Fourteen: Rejection

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourteen: 

Mark was sweating like he was a freaking river, he was breathing hard and he felt like his life was out of him. He hated this empty feeling that had for the past two weeks settled in his stomach! He hated how he couldn't find and feel their link with Sojin at all! He hated how torturous her absense made him feel! He needed her here, but she wasn't here. He felt like he was losing his mind everyday, a part of himself was here but another part was long gone, gone with her to wherever she was. He wanted to scream, his wolf was to tired to take over and help him with the pain! It was too much for the both of them. Mark couldn't take all the torture of being away from her, while his wolf couldn't take the rejection! It was their weakness.

She didn't exactly reject him, to do that both parties should feel the same and will have to reject each other at the same time by saying each other's names and then cutting their flesh.The dropped blood on the floor represents their bond, while it connects down there, it breaks the bond. She didn't exactly reject him but she did broke his heart but the pain was less than rejection's.

He tore off the blouse, showing his sweaty abs since it was already drench from his sweat, he panted hard like he run out of breath, only by moving just a tiny bit, he felt drained, he ruffled his hair and sighed. How much longer did he have to go through this pain? How much longer could he keep himself together? How much longer would he have to wait? Why to him? The moment he found her, he had to lose her before even saying what he had to say, share what he wanted to share!

He felt like a loser.

A soft knock interrupted his disturbed thoughts! A blonde Jackson came in the room with a tray of food Kuro trailing behind him clueless of the other person's condition.

"Hey, I brought food." Jackson said soflty, he read somewhere once that he shouldn't intregue wolves who had been or where about to be rejected because they would go ballistic. He saw it happen sometimes and right now Mark wasn't in a great condition. Mark didn't even bother to talk to him, he just stared ahead of him, not caring that Kuro came and settled next to him, like he did so many times.

Jackson left the food in his desk and took the previous untouched tray of food. He wanted to comment so many things but he knew that if he did Mark would snap out of it. The least he wanted right now was a fight to break loose just because he did a wrong move, he didn't want to fight Mark, or make him feel guilty for doing something in order to make himself feel better, he also knew that fighting wasn't going to solve their current problem. Just where was Sojin?  He sighed and went to the door to leave.

"Jackson." A hoarse voice called him, due to not being used for so long. It was not only that Mark didn't eat or drink anything, he also didn't sleep and talked. He was like a corspe, like a zompie. Mark looked Jackson with the most pained and desperate eyes. "I feel like dying without her." A tear escaped his eye.

Jackson left the tray behind him and walked to Mark. He patted him on the shoulder gently.

"I don't know what to do or what to say, but do me a favor and eat, you need to feel stronger! I have a feeling that she will come back so you don't want her to see you like this right?" Jackson looked him in the eyes pleadingly, on the other hand Mark's eyes were empty while Jackson's held so many emotions. He stood up knowing that he couldn't do anything more than that. Before he left he called for Kuro.

"Hey creepy dog are you coming?" Jackson used his new name to call Kuro over. The dog growled expressing his dislike in the new name of his, or maybe hers no one knew for sure anymore. Jackson shrugged not wanting to talk to the dog again and left the room with a sigh.

---

My head was about to burst from the new information.

Ok for starters I am a fairy, I come from two different clans, I am a protector, I have powers and  I have a mate. What else is there to make things more complicated?

"Do you want to rest and continue this some other time?" My dad asked me concerned.

I shook my head,"No, I want to know everything now, I don't know when I'll be able to hear it again or when I'll have the strength to listen to everything you say to me." I answered looking them in the eyes. Both my parents nodded knowing how I felt.

"Fine, what do you want to know first? Mates? More information about your abilities? How to take down the hunters?" My dad asked me a few questions.

I thought about it. "Mates." Answered seriously knowing well that I wanted to start from the most simple ones. My mom smiled, while my dad sighed.

"It would be better to take over on this one." My mom commented softly. I smiled because I was expecting an overly cheesy explanation. She cleared .

"Every single creature like us or any other mythical creature, have a mate." My mom started smoothly. "90% of the time it is from the same kind, but another 10% comes from different kinds. Like you. You are not going to mate with someone from your kind because there aren't any survivors from what ... happened, or at least any that I know of." She said softly and slowly." You are mostly to mate with another creature." She smiled at that one like she knew something that I didn't know. "We have pros and cons on this one." She cleared again and paused. I waited patiently.

What is so hard to tell me that she has to stop? I thought to myself.

"Ok first of all meeting your mate is going to make you stronger, unlock another part of your powers or even yourself. You don't know when it will happen, or how it will hapen but when it does you'll understand it." She smiled at me. "What do I mean? You will know that that male you laid your eyes on, is your mate because his image voice and smell, everything is going to be inprinted in your mind forever, you will also feel a pull in your chest or more likely a link that is going to make you linked with that person, if you are connected with your mate, then you will know when he will be near, or how he feels, most of the time at least. If you can feel that, then it means that you probably moved with your relationship and you probably aknowledged each other's feelings." She looked at me. "Which means that you can feel him everytime, anywhere, no matter how long the distance is, if you two have pure feelings then you can feel him and he can feels you."

That is why I can't feell Mark. Wait what? Mark is not my mate? But why is his face, smell and even voice in my head 24/7?

"The most interesting part about mates is that they complete each other perfectly, they don't have to even explain how they feel or what they think,, the other partner already knows how he/she feels." My mom snapped me out of my thoughts and gave me a soft smile that I returned with much difficulty. "Those are some of the pros of having a mate in general." She paused and gave me a mischievous smile. "I'm going to explain the pros is having another male who is not from your kind. First of all you are going to be stronger because you will be different, he is going to give you some part of himself in the premating face and that means, in your blood except from your abilities you will also hold some abilities or strengths from your mate. Any questions so far?" My mom asked like she knew that it got complicated in this part.

"First of all, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter