Six: Project

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six:

 

How do you start a conversation via text with someone? Do you send a simple Hello? Or do you just get straight to the point?

 

For the past 3 hours Sojin couldn’t calm down. She returned from her classes distressed because of Mark. It was not only the fact that she was embarrassed as , because of what happened between them, but he was in all her other classes, he sat next to her to all of them. Lila was nowhere to be seen and she was stuck with a stranger with whom she made out on a party and he didn't die. He made her so confused. He kept on looking at her, those eyes, those brown eyes that kept so many secrets, she was sure his eyes were blueshe saw them but now they were the normal borwn that half the populatio has. He kept touching her, helping her with packing her stuff on her bag and the worst is that she was left all hot and bothered it was like he was setting her on fire and then he left her burning with no care. She also had a freaking project with him, and if it was not about her grades she wouldn't give a single . How was she going to survive?

That is why; she was pacing with her phone in her hand, in her living room, kitchen, bedroom and even her back yard trying to find a way to text Mark, without seeming like she was flirting or sounding desperate. Because she was not. She knew for starters that yes Mark indeed made her feel confused and all kind of emotions and it was only a week since they officially met each other. But she was sure she didn't have any feelings for him.

What does she write? How does she start? Does she write a simple Hello it’s me, when do you want to meet? She shook her head. No you don’t start a text like that. She sat on the couch looking at the ceiling a frustrated sigh leaving . Never mind she will just leave it be for now and enjoy the re-runs of Descendants of the Sun. Sojin thought and took the remote in her hands. While she was about to toss her phone away it buzzed.

“Ahhhhh” Sojin screamed surprised tossing her phone away and standing up.

She stared at her phone, afraid that Mark texted her first.

“Don’t be scared Sojin, for all you know it could be your mom!” She tried to calm herself. She came closer to the phone and picked it up facing the screen with one eye open and trembling hands. Ok you can do this. She reminded herself and unlocked her phone.

 

From Mom:

[Received 20:32]

Sweetie how are you? We don’t have great signal here in Cambodia, sorry we can’t Skype you, we’ll be back in Paris next month you’ll probably hear from us in flesh then!
Miss you and love you!

 

Sojin smiled at the text. She hadn’t contacted her parents in ages and she really missed them. Last time she saw them were three months ago ever since then they talked only via Skype or through phone calls and at some extreme cases like this one, only through texts.

To Mom:

 [Sent 20:35]

I’m doing great so far, probably I won’t fail any of my classes but who knows… I made a friend her name is Lila, she is really nice. Please contact me when you’ll be back in Paris I really miss you…

Love you too.

 

She sent a small text knowing that her parents missed her the same. She decided not to tell about Mark and what happened, because her parents would probably make her change cities and she didn’t want that, not until she finds out why Mark isn’t affected by her touch or why Lila isn’t affected by her touch either.

She sighed. Now what? She looked at Kuro and Kuro looked back at her.

“Let’s go for a walk buddy.” She smiled at the small puppy and went to grab the leash, her keys and a hoodie to protect her from the cold.

It was chilly outside, but it was comforting, especially now feeling so hot all the time. Mark’s face wouldn’t leave her mind. If she didn’t know any better she would say that she was crushing on Mark, but knowing her that isn’t it. His awfully handsome face, his sparkly eyes and plump lips that y jaw line and his blonde hair didn’t seem to know the exit of her head. She remembered the lips and automatically the kiss came in her mind. How much she loved the way he kissed her, it was y, no it was breathtaking. How she wished he kissed her again.

Wait what? No she shook her head she didn’t want him to kiss her again. But that didn’t mean she couldn’t imagine about his body, she actually didn’t remember his body from the party, because it was dark and she didn’t have time to check him out, but today, he was awfully hot, dressed in all black again and he did have a great body and man he did work out.

Those arms…

Suddenly Kuro barked.

Without her knowing, she was in front of the forest.

“Do you want to go explore?” She asked at Kuro and he barked once more. She took cautious steps because a) it was dark and she didn’t know where to step and b) She was scared. For some unexplained reasons she could see fairly well in the dark, she never told anyone that but she could always see better than any other normal human being. Well honestly speaking with her deadly touch and such she didn’t consider herself a normal human being from the very start. She could kill anyone, at any moment, seeing well in the dark was something she simply felt lucky that she could do.

She walked and walked Kuro happily walking to the front. The moon was shining brightly down on them and the forest seemed magical. It was quiet but Sojin didn't feel scared, she enjoyed the silence and the alone time. It helped her to clear her mind and get off stupid thougthts.  She came to a stop when she saw that in front of her was a waterfall surrounded by trees, like they wanted to keep the place a secret. It was beautiful, the moon shined beautifully, making the waterfall seem like it came out of some kind fairytail!

It was beautiful.

“WOW” She made a gaping sound with her voice. “How can a place like this exist and I didn’t know for so long.” She looked around her in awe. “Thank you Kuro for bringing me here.” She bent down to pet Kuro in the head with a smile. While she was occupied with Kuro a big black wolf was behind some trees watching her, his eyes icy blue. He turned around to leave, cause he knwe pretty well that if he stayed any longer he was going to do something stupid that he was going to regret later for sure. He looked at the girl one last time and turned around to leave, but it stepped in some kind of branch that made a snapping sound, loud enough to alert the girl and make her turn around.

I snapped my head over the direction the noise came from, many thoughts flooding my mind. Could that be some wild animal, I'm in the forest afterall?

“Who’s there?” I asked stupiditly like the thing from the other side was going to answer me. But for my surprise a figure made itself known; I took cautious step back, picking  Kuro to  my embrace in the process. I was looking around me for possible exits, but it was not that easy regarding the fact it was my first time in the woods and also I couldn't figure to whom that figure belonged. I was near the waterfall, any more step I would probably go into the water. The figure was out of the shadows enough for me to see, or at least recognise the form of it. It was not an animal figure but a male’s one. “Don’t come near me.” I shouted afraid for the worst case scenario. I was sure enough that I didn't want to die just yet.

I didn't move, afraid of falling to the water, but also because as soon as the male figure was hit by the moonlight I gasped in surprise.

 “Fancy meeting you here!” A husky, playful voice that filled my ears the whole week greeted me. It was him, him as in Mark.

Sojin couldn't believe her ears and eyes. How on earth was here? A breath I didn't know I was holding escaped my mouth and I literally let my body relax just for a bit. I simply took a step forward just to make sure that I wouldn't fall in the water. Still to shocked to talk to him, I simply stared at his flawless face. I don't know if it because I was feeling relieved that it was him and not some wild animal, but I could my body getting all those weird feelings that followed me the whole week.

Hotness and goosebumps.

“What you won’t talk to me now?” He asked again with a cocky smirk.

I snapped out of my thoughts opening my mouth to say something back.

"What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" I asked not letting my guard down.

Mark smirked.

“Maybe.”

Ok that was creepy.

She had a terrified expression to which Mark laughed.

He was messing with her.

"Pfff hahaha." He laughed like an idiot, but I was not amused one bit. "Ok ok jokes aside" He brought his hand to rub his neck, looking relaxed with a smile to his face. " I simply live around here and I wanted to take a stroll or something, I didn't expect to end up here."He gave me a quick excuse. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter