Chapter 10

My Ultimate Wish

Chapter 10- Friends

 

Changmin's POV

I stayed on the floor and cried for who knows how long. I sat on the floor with my back against the door frame.

I could hear the other members trying to open the lock door; the door remained closed.

I let my watery eyes continue to let the endless tears flow, as I hugged my legs and continued to sit against the doorframe.

*knockknocknock*

“Changmin-ah, it’s Jaejoong. Open the door,” I heard Jaejoong’s voice call out to me.

“No,” I whispered which I doubt they heard.

“Did you say something Changmin-ah? Speak louder. I can’t hear you,” Jaejoong said which confirmed that they didn’t hear what I just said.

“Minnie, open the door. Yunho hyung has something important to tell you. He already told us,” Junsu reasoned.

“Shim Changmin! Open this door immediately or I’ll kick it and break it open,” I heard Yoochun stated.

“Yeah... Min, I have something important to tell you,” Yunho hyung said.

“No...” I said louder. “Just leave me alone. Our plane isn’t until tonight so go tour around the city for all I care, just leave me alone damn it,” I yelled so they could hear me for sure.

“That’s the thing Changmin-ah. Manager hyung canceled the concerts that we were scheduled to do,” Jaejoong replied.

Did I just hear him right? Our international tour has been canceled?

“What? What did you just say?” I asked loudly so they could hear.

“Open the door and stop this childish nonsense,” Yoochun demanded.

I got up and opened the door.

They came in and saw my current condition.

“What happened? Why are you crying Min?” Junsu asked as he approached and hugged my body which remained seated on the floor.

“Nothing...I’m not crying,” I denied as I wiped away the visible tears.

“Remember when I told you that you can tell me, or any of the other members, anything you’re feeling Changmin-ah?” Jaejoong asked.

“I don’t remember anything that you said, remember?” I replied apologetically. “I’m sorry, that I don’t remember,” I added.

Jaejoong gave me a warm smile and said, “That doesn’t matter now. I’ll just say it again. I told you before that you are welcome to tell me or any of the members how you feel because we are like family here and that we will help you with whatever that happens. Just like now. We can overcome this. Even if you don’t remember our old memories, like I said before, we can just make new ones.”

I don’t know why, but fresh new tears fell from my face. I couldn’t help but cry endless tears.

“It’s okay Changmin-ah, don’t cry. We’ll get through this, okay? Don’t get too overwhelmed and overwork yourself just because you don’t remember. That doesn’t matter now. What matters are the future and the new memories we’ll make,” Jaejoong said which made me cry even more.

“Can I wipe away your tears Changmin-ah?” Jaejoong hyung asked hesitantly.

“Hyung, what wrong with you? Why are you speaking to Changmin formally? Why are you asking him questions like that?” Yoochun asked.

“Jae hyung, are you okay?” Junsu asked him.

I can’t believe that Jaejoong is keeping his promise. He really is trying to be my friend. He is trying to be my friend from the beginning. I didn’t say a word and continued to cry endless tears. Since I remained quiet and didn't reply, Jaejoong hyung didn't wipe way my tears and kept his distance.

“Yoochun, can you give Changmin-ah a hug? He looks like he needs one but I don’t seem like I can,” Jaejoong said.

“What is up with you Jae? Why are you acting like this?” Yunho asked Jaejoong.

I got up and went near Jaejoong and said, “It’s okay...”

I saw Jaejoong look at me for a split second as he opened his arms and hugged me. “It’s okay Changmin-ah... It’s okay...” Jaejoong repeated over and over again as he brushed my hair soothingly.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, with Jaejoong hyung comforting me in his embrace until I noticed that we were the only ones left in the room. The other members left and Jaejoong hyung was the only one who stayed in the room with me.

I didn't know why I didn't notice before, but everyone left and it was just Jaejoong and me who were left in the room.

“Where are the others?” I asked suddenly.

“They just went outside and went to buy our lunch,” Jaejoong hyung replied.

“I’m sorry,” I said after few moments of silence.

“What are you sorry for?” Jaejoong hyung asked.

“I’m sorry for not remembering anything,” I apologized. “I know that it must be hard for you to deal with me not remembering you and yet you keep on helping me. I’m sorry and thankful for everything you have done,” I added.

You gave me another warm smile and said, “It’s okay. It is hard right now but it’s not something that is too difficult to manage. I can deal with it.”

“Can I ask you something?” I asked you.

“Sure... Go ahead Changmin-ah,” Jaejoong said with a smile.

“Is it hard to talk to me formally?” I asked. “I’m just curious,” I added.

“Honestly?” Jaejoong asked.

I nod my head and Jaejoong continued, “Yes. Imagine knowing someone for almost 9 years and one day, they don’t remember you. They don’t remember any memories you guys shared together; just imagine. On top of that, you have to do everything you can that hurts you, to keep them by your side.  Even though it’s hard, it’s manageable. It’s much better to be in pain, than to completely lose someone important. It might not make sense but I chose something that I know I have less regrets making.”

“It makes sense,” I replied as fresh tears fell from my face. “It makes a lot of sense,” I muttered almost silently.

“Don’t cry Changmin-ah. I didn’t say that to make you feel guilty about it. Trust me, It’s fine. We’ll make new and better memories, okay? Don’t cry...hmm? You don’t have to feel guilty about it. It’s not your fault. This is no one’s fault,” Jaejoong said as he comforted me by massaging my back in a soothing many.

“But Yoochun says that I did this... that I was the one who made this happen,” I said as tears continuously flowed.

“It’s okay. Forget what Yoochun said. This was no one’s fault Changmin-ah. I believe that everything has a reason and this obstacle has a reason why it happened,” you said as you continued to massage my back in an attempt to calm me.

“Hyung?” I asked.

“Hmm...” Jaejoong answered as he continued to soothe my crying body.

“You don’t have to talk formal to me. Let’s be friends,” I said in between tears.

“Are you sure? If you’re just saying it because you feel guilty, it’s fine. I’m okay. We can take this slowly,” Jaejoong replied.

“No... It’s not because of guilt. It’s because I feel like I want to be closer to you and that doesn’t seem possible if we’re not comfortable with each other,” I explained. "I feel closer and more comfortable with you now," I added with a smile from my teary eyes.

“Okay Min. I understand,” Jaejoong hyung said as he extended his hand for me to shake.

I wiped the tears from my face and got up to give you a hug. I gave you a long hug and said, “Friends...”

I don’t know why, but more tears replaced the tears that were wiped away.


A/n: We all know that it's Changmin's fault but let's just pretend for the sake of Jaemin and for the sake of Jaejoong getting closer to Changmin that it wasn't Changmin's fault. Please leave a comment and tell me what you guys think. I updated faster than I usually update to compensate for the short chapter last chapter. I'm curious on what you guys are thinking so let me know... please? Btw is it going too fast and do I need to slow down their friendship progress or is the pace okay?