Seventeen: Healing

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventeen:

"Can I ask you a question?" Mark whispered while gazing into Sojin's eyes.

She returned the look that was so full οf love and waited patiently for Mark to continue whatever he had on mind.

They had woken hours ago, the house still quiet, since it was the very early hours in the morning. They enjoyed the silence and privateness, mostly because Mark was fully healed. His emotional pain was long gone, his wolf was back to being healthy and he finally felt at peace, no more chasing, no more running, finally they were together. He was so glad, Sojin is here and is next to him. He is not afraid of her running away anymore, she declared her love so many times he couldn't be any more glad! He wished they stay so much in love forever, him and his mate.

They gazed at each others eyes half telling the things they couldn't tell outloud and half wanting to capture each other's face and keep it on their memories forever, since they missed each other so much... It was a stupid action to do, Sojin knew the moment she left Seoul, it was stupid of her and on toop of that she rejected Mark too, because she was scared of kiling him. She kept missing him terribly all day, everyday and she couldn't make his voice, face, moments she shared with him, leave her mind... Now that she was here with him she didn't want to leave ever again. If this is what having a mate feels like she never wants to leave... She felt so safe into his emprace, so full like they were meant for each other! They were perfect that way!!

He took a deep breath, like he was rethinking if he should ask me or not. I waited patiently for him to continue with whatever was on his mind, all kind of scenarios flashing by.

"Why did you leave me?" He finally asked, sadness reflecting in his eyes! He wanted to avoid that question but he couldn't anymore. They have been talking nonstop the past few hours learning new things about each other and he wanted a closure on this matter. He wanted to know her reason on why she left him without a notice.

To say I didn't expect this question would be a lie. I know that I have to give him the explanation I own him, so why not now?

I exhaled softly the breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Well... this is going to be one of a hell kind of explanation..." I stopped, in order to gather my thoughts and finally say the most shocking truth ever, ok ok I know I'm just being dramatic here but oh well. "I..." How do you break him the news that I'm atually lethal. "The reason on why I left you was because, I'm dangerous, like, uh, lethal dangerous and I, uh, I... just." Words felt so difficult to pronounce, how can I simply tell him what I am without making him freak out, Mark felt my anxiousness and hugged me tighter.

"Shhh it's ok you can tell me some other time. Sorry for asking" Mark said softly.

I shook my head. "No, I want to come clean and I'm going to say it in front of everyone, they need to know the truth and you need to know who and what I am before something worse happens to you." I rubbed his cheek in a loving manner. "It's my fault this happened to you right?" My voice trempling and a tear leaving my right eye. I felt so bad for what I did, I hurt Mark and I made everyone worry, the least I can do is explain to all of them what happened.

Mark hugged me tighter into his emprace. "Please baby, please don't cry." Mark repeated softly his words again and again and again. Thought the more he hugged m,e the more his injuries hurt they were still opened and unhealed well he got shot 5 times with wolfsbane he is not going to heal overnight plus his bad shape didn't help in the most crucial hours.

Suddenly the door was opened with force interrupting our seet moment. Jackson's head together with the pack doctor popped in first and then the others followed. They heard whispers coming from Mark's room, thanks to their perfect hearing, plus his heartbeat wa back to normal that showed signals that he was awake and pretty much alive.

"MARK" Jackson shouted, forgetting temporarilly that Mark was badly injured and not in the mood for his shouts.

Mark rolled his eyes, while a soft giggle excaped my mouth. He groaned pulling the covers over his face. Something in between the line of "hate this" escaped his mouth.

Jackson came closer, pulling the covers down from Mark's face and then shouted. "Thank God." He was almost teary eyed.

Mark groaned once more. "Dude shut up." His hoarse voice greeted them, making them breathe in relief.

"You are alive, you are alive." He kept shouting bringing Mark into a hug. "Thank you, thank you." A tear left Jackson's eye. "Our Markie pooh is alive." He let go and turned toward the others. "Everyone, he is alive." He then gave everyone a funny look that pretty much showed how everyone felt seeing their alpha being alive and sound.

Mark shoved him away as soft as he could, for or an irrritated and hurt wolf that he was, he could still shove hard. He then tried to stand properly on the bed, I know how much he struggled not to wince due to the grimaces he did with his face, seeing that I helped him with the pillows putting them behind his back and then helping him to ease his self on them without wincing from the pain so much.

The doctor shoved everyone away in order to examine Mark, without stupid interaptions. I was the last one to leave the room, hopping of the bed, I gave Mark one last smile and walked away from them. Closing the door behind me I could feel the stares of the others on my back, taking a deep breath I turned around to finally face them.

"Is he ok?" Jaebum asked serious. Well all of them were hostile towards me and I can't really blame them I did leave their alpha, on top of that I rejected him leading him to a certain death. Therefore I expected this kind of behavior.

I didn't dare to look them in the eyes afraid of what I was going to see reflecting on them. "He seemed pretty much ok but his injuries do hurt and they are still open." I replied softly.

Everyone sighed. "At least he woke up." Jaebum said once more the coldness in his word could be sensed and I didn't mind one bit, I deserved it. The rest nodded their heads and stayed just outside of the door. I decided it was better if I was not sitted close to them, especially right now. Their alpha and dear friend, almost died yesterday and I'm partially at fault for it, the least I can do is to not be a nuisance to them or someone annoying, I know my presence is enough to pull some nerves judging from Jaebum's previous answers and I bet the rest feel the same, so I didn't try any further conversation.

As I was about to head to the kitchen to drink some water, or to avoid the tense in the air, the door flew open and the doctor walked out. Immediatelly he was cyrcled by the pack and he asked a ton of questions.

"How is he?"

"Is he ok?"

"How---

"One at a time please!!" The doctor said feeling suffocated by the questions.

Jaebum took the lead. "How is he?" He asked carefully, expecting a positive answer from him.

"He is better than yesterday, that is a fact." The doctor said with confidence. "He is emotionally better, his wolf is fully healed, but his physical injuries are bad and he had lost a lot of weight that I'm sure it's not only from yesterday, but for a while now." He gave them a knowing look, while I averted my eyes anywhere but him, I felt guilty for what happened. "Anyway, he needs a lot of time to heal. I recomend a lot of rest and well cooked meals full of nutritients." He passed Jaebum a paper listing all the things that Mark had to do in order to recover. "Also, his mate being here is going to be a lot helpful too." He commented giving me a knowing look, while I blushed embarrassingly.

"Bu his woods are going to take a lot of time to heal." He added with seriousness. "He got shot by 5 bullets full of wolfsbane he is going to need some time for his organs to heal, let's say he is healing faster then a human, but slower than a wolf." He gave a smile to reassure us that it was not as serious as yesterday and I actually felt relieved Mark was getting better. As the doctor said, he is going to need a lot of rest, well cooked meals and time. We can all give him that.

"How long will it take for him to fuction properly, again?" Jinyoung asked this time.

"That would be maybe 2 weeks time. by then all his injuries are going to be healed and he is going to be fine." The doctor answered once more, like he was giving an interview. Everyone felt relieved. Their alpha was badly hurt but he was recovering just fine.

"For now he should stay in bed and not move a lot, I'll come soon to see how he is going. If he is in any form of pain give him these painkillers." He shoved a plastic bottle in Jaebum with big pills. "Make sure h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter