Epilogue: The Proposal

More To This, More To Us

I run out of the house in a midnight and white stripped t-shirt paired with a matching midnight blue skirt. I sprint to the bus stop in my white converse. Myungsoo had texted me half way through dinner asking to meet at Cheonggyecheon Stream before midnight. I would be late if I take the bus now. I quickly loosen the drawstring of my bucket bag and pull out my cell phone. I dial the number for the taxi company asking for a taxi. The taxi pulls up after around 3 minutes and I tell him the destination. I huff in relief now that I was on my way. 

I arrive at the stream almost 5 minutes late. I call Myungsoo as I walked mid stream, to where he asked to meet. He doesn't pick up the phone and I quicken my pace, not wanting to be any later. At mid stream I spot a figure standing on the cement slabs in the water, I call out his name and he turns, nearly falling into the water. I giggle and so do the people around. He steps off the squares of cement and onto the solid ground as I reached him. He holds his hand out for me to grab and he leads me to the spot he was previously in, in the middle of the stream. I give him a questioning look as he waved his hand to someone behind me. I turn just as the lights above flicker on. I gasp when I see the string of light hanging in mid air. I turn back to him as he got on one knee. 

"Hwang Suyeon. We've been through a lot, and I want us to be more, more than what we ever thought we could be. This is something I wanted since the day I've met you and I guess we've all changed since then but there is one thing that will never change, our love. I know you're going to tease me about how bad this proposal speech is, ha is that what they call it? Will you marry me? Will you marry me even if my speech was bad?" he rubs his nape as he pulls out the velvet box with the ring. "I know that we're kinda engaged but I wanted to do things the proper way...." he laughs nervously. 

A sincre smile is plagued on my face, a whole hearted laugh is heared from me. "Yes, Kim Myungsoo, yes. I will marry you, you stupid idiot, this is amazing." 

"Really?" he asks, his eyes reflecting a gleam of light. I can't tell if he was asking me if I was really going to marry him or if I really thought this was amazing.

"Yes. I don't even know if you're asking me if I would really marry you or if this is amazing, but yes!" she laughs as he plucks the ring from its box and slips the platnium band onto my hand. The ring was adorned with small diamonds, simple but elegant at the same time, just the way I liked it. 

"This might not be what you wanted, or maybe it's too simple, but I this reminded me of you. I'm sorry it's not the most expensive ring but-" he was cut off by me kissing his lips. Hollers were heard around us

"Thank you, it's beautiful. I love it, almost as much as I love you!" I tell him as I push him into the water. He drags me in and pulls me for a kiss. The two of us were mostly soaked but we were still laughing and smiling. We splash water at those who were watching and soon it turns into a mini water fight in the Cheonggyecheon Stream. We quietly creep out of the house after picking up our son from my younger brother. The 3 of us drives off to our apartment in the middle of the city. 

We settle in after a shower, our son sleeping peacefully in his crib. Myungsoo spoons me after we properly settle into bed. He mutters a 'love you' and kisses my temple as we drift into dreamland. 

 

 

 

 

dun dun dun...

.......

idk why i wrote dun dun dun. Anyways, this was short but there might be more, probably. So sweet, makes me want to get a life and sleep. 

Night night guys, my arm hurts.  I'm still debating if I should post this or make you guys wait and comment. HAHAHAHA jk, I'm being crazy, anyways I'll post this and sleep, "sleep" 

See you in the next Epilogue?

 

♥♥♥♥