Chapter 6

My Ultimate Wish

What Happened?

I left the room. Junsu, Yunho, Yoochun and Jaejoong were still in the room. I didn’t want to stay in the room because they were still crying about the whole incident. I still don’t understand why though.

I didn’t know what to do or how to comfort them so I went to the mini living room and relaxed on the sofa watching the television. Most of the shows were in English and I could understand some of what they were saying.

I decided to watch the news and saw that there was chaos in an airport; it said that the chaos was in the airport in Anaheim, California. The cameraman was shooting the airport and you could see that there were many people crowding at the airport holding banners up and stuff.

“Thanks, Julie. So as you can see around me there has been chaos at the international airport here in Anaheim and we’re not sure why so I’m going to interview one of the witnesses at the scene,” the reporter said.

 The cameraman shot the reporter approaching one of the people who were holding up a banner. The reporter tapped the person who was holding a banner and said, “Hi... I’m Brian from Cali News. What are all the people doing here?”

“Oh...we’re here to wait for our oppa. They’re arriving tonight and we have to protect them from the other fans,” the girl answered the reporter.

“Oppa? What’s an oppa? Who are the other fans?” reporter Brian asked the girl.

“We’re all actually waiting for the same people but the other fans are disappointed with what oppa did last night and they’re angry with them. We’re waiting for DBSK oppa. They’re a band who will be performing on Wednesday,” the girl answered.

Wait... did I just here the girl right? Did she say they were waiting for us? If these people are our fans, which means that they’re Cassies. Didn’t she also say that there are other fans? Are they antis or are they from another group's fan base? But why would they gather at the airport when they know that we would be arriving and not the band from their fan base. Wait... the Cassie said that they were all waiting for us. Something doesn’t make sense here. She also said that the other fans were disappointed with what “oppa” did last night. Which oppa? What exactly happened? Most importantly how come I don’t recall having a concert last night?

“Oh... okay. So all of you guys here are waiting for... what’s the band’s name again,” reporter Brian asked.

“Dong Bang Shin Ki, DBSK for short,” the Cassie replied.

“If you guys are waiting for DBSK why are you guys creating chaos with your fellow fans in the airport?” the reporter asked the Cassie.

“Oh...because the other Cassies don’t agree with what happened last night?  Some Cassies support Jaemin and oppa's decision from last night but Yunjae Cassies disagree with it and are disappointed with the turn of events,” the fan explained to reporter Brian.

“What’s a Cassie?” reporter Brian asked the fan.

“Cassie or Cassiopeia is the name for DBSK fans,” the Cassie replied.

“So why cause trouble? What exactly happened?” reporter Brian asked. “What exactly happened for you Cassies to have this argument and separation within your own fan base?” the reporter asked.

“Oh that... I tried to explain it to you earlier, but last night during the concert-“ the fan said.

“Oh ...” I heard Yoochun mutter. I couldn’t hear what the fan said. The television was still on but Yoochun fell to the floor after hearing the fans words. I didn’t get to hear what happened next and the news was just playing in the background.

I got up and approached Yoochun. “Are you okay?” I asked him.

“Oh ...why? Why did you do it? Why?” Yoochun just said. “Why Min? Why?” Yoochun asked me. Fresh tears were now flowing from his face. “Why Min...Why?” Yoochun said as tears kept flowing from his face. He was shaking me grasping my arms and shook my body as he muttered, “Why...Why Min?”

“What are you talking about Chun? What did I do?” I asked him as I supported his crying body.

Yunho now got out of the room and joined us in the living room. Once he saw that Yoochun was crying Yunho asked me, “Why what happened?”

“Yoochun just cried once he saw the news. I don’t know why though because I didn’t catch what the fan said since I saw Yoochun fall to the floor,” I told Yunho.

Someone’s phone was ringing and Yunho answered it. It was his phone.

“Yobosayo?”  He answered the call.

 “Deh? Oh... um deh... We’re here together... The members are all here... Why... No...Really...Why... Oh I guess...Okay...Araso,” Yunho said as he answered the phone.

“Who was that?” I asked.

“It was manager hyung. He said that our flight to California was postponed because of what happened yesterday. He asked if we’re all together and where the other members were.  Manager hyung also asked if I saw the news because apparently Cassies are causing havoc because they are being split in two. He said that the Cassies who are divided in two are arguing because of what happened during the concert last night. We still have the concert after a couple days on Wednesday,” Yunho hyung explained to me.

 “What do you mean the stunt I did yesterday? What made Cassies split in two?” I asked Yunho hyung.

“What’s wrong with you Min? How come you don’t remember what happened yesterday? Do you remember anything at all?” Yunho asked me, shaking my body.

I thought about it for a second and the last thing that I remembered was boarding the plane from the airport in Seoul, now I’m here. I don’t remember performing during a concert...I don’t remember having a concert.

“The last thing I remember was boarding the plane from Seoul. Did we have a concert yesterday? Where was I? Did I attend the concert? Everybody keeps on saying something happened yesterday and yet I don’t remember performing yesterday or anything from yesterday. Why what happened?” I asked Yunho hyung.

“I should be asking you that. What is happening to you? Why don’t you remember?” Yunho said raising his voice.

I got defensive and yelled back saying, “Why are you guys yelling at me? Why are you mad at me for something that I don’t remember? What did that bastard tell you now?”

Yunho was shocked that I yelled back at him; after all...I was the makanae. He ignored the fact that I yelled at him and pinched the bridge of his nose to calm his self. After a while Yunho said, “Why are you calling him a bastard? He’s your hyung Min.  Don’t you remember?”

“That’s the thing hyung,” I replied to Yunho. I said the word “hyung” in a mocking kind of way. “...I don’t remember. So why are you blaming me for something that I don’t remember,” I yelled back at him.

“You know why Min? I’ll tell you why. You forgot your own brother Min. You forgot his existence and accused him of having with you. Did those 9 years mean nothing to you? How come you don’t remember?” Yunho explained as he continued to yell at me.

“Oh... I’m sorry,” I said in a more calmed voice. “I’m sorry I don’t remember hyung. I’ll apologize to hyung,” I continued as got up and looked for hyung.

Yunho got up and followed me. I found hyung and he was lying on the bed with Junsu beside him. Junsu was comforting him and was hyung’s hair.

“Hyung,” I called out. My hyung looked up and looked at me.

He looked like a mess. His eyes were bloodshot red and tears were still falling from his face.

“Hyung,” I said again. “I’m sorry for calling you all those bad names. I’m really sorry for accusing you for something you didn’t do,” I said to him.

Hyung got up and extended his arms. I looked at him and stared. Oh... he wants a hug. I approached him and hugged hyung.

I heard him cry and I instantly feel bad for being the one who caused him to be like this. “It’s okay Min,” hyung said as he continued to embrace me really tight. “Do you remember me now?” hyung asked.

“Deh... Yunho hyung told me that you were my brother. I’m sorry I don’t remember hyung. I know what I said is unforgivable but I do hope you forgive me,” I told him honestly.

“Brother...brother...” hyung said as more tears fell from his face.

Now I’m confused. Why is he still crying when I already acknowledge him as my brother? I also apologized too.

“He’s not really your brother Min. What I meant to say was that he’s like your brother,” Yunho tried to explain.

“Aaaggghhh...first you tell me he’s my brother, now you’re telling me he’s not. He’s not a fan boy and he’s not my brother so who exactly is he,” I yelled at Yunho. I screamed once again and released my frustration.

“I’m Jaejoong,” hyung said. “I’m Kim Jaejoong,” Jaejoong hyung said once again. “Why don’t you remember me Min?” he asked.

I was tired. I really was tired. We had this conversation before and to be honest, I just don’t remember so why are they mad at me for this.

Yoochun came in the room and said, “Guys just stop. Stop forcing him to remember. All his memories with Jaejoong are gone. It’s like Changmin met Jaejoong for the first time this morning. It’s like he erased all his memories of Jaejoong completely.” Yoochun explained with his eyes looking tired and his shoulders were slumped. “There’s no use,” he said once again.

“Then why does he remember the rest of us and forgot about Jaejoong,” Yunho asked.

“Because that’s what he wished for. His wish came true,” Yoochun said bitterly.

And with that, I left the room. His wish came true... Yoochun’s words were following me as I ran out the hotel room. I was running somewhere far from this nut house. I don’t know where I’m going but I’ve had it. It’s not my fault I can’t remember and yet they keep blaming me.