Two: Lost and Found

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two:

 

Why do you always have to take decisions that you are so sure that you are going to regret later? Why do you have to stick to those decisions even though you know it is so wrong?

No answer, another unanswered question.

I shook my head not wanting to answer that question or more likely, didn’t know what to answer to that question and just opened the door to my house and walked in. I pulled off my hood and let my hair free; it was so tiring sometimes to hide them all. I took off my shoes let my jacket somewhere next to me and went in the bathroom to remove my contacts, wash my face to freshen up after my long day and went to the kitchen to fix something to myself.

“Man I am hungry.” I talked to no one in particular as usual and tried to brainstorm anything to eat.

I opened the fridge ready to grab whatever was laying in there in order for me to eat and then relax before start doing whatever work I had for my classes.

I went with instant ramyun since I was really hungry and I couldn’t wait for anything else, even delivery. I let the water to boil and went to open the TV, the good thing about me house is that the living room and the kitchen is connected and thus I don’t have to walk from one room to another all the time. I opened the Netflix ready to watch whatever and as soon as I heard the water boiling I turned myself around grabbed the ramyun and put the water in it. I returned to the sofa with my ramyun in hand and watched whatever Netflix was playing.

3 hours later of doing absolutely nothing I decided to go upstairs in my room and start studying for Genetics. I opened my laptop and notebook and started writing down whatever I thought was useful, because the professor wanted a stupid essay for the thing we did on Saturday. Like hell that was easy!

THUD

I lifted my head from my book.

“What was that?” I asked to myself. I turned my head left and right pratically trying to ease myself that it's nothing. I gave it a few more seconds but I didn’t hear the same scratching noise or something falling down maybe as before. I shrug my shoulders not giving a second thought about the noise, cause I would probably scare myself and thus, I returned my attention back to my open laptop and textbooks. I even put my headphones on to distract myself but...

THUD, SCRATCH, SCRATCH

“OK, enough.” I stood up pushing my chair, I also grabbed something from my desc and simply went out of my bedroom, opening all the lights in the process .

“Whoever or whatever you are, you better leave because I am dangerous ok?” I tried to scare that thing off, by shouting behind my front door. Very clever of me I know.

But no that thing was persistent. Was it a drunk man?

SCRATCH, SCRATCH

It was coming from my front door.

I was a bit terrified, I looked down at my hands to see that I stupidily had grabbed the freaking highlighter, like hell, what was I suppposed to do with highlight the hell out of the thing that was outside? I mentally facepalmed myself and took a deeb breath I mean I can easily kill it if I want to.

Or maybe it was some kind of thief who wanted to steal me or murder me, or what if it is some crazy animal ready to eat me?

With those thoughts in mind, I harshly opened the door with a big swing, ready to attack  whatever that was out there.

I searched around full of panic and I saw no one. More likely, no one to hurt me or murder, or even to steal me. Just a small, black, cute liettle puppy who was looking me with a desperate look.  My hands that were ready to attack the intruder fell down to my hips together with the highlighter that fell down with a thud and scared the poor little black puppy and flinched to the noise.

A breath that I didn't know I was even holding was finally released from my mouth and finally I smiled a bit relieved that it was just a harmless creature and nothing else. I bent down to his level and reached to pet it on the head but then I decided otherwise afraid I might hurt the little one.

“Where you the one making all that noise?” I asked like it was going to answer me. I think I looked very stupid at that moment, talking to a dog, like it was going to respond.

It just titled his head to the side when he/she noticed me.

“Do you need a home little buddy?” I asked once more, now fully smiling that it was friendly enough to not eat me alive.

He kind of whined

“Ok! I exclaimed determined. "You are way too cute for your own good to be left out in this cold night." I stood up and made a motion with my hand. "Come inside little one.” It didn't move, well duh like hell it would understand me, so I tried to put him in with my foot afraid of what my touch was going to do to him.

The little puppy happily barked

“Why do I feel like he understands me?” I asked puzzled while scratching my head, before closing and locking the door behind me.

After putting some milk and water on some bowls and making a mental note to myself that tomorrow, I was going to bye a few necesities for the dog, I left it to wonder inside my house and to sniffle everywhere it could. I let it be for now, because I had a lot of work to do, I let my door open though so I could hear every noise it made because the least I wanted right now was some broken glasses or damaged furniture.

Soon it came inside my room and made itself comfortable to my bed.

“Oh no little one. Yours is somwhere in the house but not here.” I said and I got up to push it down from me bed.

He made a sound like a cry.

“Seriously you are going to do that?” I asked once more surprised with that little thing and looked it in the eyes. We had some kind of staring contest, but it turned it head down and I decided to speak again.

“Ok, before we find you were you are going to sleep and that is not my bed I am going to name you.” I said calmly

“But I want you to help me. Look I can’t touch you, so could you turn somehow and let me see your gender.” I pleaded, as if this little thing was going to do as I said. It’s not like it could understand me. A couple of minutes passed and when I decided to stand up planning a way in my head on how to touch it, without touching it. Just when i was about to grab my textbook, the puppy did the only thing I never expected to do. It turned around with the tongue out, like it was ready to play or something.

“Ok you either understand me or I am going crazy thinking that you actually do.” I said frozen (A/N Let it go let it goooo ok lame author’s joke) this time. The puppy didn’t change its position.

“Ok let’s see are you a boy or a girl?” I said while examining… him, ok I'm not good at this. I see something but are those balls or just some fair I just... maybe it's a boy.

“You are a boy aren’t you?” I asked unsure.

He barked

“WOW” I said wide eyed. "Then it's settled you are a boy."

“How should I name you?” I asked once more thinking of possible names. “How about… Kuro? I mean you are black and I like Japanese stuff so?” I asked once more

The puppy stood up barking happily.

“Ok Kuro welcome to the family.” I said smiling a bit.

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter