Fifteen: Hurt

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifteen:

A freaking month passed without Sojin talking to Mark. She didn't aknwoledge him anymore, she didn't seem to care about his wereabouts. She tried her best to forget their moments together, she erased  everything that had to do with him. It was insane, it felt like this person was never in her life, like he never existed. It was over, whatever they had was over, she rejected him unoficially , he could feel it. Why was she cruel? What more did she want from him? Didn't she love him?

All those thoughts were coming back and forth into Mark's mind every day. He tried really hard to fuction like always but he couldn't. He was half dead, half alive. It was even more horrible that he could see and smell her everyday, but couldn't touch her, it was torturous for him and his wolf. How much longer could he bear with the pain?  He was angry 24/7, he was always moody and snapped at everyone. He could feel his body drain, his mind going blank, he could barely get out of bed everyday. Him! The strongest wolf, the reliable alpha, him who feared nothing, who could barely get hurt, him.

Another thought that was on his mind and it was draining him, was the hunters were not showing their faces made everything even more difficult for him. He had the whole town on alert,  he had given specific curfew to the elders, women and kids. The last thing he wanted was to lose his pack members, the people who trusted him and brought him where he was today, they had already lost their previous alpha Mark's dad not long ago, they couldn't afford to lose another alpha, not as good as both of them they didn't have any better alpha than Mark, despite his young age he was amazing. His smart brain and quick mouth brought their pack in beneficial situations, the fact that they had so many allies, were all thanks to Mark. Everyone loved him, so why couldn't his mate? It was so weird, so wrong? What was her reason?

Mark walked into his house and passed his pack members without smiling and obviously thinner than last time.

"Ma-

BANG his door came slamming hard in the wooden poles. It was the tenth time anyone from his pack members tried to talk to him but that was his response. He only gave fake smiles when he was around other people of the pack or in the meetings that they were held occasionally. He didn't need the olders to know about the rejection, they already were against him being the alpha due to his young age, but no one could go against him or against his father's will, therefore they let him be.  If they knew that Mark wasn't able to make his mate fall for him though, then how was he gonna make them  trust him with the pack?

The coucnil was concisted of people that both Mark and his father could trust but in the end they were proved that they were not so trustworthy as they seemed. They were one of the reasons why Mark's dad died like that, they were supposed to help him take care and protect the pack. They were supposed to help him grow the pack, but no they had to be betrayers blinded by the power Mark's father had. They were supposed to protect him from the hunters but no they had to side with them. Mark hated them, when he became the alpha, he ordered to  kill the betrayers, now only their sons or someone else from their family was in the council still they didn't make anything for Mark easy. Even now that he was the alpha and he proved multiple times that he was more capable than most in the pack they still wanted him down, so Mark being weak made everything beneficial for them, that is why he had to keep his rejection a secret.

A loud bang was also heard from inside the room the made everyone down in the living room flinch.

"Ok that's it." Jackson snapped for the first time after 2 months of this going on. "I don't know about you but I'm going to put an end to this." He said with determination. This was the second time Mark found something to crash in the past month. There weren't much left in there anyway. He had destroyed everything except for some pictures, his bed and the closet. Everything else waw destroyed and he never cared to clean them up, he wanted to see the mess he created because the mess in his room was the same mess inside of him, or at least at some point conforted him.

Everyone looked at him puzzled, even Kuro -yes they kept the dog because in the end eveyone loved it- had tittled his head to the side. What did Jackson wanted?

"What do you mean?" Jaebum asked.

"I am going to talk to him and someone is going to talk to her." He said not wanting to say her name inside the house when Mark could still hear him.

Lina gasped. "You know that is not going to end well." She said horrified. Jinyoung rubbed her arms feeling how panicked she was feeling. And he couldn't help but feel the same. This is not easy, we are not talking about a cloth that doesn't fit us and we return it to take something on our size. No we are talking about two people, too stubborn to care about this huge mistake they are making.

Jackson sighed. "I know, but it pains me to know that my childhood friend and now my alpha is feeling so awful."He whispered. Mark's feelings were all over the place and everyone could feel that something was wrong. They had to help him somehow.

"It's going to make everything worse." Youngjae stood up moving Kuro with him the dog left a whine. These days the dog only followed Youngjae like he was a magnet. At first Youngjae was freaked out but now he was used to it that he even called for the dog to come with him.

"I don't care they have to talk, Mark is dying and Sojin is not any better. They need each other." Jackson said. "Now who is going to help me." Jackson asked. Everyone raised their hands up. He smiled in satisfaction.

"Ok how are we going to do it?" Jinyoung asked. Jackson gathered everyone around him and started talking to what he thought was right to do.

---

They were talking for one hour. Jackson was going to talk to Mark and the rest were going to talk to Sojin while Jaebum and Jinyoung were going to stay here if anything went wrong, they were the stronger after all.

He went upstairs while Lila together with the youngsters went to Sojin.

Jackson knocked no one asnwered. "Mark can I come in?" No answer. He shrugged and went in the other two waited downstairs.

He walked into a dark room with only one body sitting on the bed his stare fixed in the ceiling, not looking elsewhere, the body seemed lifeless and at some point it was. Everything inside was a mess. Broken glasses, crashed wood from god knows where. It was a mess just like Mark.

"What now?" Mark asked angry. These days he always felt angry and he was impatient, he didn't give time to anyone to talk or even correct their mistake. Even if they didn't make any mistake. He was always angry.

"Are you ok?" Jackson asked not caring about Mark's attitude, he was used to him and his tantrums.

"Do I seem ok?" Mark asked more like snapped.

Jackson sighed and walked further into the room careful not to step into anything sharp.

"We need to talk." He said calm.

"Oh do we? Because I don't want to talk." Mark said with an attitude. He was sick and tired. everyone had an opinion about what he should do and should't do and guess what, he was the only one stuck in this situation, he knew better.

"Ok then." Jackson shrugged. " I'm going to talk then." Jackson continued.

Mark sighed defeated, he knew he couldn't win against Jackson and especially against a determined Jackson.

"For how much longer are you going to be like this?" He started smoothly, not wanting to anger Mark. "I know you are in constant pain, I know it's hard but Mark you need to lean a bit more toward us ok? All of us are conserned about you, we want you to be better, please get a grip of yourself. We can't bear to see you like this anymore, it is hurting all of us." Jackson said with soft eyes, This was the first time he ever saw his alpha looking so weak, Mark was always st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter