Nine: Symptoms

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine:

Sojin walked out of the class leaving a dumbfounded Mark behind, what did just happen?

He was looking at the door to see if Sojin will come back in, but no! He counted one, two, three... She is not returning back!

She left, no scratch that she literally flew out of the class like she was chased by someone!
Something was wrong with her body, Mark could feel it the moment he woke up and it was not the full moon. He could smell anxiety and something different it was not her usual strawberry smell, he smelled something else in her, something like dust and cranberries and he didn't know if he liked the new smell or not!

I mean was it normal for a creature to change smells? As far as he knew it was not normal, since born you have only one smell and nothing else and that's it for your mate to recognize easier, it was rare for a werecreature to have two smells or at some point their smell to change but that was rare. You can gain your mates smell only after mating and as far as Mark knew he and Sojin haven't mated yet, and her was sure she hadn't mated with anyone else.

From the little time Mark had to look at his mate, he saw how pale and unhealthy she looked. She looked like she was coming down with a flu. The fact that it was the full moon, didn't help one bit with him and his common sense. His hormones and the fact that Sojin smelled like didn't help his situation one bit! But he didn't care about that now. Well at least he tried not to be bothered and his wolf looked like he didn't care about his needs at the moment. He was more concerned about his mate than anything else.

Mark's feet where drumming in the floor because he felt nervous counting the minutes left for the class to be over and his head was spinning because of all the thinking, he stayed until the end of the lecture, he couldn't leave now because the lesson started and Lila was giving him weird looks, she smelled most of what Sojin felt and if he left now Lila wouldn't stop asking questions.

Questions to which Mark didn't have the answers!

---

 

I walked in the house drenched in sweat. Ready to collapse any minute now. I felt hot, like I was set in fire, I was burning from head to toe. Was I sick? My vision wasn't blerry anymore and my hearing got better, but I felt exhausted, like I had run a marathon or something. I opened the door and Kuro started barking as soon as he saw me. I gave him a weak smile, but didn't try to bent down afraid of my feet leaving me in the way.

"What's wrong boy?" I spoke, obviously tired, but my voice didn't come out as hoarse as I thought it would. It was more velvet like, more sweet than usual. The door started whining and I was also about to cry. I was beyond terrified about what was happening. This is not the usual me, this not me at all.

"I'm okay Kuro- Kun seriously I'm fine." Just when I tried to reasure my dog, I felt everything moving, I grabbed whatever was near me for support.

"." I cursed through gritted teeth. 

I took deep breaths to calm down, I even sat down to relax my nerves and make sure that I won't hit anywhere or fall. Kuro sat on my lap, it felt like he knew what I was going through and tried to console me. I breathed in and out again and again, soon my vision started becoming clearer, not perfect but I didn't see my whole house spinning. I did felt lightheaded though. When I felt likegood enough I stood up, after placing Kuro gently down to the floor and went to the bathroom to remove the contacts it felt like I had an eyelash on my eyes and it started getting annoying.

I opened the door, the light to bright for me making my eyesight uncomfortable, so I decided to turn it off, it was not like I need it anyway, actually I could see better than any other time,  it was not like I had bad eyesight earlier it was just way better now. Ιt felt like I was transforming.

I looked at herself in the mirror. My eyes were emerald green and they were glowing. I gurriendly took took my hoodie off only to be greeted with a darker color of orange more like red, it was red my hair chainged color!I removed the contacts quickly and my green eyes greeted me.

Just then a crazy thought more like memory invaded her mind.

...And the young princess was scared to come at age. Not only her true identity was going to be exposed but her loved one was going to make his appearance. Her true eye color was going to be finally out the color should be emerald green and her hair instead of orange it was going to be red and her loved one a werecreature he was going to be like her... For that to happen the young male had to give her a kiss in the neck more like a mark in her neck... 

My mother's faint voice was replayed in my head, remembering all those fairytails my mom used to tell me before sleep, when I was a small kid. I shook my head in denial.

"That is just a fairytail nothing more." I tried to reassure myself and not freak out. I mean how can a fairy tail even be true, those are just myths, lies even, in order to make small children dream about princes and rainbows it can't be reality. But just a small thought told her that maybe she was that young princess her mother used to tell her about every night before she slept. I shook my head denying my stupid thoughts and left the bathroom throwing away my eye contacts since they were not usefull to me anymore. I walked to my bedroom and took my clothes off to replace them with more comfortable ones. Wearing leggings and a white t- shirt that was way to big for me, I saw something suspicious on my neck. It was a mark on my neck, a purple one like a hickey. Panickly I run my hand through it, it hurt only a bit but I still looked confused. I pulled my hair to the other side to analyze it better. It was small and it couldn't be seen easily. I brushed my hands through my hair trying to remember when and who did it. I paced up and down in my room having only small memories of how this purple thing ended in my neck.

And then I remembered, it was  two days ago when we were celebrating Lila's birthday and I was way too tipsy than ususal when me and Mark went for a walk alone. He bent down to whisper something to me, our eyes locking and then he kissed me, but we didn't stop there we went a bit further, he kissed my neck, I remember his  soft breathe over my sensitive skin giving me gosebumps. He kissed me once, twice and then I felt a small pain in that same spot, like teeth sinking in my flesh.

That was not the only thing shocking. Maybe, all those fairytails were not fairytails and maybe I was that little girl my mom talked about.


A gasp escaped my mouth and I started trempling, I have to call my m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter