001.

More To This, More To Us

 She stares at her own reflection in the full length mirror. She sees a elegant girl standing tall and proud in a simple midnight blue floor length gown. She sees a elegant girl, a girl any parents would be proud of, but why can't she see herself in her own reflection. She lets out a short humorless laugh, this wasn't for herself, it was for the family buisness, a buisness that has been handed down from her great grandfather. The buisness can't end here, HwangKorea can't end here. A knock from the door resounds in the dressing room. K straightens her dress out and opens the door, revealing her father's personal assistant, Kibum, a young man in his mid 20s. 

"Ms. Hwang, the party has begun." he informs me.

She nods her head and takes a deep breath.

"Let's go Kibum." she flashes him a small but cute smile and exits the dressing room. "So Kbum, do you know who my fiancé to be is?"

"Yes Miss, his name is Kim Myungsoo, heir to Aritia."

"Aritia?" she exclaims, as she turns around to face the assistant, "Like the Aritia?" 

"Yes Miss." the heiress looks at the older male, mouth hanging open.

"Oh my god, how? How did my father get an alliance with them?" 

"Oh no he didn't, he was going to get an alliance with the Park's or the Lee's but then the Kim's came to us and proposed this." Kibum clarifies.

"They proposed this?" she asked again, confused on why some big time company would propose this to a small company.

The older male once again nods. The younger lets out another breath.

"Well, let's go."

As they enter the ball room where the engagement was held, cameras and buisness men greeted them. Questions and congratulations were thrown at her. She politely thanks those who were congratulating her and flashes a smile to the reporters. K quickly makes way through the crowd with her father's assistant tailing behind her. The assistant then leads her to a round table near the front of the stage. At the table was her parents and another couple who she assumed were the Kims.

"Ah Suyeon you're here." her father greets.

"Yes, good evening father." she says as she bows to the elders. She then gives her mother a hug and bows again to the other couple.

"Hello Suyeon, I'm Kim Minsoo, and this is my wife Kim Nami." Mr.Kim introduces himself.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Kim, I'm Hwang Suyeon." she informs elder with a small smile, though he knew her name.

"Oh Hwang,I am sorry, my son, he's always late..." Mr.Kim apologizes to her father on behalf of his son.

"Oh no, no, it's fine, Suyeon actually always late, I'm quite suprised she's early this time, so it's totally fine."

"Dad!" I looked at him in disbelief. "Mom! Dad is bullying me!"

Her mother breaks into a smile, "you two, don't be childish, behave!" the mother faked a scoff.

A series of chuckle is heard from across the table, "ahh Nami, look at them, so close and warm, so unlike Myungsoo and us. That kid barley comes home these days."

"My kid is like that too, disappears at night and reappears in the morning. I doubt she even sleeps at ho-"

"Oh my god, dad! Shut up! You're giving me a really bad image!" the young girl whines.

"Oh but I'm just stating the truth, and get over yourself, what image? The photo kind?" Ki's father continues to . She replies by glaring at her father, childishly.

"Tsk, yah, you two, and what image are you forming  by being childish?" the mother sighed.

"Oh mother, you won't get it, it's kind of like an inside joke. Anyway, where's Jihun? He's the one that's always late, not me." Ki quickly changed the topic after insulting her mother.

"Where is you brother?" 

"Wasupp! Hi Mr.Kim, evening Mrs.Kim. Yo mom, oi dad." Ki's younger brother, Jihun walked around the table to his seat. He sat to the right of his sister. The moment he plopped down his sister slapped the back of his head.

"Yah, kiddo, what are you saying, what is this respect, where's your respect for your elders? Wasup? Hi? Yo? Oi?!? And how dare you don't greet your sister! And look at the time, you are 13 minutes late, you're a CEO to be idiot, time is precious." his sister roasted him with everything she could.

The younger brother stood up and went over to hide behind his parents, "mom, dad, Suyeon noona is going crazy again." her brother acted like he was horrified, purposely firing his sister up.

"Suyeon? Yah, how many times did I tell you, you can only call me K." 

"Kay K." he continued to toy with his older sister. K stood up and walked as quickly as she could in 3 inch heels.

"Eeeeeek." her brother ran behind the Kims.

"You! Just wait until I get my hands on you, you're so dead!" she shouted as they ran across the event room.

"Noona you're so slow, and you're only wearing 3 inch heels. My friends can run faster than you in 5 inches." he shouted.

She was so ready to murder her brother, she didn't care what event this was, engagement, buffet, buisness gathering or not! Her brother then ran outside the room the event was held in and ran towards a black Porsche.

"Ahhh Myungsoo hyung! Please save me from your fiancée!" Jihun screamed like a maniac. 

The said male turned around and came face to face with the one he loved. 

"Suyeon." he said with his signature smile.

"L-L?" she stopped dead in her tracks. He is Myungsoo, L is Myungsoo, no, it's just a coincidence. 

All the information ran through her head, the pieces came together like a puzzle. "If you are going to stand your ground then marry me. I'll provide the funds." 

"Y-you're Myungsoo? The Kim Myungsoo?" she asked bewildered.

"The one and only." he replied, still smiling.

"Oh my god, oh my god, what the ..." she cursed as she turned and ran back to the ball room in the hotel. She wasn't going to let this happen, she can't tie down a friend like this. 

The moment she saw her father she immediately said, "father, call this engagement off. I am not marrying Kim Myungsoo." her tone said everything, her decision was final.

A gasp escaped  Mrs. Kim's lips.

"No you're not, you can't at this point. If you do you're not only going to embarass yourself and your family." an authoritative voice sounded from behind Suyeon.

"You-!" she pointed one finger at him.

"Don't challenge me. Hwang Suyeon, know your place because I am capable of making your company go bankrupt."

"You won't dare." she challenged.

"Would I? I am sure you know I would, so don't try me." he raised a brow as he pulled out his phone.

"I can't believe you're actually like this, I'm glad there wasn't a us." she spat before walking away. 

Myungsoo stiffened at her comment, "I 'm glad there wasn't a us.".

He lets out a hollow laugh, before turning around and following the girl he loves.

 

 

 

►►►►

 

 

 "Suyeon, Suyeon..." he calls out as she walks out the front lobby of the hotel.

"Go away L, or should I say Myungsoo." and not once did she turn around

"Hwang Suyeon! Stop right there, or else..." he warned.

"Or else what? You're gunna bankrupt my family buisness? You're gunna punish me? Huh?"

He lets out a soft sigh, "Suyeon don't be like this." his tone was soft, like he was talking to a kid.

"Don't treat me that way." she once again spat.

"What way?"

"Don't baby me." she replied.

"I- K please don't be like this."

"Like what? A child? Or what? You're gunna bankrupt me? I'm embarassing myself? Give me a break, I need some time." and with that she walks further away from the lobby of the hotel, towards the seawall by the hotel.

Myungsoo watches her from a far, taking a step for every few she took.

"Go away L, leave me alone." she says as she leans against the glass railing.

"It's dangerous for a lady to walk alone at night." he stated.

"I didn't me now, I meant this whole deal, stop the engagement, don't do this, I'm not worth it. I know we're good friends but friends don't marry each other because the other needs money. It just doesn't work that way." 

"Friends don't but-" Myungsoo is cut of by an incoming call. "Yes, yes, we'll come back now." 

"I'll talk to you about this later."

'Later' she thought, 'I'll make sure there's no later.'.

 

 

►►►►

 

 

"Today our heir for Aritia and heiress for HwangKorea is getting engaged!" the MC's voice fills the rather large room. "July 2nd sets their engagement date. Now lets get this party started!"

With that the introduction was over, a few people walked over to the couple and congratulaed them before walking away to enjoy the buffet or chat.

"Oh my god, if this is our engagement then what is the wedding going to look like?" the heiress mummbled. The man beside her who heard it just smiled at her comment.

Slowly as the night wore away the girl snuck out, left. She packed a few important things like her clothes and appliances before driving to a place she doesn't want to go, his apartment. 

The moment she  got there she ran around his apartment getting the belonging she needs and sprinted out the door again. 

She leaned against the elevator as it went down to the underground parking. She quickly slips out and makes way to her car when a black Porsche pulls up next to her white Acura. Oh dear.

"Suyeon, where were you? Everyone was worried about you!" 

"Everyone as in you?" she mutters as she slammed her car trunk shut. 

He grabs onto her arm as she reaches to open her car door, "where are you going?" he asked concerned.

"No where near you." she sarcastically remarks.

"Hwang Suy-"

"Hwang Suyeon just died, starting now, There is no longer a Hwang Suyeon or a Ki Hwang. I am K and I am gone." she pushes him away as she boards her car. Her car backs up before driving out of the parking lot.

"Hwang Suyeon, I don't care what you say, you're mine and I'm doing this not because I'm a friend, because you're mine and no one else's." he whispers into the air.

 

 

 

 

 

►►►►

Am I confusing you? 

So Hwang Suyeon = Ki Hwang = K Hwang 

Suyeon is her Korean name, aka birth name.

Ki is her English, and K is a shorter form....

I'm sorry for not updating, but I was like gaming...and my arm hurts ;(

Plus my keyboard clicks a lot and it's so loud, so I don't really update at night (it's 11:38pm rn, what a liar, but my arm actually hurts, I'm dying...)

I need to close my bedroom window cus it's raining (it stopped?) and it's cold.

Laters guys! Comments are very appriciated. I'll try not to be fat and update more! 

Night night~