Three: Expectations

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three:

Why do we always have expectations? Why do we always expect the other person to meet those expectations? Do we even have the right to be disappointed if they don’t meet them? Get angry with them? Or… give them a second chance?

 

I never expected to acknowledge Lila or as her full name is Lee (stands for Li) Sol(r)a which give us Lila. I still don’t know why I lend that notebook to her last Monday. Maybe I'm sick of being alone, or maybe because I simply felt something coming from her. Or was it because my touch didn’t bother her? Something just drew me to her like a magnet, a force that I can’t explain. She was a ball of sunshine,your typical happy go lucky girl. The one who talks about pink ribbons and princesess, while I on the other hand was the moon that got all the light I needed by her in order to shine. I was your typical gloomy everything is dark around me girl. I was not made about parties or about social interaction. I was made to be isolated by everyone and everything.

But what bothered me the most wasn't her personality or her character or her pink hair, it was the fact that my touch never and I repeat never bothered her. And that was not fine. I mean my touch is suppose to make you flinch as soon as it touches you. It is supposed to make you feel like death is near, not smile and be fine. You simple can't be fine after I touch you. That is why, even though it is not appropriate to touch someone without their permission, I had to touch her hand or arm in order to test her, ever since that Monday where I touched her accidentally and she didn’t even flinch, I tried skin ship with every chance I had, without her knowing of course, just to make sure that my touch doesn't affect her and to my surprice it didn’t. She never reacted negatively, she never flinched . That was so weird, no one and I repeat no one to this day had stayed un faced about my touches.

My touch is supposed to be lethal toward anyone. Ever since I was a little child I remembered that my touch was fatal. And by fatal I mean with a single touch, I could take the energy of someone’s body, if I let my hand or any part of my body touch someone else’s exposed part longer than I should, they would pass out and to some extreme situations they would… die. For that to happen, meaning for them to die I have to kiss them on the lips. It's like the core of their energy, the gate that I can get all their energy to the point of them passing out or dying. 

That I found out during my high school years. My gift, or curse as I liked to call it wasn’t fully activated until my 16 years of life. At first it activated when I had strong feelings, like anger, sadness etc, even there it wasn’t that fatal that someone could pass out from it, but I could still steal his energy and make it mine. Yes you read write. My so called gift is about stealing someone’s energy and giving me more power the more energy I take from someone the more powerful I feel. I could feel the overflowing power passing though my veins making me feel even more alive, the feeling is mututal to when you wake up after a nice nap.

I can still remember the day my first and last boyfriend kissed me and not two seconds later he passed out. I freaked out and started screaming, he was stanting there all pale and I was standing with my hair all ovver the place, my eyes green and then my parents came in my bedroom. I wish I could forget about that day, about that accident, about my worried parents, about his pale lifeless eyes. Thankfully he was alive but we don't need to get into details about what happened to me after that. Of course I left the town and I also disguished myself in order to not look weird to others. After that I never touched or kissed anyone, I always stayed on the shadows, too afraid of myself, too afraid to trust me.

Therefore the reason, on why I react on why Lila doesn't react on my touch is simple because, so far the only people who haven’t reacted to my touch are my parents, my new pet dog Kuro. Is it too much to have hopes about me, that maybe I'm not that dangerous after all?

“Hey Sojin are you ok?” I heard a girl’s voice next to me.

I snapped my head toward the voice's direction a bit annoyed. As soon as my eyes landed on Lila I relaxed

“I’m fine Lila." I answered a bit  rushed. "Why?” I asked soon after in order to not sound like a .

She gave a look and quickly talked. “You seemed so out of it for a while. Classes are over for a while now, but you were so focused on that wall overthere.” She showed with her hand the wall that was ahead of me. "That I got worried that you really must habe lost it." She said with a soft voice, her worry evident to me now.

I scanned the class and indeed the classroom was empty.

“Oh.” I said simply. Lately my thoughts were so deep I couldn't even understant what was going on around me. I quickly stood up and started packing my stuff. Without another word I grabbed my back that had everything in it and took a step away from the step and toward the exit. I heard footsteps coming from behind me, I bet it was Lila, I didn't mind I mean  a whole week and something has passed already, she was always around me, the fact that my touch doesn't affect her made it easier for me to interact and accept her into me life. Even though I was concious around her and sometimes I gave her the cold shoulder, I tried my best to not shut her out comp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter