Eight: Changes

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight:

 

The ride back home was quiet and awkward. Mark didn’t know what to say and I was far too confused. First of all why did Lila live with Mark? Second of all do they all live together? The house is huge yes, it's a 3 store house, there were a lot of pictures with those faces so yeah they were, roomates? I was far too engrossed in my own thoughts to realize that we have arrived in front of my house. I was bitting my nails replaying the scene from before and thinking about the situation.

Mark turned off the engine and waited for Sojin to get out. He was really pissed with his pack for ruining his peaceful moment with his mate but he was even more pissed with JB, who did he think he was for making his mate blush? He turned to look at Sojin; she seemed deep in thought, eating her finger nail and having her head titled a bit to the side.
 

Cute Mark thought. He stayed there for a couple of seconds staring at her. His wolf was peaceful now because he had his mate for himself, she was so close yet so far because of the wall Sojin had build over her. It was difficult to go close to her but not impossible, at least not impossible for him. Finally she seemed like she snapped out of her thoughts.

“Oh.” I exclaimed, while looking around me the surroundings pretty familiar. “We are here.” I grabbed my backpack ready to go, but I could feel his hot stare on  my  back. I turned my head slowly  to see Mark staring back at me. I felt captivated by his look. His intense stare, his eyes set only to me, I felt my heart picking up its pace and my cheeks flushing red. I cleared my throat in order to get rid of the tention. He blinked, while I also looked away.

“I guess I’ll get going then.” Ι didn’t want to go, for some odd reason Ι felt so comfortable around Mark and even though Ι felt weird at first, now Ι loved it and Ι wanted more of this peace. Ι wanted to get to know Mark more, he was not the I though that he was. He is interesting and smart and charming. Ok enough. I turned around my bag in my hands and opened the door, but the  I had in mind all this time were bagging me therefore I gave it a shoot. “Say Mark, sorry to ask you, but why is Lila living with you?” I just couldn't help my curious self.

Mark looked a bit surprised with the sudden question. Well I don't blame the poor guy, it was sudden and I bet I sounded like some brat. “Not only Lila, but also the guys we grew up together and wanted to go to university together so we rented a house in order to stay together.” Mark answered not looking at me.

"Oh." I simply managed to say. I didn't expect that but oh well it's not my business to mentle in. “Well then that was all I wanted to ask, good night.” I then got out of the car, but still felt like something was not right with me and Mark. I mean does I just walk out of the car go home and that’s it? I was about to close the car door when I heard Mark's voice from the car.

“I’m going to wrap up the rest of the project and I’ll send it to you via e- mail. Is that ok?” Mark asked, with an expression I couldn't read. Maybe that was the purpose of the poker face, to not let the other person read you. Therefore I let him be. I looked at him with a confused expression. I felt kind of sad, well I did avoided him, what did I expect? To chase me until forever.  But still to say something like this with an expressionless face made it worse.

“Yes sure.” I shrugged my shoulders and tried to play it cool. If he was going to act like an then I don't care, he can do whatever he wants. I closed the door and started walking to toward my house.Only thinking about the warm bath that I was going to take, watch a movie and totally forget about that jerk.

What an ? He kisses me, makes me feel so confused and when I thought that he is different, bull, he is just the same… I hate him, no I loathe him.” An angry huff left my mouth. Ifelt like an abandoned dog who was given a small taste of what love is and then brutally left alone in some cold pavement.

Mark on the other hand was in his car with his wolf’s thoughts surrounding him. Seriously Mark? Can’t you just ask her out? You are hurting her idiot, he is our mate do something or I’ll take over. His wolf threatened his front teeth already showing and a growl was going to escape, Mark felt it too his eyes changed to the red one, which meant that his wolf was pretty pissed and if he didn’t do something now he was going to change and he didn’t want to scare her away. He opened the car door taking something with him and called her.

“Sojin wait.” He shouted my name loud and clear, I turned around obviously pissed. What? Is he going to say something between the lines of I don't know your e-mail?

“What?” I snapped pissed at him. I had my hands crossed on my chest a frown visible and yes I felt like a child throwing a tantrum, but guess what I don't give a , about how I look, I'm pissed and he can do whatever he wants.

Heck, if she only knew how Mark felt looking at her mad expre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter