to the stadium to practice while I was at the hotel doing nothing. I feel guilty for not going to the stadium but I was tired. I’m sure they were also tired but I’m tired. Not physically tired but mentally tired.

I checked my phone to see the time and it was already 2:37. I spent three hours doing nothing. They left around noon. After Yoochun hyung came to my room and check on me, they left the hotel without saying a word thinking that I was sleeping.

I’m really anxious, hurt, confused and so many other feelings that are swelling up inside me. I don’t know why but I feel like I’m worthless, nothing. I might sound ungrateful but how can you be happy when the person you love never looks at you or take notice.

I’m sure Yoochun, Yunho, Jaejoong, and Junsu would do fine without me. They have strong vocals and have strong charisma that no one would notice my empty presence.

After a while of doing nothing, I heard my stomach growl and got up. Since Jaejoong hyung wasn’t here there’s no food on the table. I got dressed and head outside and buy something... some food.

I was glad that most Cassies were at the concert venue because it means that it was less likely that someone would recognize me as Changmin from DBSK. Even though we are well known in Asia and I bet even grandparents would recognize us, this is Canada and as much as we are well known here, those people who know us are gathered in one place...at the concert venue.

I was already out of the hotel and just as expected, the concert venue was already packed with Cassies. I tried to go around the corner, hoping that no one would notice me.

I was already reaching the next block and once I get there... I’m out of sight. I was walking for a good 20 minutes and saw a fast-food place. I went inside a place called ‘Subway’ and ate my lunch. Their sandwich was really delicious... just like how Jaejoong makes his sandwiches.

I checked my watch once again and saw that it was already 3:25 pm. The concert starts at 7 and Yoochun hyung said I should just take a rest.

I head outside after finishing my late lunch. It feels really weird walking through a street without chunky glasses, annoying paparazzi and eager fans crowding every corner. I pass by people and no one stops me to ask for my autograph.

I was just strolling around Toronto for a while and continued to go farther and farther away from the concert venue when I saw this shop. It was beside some clothing shop and looks normal. It says on the top of the shop, “Madam Merlee foretells your future...”

“What does it mean foretells your future,” I wondered aloud.

I went inside the shop if you can call it that and saw that it looked like a normal store. It almost looks like a barber shop or something like that. There were magazines and chairs which I’m guessing are for the waiting area but it was empty. On the other side there was a reception desk and there was a young teenage girl who I assume is a teenage by how she looks dress, and acts.

“You can go in... Madam Merlee is available,” the teenage girl said between chewing her gum.

I was walking closer to the red curtain area and was lead through a dark hallway with some pink light radiating from the inside. I noticed that the waiting area has been separated by the red curtain. Once I reached the end of the short hall way I turned to the room where the pink light was coming from.

The room looks completely different from the waiting area. The room was illuminated by a pink light that brightened the dark room. There were some weird stuff that was decorated around the room but the thing that caught my attention was the woman sitting in front of the crystal ball who was dressed differently. “I’m sure western people don’t dress up like this,” I thought to myself.

The woman turned and I could see her face. She was an elderly woman and she had this thing that was wrapped tightly on her head.

“Come my child don’t be frightened. Take a seat,” the woman said pointing to a seat in front of her. On the round desk there were some cards and the crystal ball.

I took a seat and looked at the woman curiously. “Now...my child, what is it you want Madam Merlee to foresee?”

“I don’t know your saying,” I said in broken English.

The woman just nodded. “I see. What do you want to know,” she tried again.

I thought for it for a while and got what she said. Ahhh... What do I want to know? How would she predict what I want to know if don’t know what I want.

“I want love...” I said. I shook my head.  No that means I want love.  “No. I want know my love if love me too,” I tried again.

I see the woman nod her head and repeated, “So you want me to see your love life and see if your lover loves you back.” I nod my head.

She did some hand movements around the crystal ball and muttered some incomprehensible words. I looked at the ball and after she said some words the crystal ball showed something really fast and I couldn’t catch what it showed. It happened too fast for my eyes.

She took a deep breath and said, “You’re facing a love with many difficulties. And I predict that you’re going to have a hard time in the future, the future that you created. Love between you and the person you love might not be possible with the barrier that was created. Think hard and think before you act.”

All I understood from what she said was that my love has difficulties. I get that. What does it mean a hard time in the future...that I created? What did I do to my future? I understood a few of what she said except the last part. Think hard before you act. What does that mean?

“Me bad love? Hard future? What does last part mean,” I tried my best asking.

“Yes... you have a difficult love life that will soon become more complicated. Because of your actions, the truth may never be revealed,” the woman answered.

“Truth not revealed? What does last part mean,” I repeated.

“You’ll soon find out young man,” the lady answered. “You’re time’s up. That would be 20 dollars please,” she said simply.

I took money from my wallet and head outside as I muttered my thanks. 

What does the last part mean? What did I do to my future that made it bad? Truth not revealed? What truth? Think before you act. What does act mean again? Where was Yoochun when you need him? I should’ve learned more English so I can understand.

 

I checked my phone to see the time and it was already 4:18 pm. I started to head back to the concert venue so I can practice with the hyungs. I called for a cab and arrived at the concert venue in about 10 minutes. I never knew that I walked really far.

I showed them a big smile and wave, accepting presents that they gave.

“Oppa...are you okay?” a fan said in English.

“Yes... I feel good,” I tried to say in my broken English.

“Are you performing today oppa,” another fan asked.

“De... you can count on it,” I said in Korean. I’m sorry if I don’t know how to say it in English.

The fan asked someone what it means and someone told her the meaning and the fans cheered loudly. I gave them a smile and head towards the concert venue and looked for the practice room.

I was already inside the concert venue when I remembered that I have to find a wishing well to make my wish for my 3rdwishing superstition.