Chapter 4- November 11,2011(11-11-11)

My Ultimate Wish

Part 2: My Ultimate Wish

I wokeup once again. I checked the room to see if Jaejoong hyung was there, he wasn’t. There was no one in the room, not even Yoochun. There was only mine and Yoochun’s luggage, the small basin with a face towel inside the room and my phone.

I took my phone which was on the bed side table beside the small basin. It said that it was November 11, 2011, 9:34 am.

“Yah... Chunnie go wake up Changmin. It’s almost 10,” I heard Junsu tell Changmin.

“Let him rest Su. He wasn’t feeling too well yesterday,” I heard Jaejoong hyung tell Junsu hyung.

I heard Junsu muttered okay and heard some scuffling noises. I’m guessing he’s now setting the table.

It was too early in the morning and I don’t feel like going outside and face them yet. I took my iPod and began listening to music.

I was listening to music in the background when I decided to use the internet and began searching about the wishing bracelet. I saw different designs of the bracelet and most of them were colorful that requires you to tie the ends together. Some wishing bracelets even has a legend of what the colors mean, based on what color or colors you chose.

I kept on searching about wishes and came upon a site that interested me. “Do you have an ultimate wish that you want to come true?” the site’s title said.

On that site it listed several ways you can make a wish on. There was the dandelion superstition where you blow the dandelion seeds in one breath, the wishing bracelet, throwing pennies on a wishing well or a fountain, looking at the clock when it’s 11:11, loosing an eyelash and you guess which side you lost it from, making a wish on a shooting star, and wishing on your birthday candles before blowing it were just some superstitions that were listed on the site. They came with a picture and instructions on how to make your wish.

I scrolled down and saw something that caught my eye. It said, “The Ultimate Wish.” The article said that it only happens once in a blue moon. If you really want your wish to come true, you have to make a wish that is similar, if not the same wish for 11:11 am AND pm, along with three other superstitions that was supposed to grant your wish.

However, the article said that your ultimate wish would only come true under three conditions: you make a similar wish for all of them, you make the wishes on the same day and the day must be written as (11-11-11). So it happened when it was November 11, 1911, and happens on the year 2011 and it will happen again on the year 2111. My only chance is today; November 11, 2011.

“That’s today,” I said to myself. I quickly checked my watch and saw that an hour passed already and that it was already 10:32 am. “I still have time. I’ll make my ultimate wish,” I said to myself, determined to make my wish come true.

“I already made a wish on the wishing bracelet early this morning so I can use that as one of the three. It’s not my birthday so I can’t do the candles one. It’s also unlikely for me to see a shooting star when we have the concert indoors. I think I saw a fountain inside the stadium so I can throw money in it and make a wish. What can I do for my 3rd wish?” I asked myself.

I was still thinking when I heard a knock on the door. I saw Yoochun come in my room. “Hey...Min how are you feeling?” he asked.

“I’m feeling better but I still have a slight headache,” I told Yoochun.

Yoochun came closer and felt my head. “You still feel a bit warm. Do you want to stay at the hotel today and miss the concert?” Yoochun asked with a worried expression on his face.

I checked my phone and it said that it was already 10:48. “No... Its okay hyung I’m feeling much better,” I said.

“How about you stay here and rest. Then when it’s time for the concert you just come to the stadium. Besides you already memorized the steps and you need your rest,” Yoochun suggested. “Besides its only 10:56 you will have plenty of rest by then. If you really don’t feel well, I’m sure Cassies will understand. They were worried about you yesterday. We were all worried about you,” Yoochun said looking straight at me.

“Araso... Chunnie. I think it’s for the best. To be honest, I’m not feeling too well. My head hurts that sometimes I get dizzy, but I’m sure rest will solve it. Thanks Chun for everything,” I told him.

“No problem Min. I’m always here for you. I hope you’ll be well rested. See you later,” Yoochun said, checking to see if I’m really fine. He was looking straight at me and said jokingly, “You lost an eyelash. Make a wish.” Yoochun gave me a small hug then he left the room.

Wait... isn’t that my 2nd wishing superstition. I checked my watch and saw that it was already 11:06. I only have a few minutes left.

I touched the right side of my face hoping to see that I chose the right side of my face where the eyelash was. Sure enough, I was right; it was on my right side. I put the eyelash in between my fingers and wished, “I wish that I never met you... Jaejoong hyung.”

I checked my phone again and saw that it was already 11:10. There was a minute left before I need to make a wish. I checked my phone once again just to make sure I don’t miss 11:11 and sure enough, the phone turned 11:11 am. I quickly repeated the same wish and repeated my wish, “I wish that I had never met Jaejoong hyung so I wouldn’t feel the pain.”