Chapter 3- Concert Mishap

My Ultimate Wish

Concert Mishap

Toronto was really beautiful. I had a feeling that I was back in Seoul. It was pretty busy and the buildings were very high. Even though our time to roam around was limited, we got to go to the CN Tower and even went to the top. My favorite part would probably be the glass floor. We got to stand on the glass floor and we could even jump on them. It was really fascinating to see how small the cars and people were.

We were already approaching Air Canada Center which was really close to where the CN Tower is; it was where our concert was held tonight. We were almost to the entrance when I could feel my head pounding and I could feel how much it hurts.

“Minnie...are you okay?” Junsu asked when he said me rubbing my temples to help soothe the pounding in my head.

“Deh... Junsu, I’m fine. My head just started to hurt. Do you guys have Tylenol or something?” I asked. Jaejoong had one and gave me one with a bottle of water. I muttered my thanks and hope that it won’t be anything serious.

 I checked my watch and saw that we were sort of late for practice since it was already 4:35 pm. I noticed that there were already fans that were already waiting outside. Our concert starts at 7 pm and they’re already here.  We head towards the entrance and once Cassies saw us they immediately surrounded us. At first they didn’t notice that it was us but after they recognized us they surrounded us asking us for autographs, pictures and gave us gifts.

They were surrounding us and it made everything seem very overwhelming. Even though it wasn’t our first time to have a concert, it made everything in my head spin and make me feel really dizzy.

We had to call for help when they started to surround us and we really needed to go inside to get ready. I signed a couple of autographs and took the gifts that they gave me. I checked to see the other members and it seems like they were doing the same thing.

Once we were inside Junsu said, “That’s the power of Cassies for you.”

Everyone smiled and head towards the back stage.

Yoochun walked beside me and asked “Are you okay? You don’t look so good.”

“Neither do you...” I joked with him poking him.

“No... I’m serious. Are you okay? You said your head was hurting earlier and now you look sick,” he said with concern looking eyes.

I just shook my head hoping to convince him...and myself that I’m fine. Nothing’s wrong.

Once we got to the back stage manager hyung was already there and he looked angry. “Yah... do you guys know what time it is,” manager hyung asked, furious. “It’s already 5:02 and the concert starts at 7:00. You guys said you wanted to go around and go sight-seeing...fine. I allowed you guys to do that but only until 4. But what do you do? You come back at 5:02,” manager hyung yelled. “You guys practice by yourself and go to the dressing room by 6 sharp. I’m serious. Now go practice,” he instructed us.

“Let’s go guys,” Yunho said as we head towards the stage. There were curtains that were blocking us from letting the Cassies see us yet. So we began practicing. Our bodies just began to move, it’s like our bodies are moving by instinct. We danced almost perfectly, a few mistakes that were noticeable only to us but they were pretty minor. Most of the mistakes were mine. My head is just not into it tonight I guess.

The past hour had gone by fast and soon enough we were already heading towards the dressing room to get ready. Good thing manager hyung wasn’t there and was doing last minute checks because when I saw the time it was already 6:07 and he would freak out again if he knew that we were late once again.

Once the stylists saw us walk in the room they gave us the outfits. After we were dressed for the first half of the concert, they began to usher Yunho and Yoochun to the seats and began to do their make-up. Jaejoong, Junsu and I went to a corner and practiced one of the dances for a while until it was our turn to have make- up put on.

There was only less than half an hour until we start our first international concert. I can see our stylist preparing Jaejoong, Junsu and I this time through the mirror in front of me. Yoochun and Yunho are already prepared and I can see Yunho do last minute practices in the corner we were in before.

My stylist was fixing my hair when Yoochun approached me and gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

“Hey Min... you okay,” Yoochun asked.

“I’m fine, just scared,” I told Yoochun honestly.

“How’s your head,” Yoochun asked.

“I can still feel it pounding in my head. It might just be from the nerves. I’m just nervous I guess,” I tried to say.

“What’s wrong? I thought you would feel better now that you can tell someone about your problem since I know. Is he the reason why you’re so preoccupied,” Yoochun asked quietly so only I can hear.

“Yeah... I do feel better but sometimes I want to confess but sometimes I don’t. I know that he won’t like me back because of him. He only thinks of me as a friend. And knowing that seems so overwhelming. On top of that, the pressure that we have right now isn’t exactly making things any easier,” I whispered back just as quietly.

Yoochun went closer to me and whispered on my ear, “Yeah... but the thing is Yunjae isn’t real. It’s just fan service, just like Yoosu. Yeah Yunho loves Jaejoong... BUT only as a friend or a brother. Just like the type of love that he feels for you or me. He doesn’t like Jaejoong in that way.” Yoochun whispered really softly that I could barely hear it but I heard what he said.

I was quiet for a while, trying to figure out what to do. Yoochun took the hint and didn’t talk about Jaejoong anymore. He joined Yunho in the corner and began practicing with him.

“Hey Minnie...” I heard his voice call out. Jaejoong hyung was almost done and I saw him fiddling with a bracelet.

“Deh hyung,” I replied.

“Do you want to have the other one?” he asked.

I turned slightly so I could see what Jaejoong was talking about but not too much that it would make it difficult for my stylist.

“This,” he said pointing to a bracelet similar to the one he was fiddling with earlier. “One of our fans gave it to us. I think it’s pretty cool. There was a card attached inside and it said that it’s a wishing bracelet. I don’t know if it works but apparently when you tie the ends two times you can make your wish. Then if the bracelet falls by itself then your wish would come true. Oh... and you don’t take it off even in the shower,” Jaejoong said giving me one of the wishing bracelets.

“Kumawo...” I said as he gave it to me. My head started to spin and I see...Jaejoong’s head having two faces.

“Are you feeling better? How’s your head,” Jaejoong asked.

“Better...” I lied. The pounding in my head seems to increase and Jaejoong’s faces seem to spin faster and my vision started to get worse.

“Get in your places we’re starting in 5 minutes,” someone yelled. His voice was echoing in my head echoing “minutes...minutes...minutes”. The pounding in my head increased.

There was no time to make my wish. I held on to that bracelet, never letting it go. My head was pounding and I could feel the temperature get hotter. Everyone started to get in to place. I was getting really nervous. I don’t exactly know from what but my mind is completely in panic mode I don’t know to do.

I looked around and my vision started to become blurry and I can’t remember what our opening song was. Was it Mirotic? No...It’s Hug English version...Right? Where are we again? I could feel my heart beating faster, like it would just jump out of my chest. My head is hurting; I can feel the pounding in my head. I can feel my knees giving in as I lost balance, then nothing. Everything turned black.