Ten: Quiet before the storm

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten:

Mark was staring softly at a sleeping Sojin. She was so cute when she slept even though she was having a fever and she looked a bit pale, she was still beautiful. Looking at her peaceful face Mark couldn't help but fall deeper and deeper in love with her.  Her red hair was tied up in a messyban to keep the hair out of the way, her rosy cheeks plus her sweaty forehead made her look a lot cuter, an image that Mark wanted to keep forever in his head. She was like an angel fallen from the skies and Mark had the greatest luck to catch her when she fell, he couldn't have asked for anything better, seriously she was the greatest mate he could ever ask for.

Sweat covered her forehead, taking deep breaths, since she had a high fever, her immunem system was probably fighting with his genes already and Mark was next to her, sponge at one hand dumping it in cold water to help her cool it down a little bit. All this time Mark whispered sweet nothings to her ear, he knew that she couldn't hear him, but it still made him feel a lot better because he was the one responsible for her fever. The reason why Mark felt guilty was because firstly he marked her as his own, without her knowing it and that was making all the harder for him to explain to her why she was going through all this and the fact that her let's say almost boyfriend is not exactly human, not like Sojin was human. But that was not something he should worry for now, or should he?

The other reason why Mark was feeling guilty was, because by half marking someone, meant that the wolf was transferring his genes to his mate just to remind the other wolves that this girl was his and that he was making their bond stronger. Thanks to that mark, Mark could feel her every feeling and thoughts a lot more and vise versa, meaning that right now he could feel his body weakening because his mate was trying to accept his genes. Also a half finished mark, meant a lot more work when marking her whole. Meaning he would probably have to mark her twise something really painful for his pain.

A buzz on his jeans snapped Mark out of his thoughts. He took his phone out of his jeans and the flash of the screen made him go blind for a couple seconds, blinking away he read who was calling.

Jackson calling.

He sighed but picked it up anyway.

"Hey." Mark greeted softly.

"A yo alpha whats up?" Jackson's cheerful voice was heard from the other side of the phone.

Mark felt Sojin stirring up so he patted her forehead in order to calm her down a bit and make her return succesfully back to sleep. He gave her one last look before walking out of the room to talk freely to Jackson.

"Sojin came down with a fever so yeah I did left my mark afterall and because I'm an alpha the impact is a lot stronger."  Mark felt so sorry for making Sojin to go through all that.

Jackson sighed from the other side. "That is why I told you not to do anything rush, because explaining all this now to her is going to be a pain in the ."

Mark followed Jackson's previous actions and sighed while ruffling his hair in a desperate manner.

"I know." He answered softly. "It is just..." He paused,  looked at the door and then back to where he was looking previously. "I think that something inside her is starting to wake up..." Mark paused once more.

Question: How do you explain to your pack that your mate is a red hair and has green eyes?

Answer: You can't, you just tell them...

"And I'm guessing, like the great medium that I am that there is more than that?" Jackson said sarcastically.

"Actually yeah." Mark answered right back. "She has red hair and green eyes." Mark softly whispered closing his eyes afraid of Jacksons reaction.

One... tw--

"SHE IS WHAT?" Jackson screamed.

"Calm down." Mark hissed with gritted teeth.

"Don't tell me she is actually a ginger?" Jackson said once more with the same enthusiasm but lower volume.

Mark smiled softly "Actually yes and she is breathtaking." Mark's voice betrayed his every feeling. He felt like a schoolgirl talking to her bestfriend about her crush and giggling like lovestruck puppies.

"WOW" Jackson simple said back. "Congrats I guess." Mark could sense Jackson's smile from the other side of the phone.

A small pause was followed, only to be broken by Mark. "So why did you call? And don't tell me that you were worried about Sojin because I'm not buying that bull." Mark tried to get to the point.

"Well..." Jackson combed on how to explain the situation. "I know that this is the not the right time to leave Sojin, but we have a situation here." Jackson was troubled and nervous as he started talking.

"What situation?" Mark cut in totally nervous. He couldn't afford to lose anymore pack members.

"Something, more like someone tresspassed our territory." Jackson finally said. "Everyone is worried sick Mark we need our alpha." Jackson said serious, yet worried.

Mark looked at Sojin's bedroom door, opened it she was still having a fever, he sighed. His pack needed him and he was a responsible alpha, he couldn't abandon them now. His mate needed him now too but what is he supposed to do? Neglect his pack mates? He made a promise to himself to finish quickly whatever business he had with the pack and return quickly to his mate side.

"Ok, I'll be there in 20 minutes." He hung up and walked in the bedroom, where Sojin was deeply in sleep. The fever was exhausting afterall. He kneeled down and kissed her softly on the lips.

"I'll be back my love, please don't get worse ok?" He gave her one last look and left the room closing the door softly behind him. As soon as the front door was closed Sojin opened her eyes. She looked around her empty room, a small feeling of emptiness filled her chest, she took her layers off her bod, feeling fine. The ping of her phone, infomring her of a message grabbed her attention.

From Mark

[Received 20:05]

Something came up, I'll be back soon with soup, rest well.

Sojin smiled, thinking that he didn't abandon her and walked to the bathroom. A gasp full of pain escaped , she grabed her head, feeling lightheaded and in pain, a lot of thoughts flooded her mind not her thoughts, thought of other people around her. What is this? A sream left . Please stop. Everything turned black.

---

Mark parked in front of his pack's main house, the one he actually slept to but used for the meetings too. He opened the door, anxiety, nervousness, worry was the only thing he could smell from his pack.

"Ok everyone, I'm here you can relax now." He tried to make them feel at ease. "I'm going to patrol the area just to see who or what tresspassed our area ok?" Mark offered and finally everyone hived a sigh of relief.

"I'll go with you." Jackson said as soon as Mark spoke.

Mark gave a firm nod. The two males started walking to the door when a female with now half blonde half pink hair stopped them.

"How is she?" Lila asked worried.

Mark sighed. "All of us more or less have been through this part, she will make it through, its  just a fever afterall." Mark reassured Lila as best as he could, he couldn't have her worry more than she should.

She nodded and just watched the two males  swifting to their wolf forms one a medium size wolf all white with purple eyes and right  next to that almost flawless wolf stood a bigger on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter