002.

More To This, More To Us

"Father!" screamed the young lady. She had tried to go to a diffrent province a few days earlier but her father's men had found her and forced her back.

"Ah Suyeon ah..." he sighed as his daughter walked into the house (more like mansion) screaming during dinner.

"I thought I said I am not getting engaged or marrying him!" she complained.

"Suyeon-ah, I know, I know what you said, but I can't, we can't call off this marriage anymore. They have too much influence for us to go against." he tried to reason with his daughter.

"Fa-" 

"Suyeon, thta's enough, go to your room." her mother cut her off in a stern tone she rarley uses.

At this moment her brother walks through the front door, and he cheerfully greets his parents and sister, "I'm home! Oh, noona you're home!" 

"Yeah, I'm home, wish I wasn't though." she spat, taking out her anger on her innocent brother. Her brother just stands in the foyer of the house, watching his retreating sister with a suprised expression.

"Did I say or do something wrong?" he asked his parents after his sister disappeared up the stairs.

His mother just shakes her head, "she's still going on about the marriage with the Kim's. She better than anyone should know how much power they have in the buisness world." 

"Mmmm, I'll talk to her if I get the chance then." Jihun casually announces as he sits himself down for dinner.

Dinner passes by quietly, and soon the Hwang's house falls dark, only the bright lights of Seoul lighting up their spacious house. From the darkness appears a frustrated girl. She shuffles to the kitchen and opens the metallic fridge searching for nothing in particular. Sighing she grabs a can of beer and walks out the back door of the house. She sits herself on the bench swing in her backyard. Cracking her cold beer open she takes a sip of the cool amber liquid. She sits alone, enjoying the early autumn breeze. Her moment of silence is then disturbed by her younger sibling.

"Noona." he breaths out as he cracks open his own amber liquid.

"Jihun-ah, am I being selfish right now? I am aren't I?"

"No, no you aren't noona. But you're putting father in a tight position. We don't know what happen between you and hyung, but the family buisness is on the line. This is what you wanted wasn't it? Fundings."

"Don't put it that way, it makes me sound like a money , but yeah, it is what I wanted." she crinkled her nose at him and took a sip of her drink. "Wanna hear something?" she asked her brother.

He hummed in response, curious of what his sister might tell him. "Once upon a time I made a friend, and yes I do have friends so please shut up and listen. We were really close, and one day we made a decision we can't undo, we became friends with benefits. I guess it didn't turn out well now that the family buisness is, ya know, needing money." 

Her brother raised a brow at her, "I took you as the type, looks badass but is innocent. Guess not." 

She cracked a small smile upon hearing this. "This friend, he's your precious hyung." 

"Yeah, I know, he told me once. About a girl he liked. A girl that he treasured. But one day he took the wrong step, and he didn't know how to fix it..." 

"I guess things get messy when stuff like this happens...."

"Noona, what is your problem then? What's wrong with marrying your best friend?"

"I suppose for others it would be fine, but for me everything. I can't tie my best friend down like this. I would want him to find happiness, the kind he deserves, with the one he truly loves."

"What if you're the one he truly love?" her brother dropped the bomb.

"Don't kid me, I will never be the one he likes and neither will he be the one for me." 

"Will you? How do you know you aren't?" a third voice responds her. She whips her head around to face the newcomer.

"Kim Myungsoo, what are you doing here?" she asks through clenched teeth.

"I called him here. Noona, it's time you had a talk with him. Please do this for me, for mother, for father, for the family buisness. Please noona, just hear what hyung has to say." her prideful younger brother begs. Hearing her brother beg was rare, this issue was that important to him.

"Fine." she huffs as she falls back onto the bench swing.

Her brother walks away with one final nod towards her fiancé.

"Say what you have to say and leave." she immediately spat after she hears the faint sound of a door closing. She knows very well that her brother would be watching from his bedroom that faced the yard.

"I-" the man stops to think about what he should say. "You say I would never like you right? Maybe you're right, because I don't like you, I love you. Hwang Suyeon, I love you. I don't know when I started loving you but I know for a fact I love you. And it's not because of this marriage, infact, this marriage happened because I love you. Indeed friends don't go this far for other friends, but as a man that loves a woman, I think I could go further."

"Love, what is love? Is this actually love you feel? Not pity?" 

"Yes, I'm sure. I could propose to you right now." 

"Pft proposal comes before engagement."

"It does, but engagement comes after proposal, and proposal comes with a ring." he countered, getting down on one knee. "Hwang Suyeon, I know how you feel now, and I know why you are refusing this, and they shouldn't be anything that stops this marriage for I love you and I am doing this because I love you."  

He pulls out a dark red, velvet box from his pocket. "God you don't even know how long I had this for, I bought this so long ago. It wasn't meant for a wedding proposal but it would work, cause it serves the same purpose, to tie you down, to make you mine. Hwang Suyeon, will you marry me, Kim Myungsoo your best friend?"

She stares at him with hard eyes. "Is that the ring you always out on me when you think I'm asleep?" 

A blush makes way to his face fast, his eyes widen, "hu-huh? I-uh w-wh-what? Y-y-ou k-kn-e-w?" he stutters, mortified.

"Yeah." she bluntly replies.

He clears his throat, "well since you knew, yes, yes it is, so you should know how long I had this for."

"Myungsoo," her voice softens, "you don't have to do this you know. I mean it, it's not worth it, I'm not worth it, you can withdraw from this now, it's not too late." 

"What part of this did you not get?" he asks in disbelief. "I ing love you, what don't you get? What do I need to do to get you to understand I truly love you? Do I need to be like Justin? Do I need to do this whole show to tel-"

"Don't mention him. Don't make it sound like he commited some kind of crime." she quickly defended her first love, "it was an arranged marriage, we all knew it was going to happen. He loved me too, don't make him sound like he was playing with me." 

"Suyeon, that's not what I meant-" 

"Shut up and leave, we had a talk, it didn't work out, so withdraw from this, stop this marriage, now." she stated then turned her back and started to walk to her house. 

"So this is it huh? This is all I'll be. Your friend with benefit, why can't you ever love me? Why can't you ever see me? I was always by your side but you always act like I'm not there. Why?" he finally broke, tears streamed down his face as he shouted to her.

She stopped dead in her tracks, "once upon a time I loved someone and I had asked the same question, why can't you ever look at me? I was always there for him, but all he did was play around and in the end I somehow made way into his world and he played with me too. In the end I was only a doll. I was used by him, by you." she had nothing more to say, if he thought she never looked at him he was wrong. She noticed him, but  he never noticed her, he noticed too late. "My first love wasn't Justin, it was you Myungsoo, it was always you. And I, myself knew, but you never did because you never noticed me, and you never would've if our benefit didn't happen. You don't love me, you just want to own me." 

"Su-" 

"Don't call me that, it's not a name you're allowed to call. And I, from now on, will only call you L."

"Why, why can't I call you Suyeon?"  

"Because you don't deserve the privilage, you hid the truth for so long. All along I thought you were someone that can be my secret haven, but I guess I was wrong. You're one good actor L. I was fooled by your act, but I will no longer fall for it." 

Tears stream down his face as she got further and further, she was so close yet he can't reach her. 

 

 

►►►►

Hohoho, how do you like this? I'm repeating one point soooo much it bothers me -.-

God my shoulder hurts, it hurts for me to type ;_; what do I dooooo? Guess I should stop gaming....I'm not suppose to, said my physiotherapist, but rolfffff.

Sigh, I'm bull-ing, I lost inspriation.... I have a bunch of books to read and they're over due soon...

I'll continue this story as best as I could, I'll probably update this every 2 days, but summer school is starting for me so I don't even know....

Comment guys! It makes me happy. It really does.