Relief

I Got Caught

It is almost midnight, and Tiffany hasn't left her bedroom since she had her last breakdown with her girlfriend. Underneath the darkness, Tiffany's beautiful eyes shed sad tears.

Was she feeling hurt? Jealous? Betrayed?

She was probably feeling all of that. She felt hurt because of the way Taeyeon looks at Juniel while they talk. She felt jealous of the way Taeyeon touched Juniels hand without hesitation. She felt betrayed because Taeyeon was seeing another girl, a girl who like her to be exact, even if she's already dating someone.

While Taeyeon on the other hand, is waiting for the right time to explain everything to Tiffany. She's still watching her favorite cartoon on the tv, Spongebob. Taeyeon took a glance on the wall clock, yes, it's almost midnight. She's positive that Tiffany is still awake, and probably calmed down.

She turned off the tv, stood up and proceeded to Tiffany's room. She knocked twice quietly first before opening the door.

There she saw her girlfriend's back. The room is dark, but was only illuminated by the moonlight. It's beautiful; the the moon focuses on the girl who's lying down on the bed.

Taeyeon didn't know if Tiffany is asleep or not, she thought that her guess was wrong. So instead, she walked towards the bed and sat on the side.

"Hey.." Taeyeon said "I don't know if you're asleep or not...I kinda have a feeling that you're still awake somehow" she said and let out a fake laugh followed by a sigh "I know you were pretty upset when I got home. Yeah, I ate dinner with Juniel. And you were there, weren't you?" Taeyeon asked, hoping for an answer, but she gets nothing. "Sunny told me so" she added. "Anyways, the main reason why I am here is to explain. I know what you saw, and it's not what you think it is. I wasn't looking at her nor holding her hand in a romantic way. She was encouraging me to start over with you." she said, feeling so sad in all of a sudden. "At first, I told her that it wouldn't be easy. But she told me that I should not give up on you since you never gave up on me from the very start." "That is why I looked at her that way and held her hand, I was thanking her. I was thanking her for waking up all my senses" Taeyeon said, suddenly feeling confident when she remembered what Juniel told her. "I know I loved you so much. And I am willing to do everything to fall inlove with you again. Because you never gave up on me, it's my turn to return the favor" Taeyeon said and layed beside Tiffany then hugged her from behind. "We both know that it wouldn't be easy, but can you please bear with me, and we'll work this all out?"

Tiffany, who was silently crying from Taeyeon's explanation suddenly turned around to face Taeyeon and hug her back before bursting into tears. "shh..it's okay" Taeyeon assured while running her hand on Tiffany's soft hair.

"I...missed...you" Tiffany said, her voice broke as she speak. She hugged Taeyeon tighter and buried her face on her girlfriend's chest.

"I know" Taeyeon answered.

"I love you" Tiffany said, she was hoping for a response, but she got nothing.

"Soon, Tiffany" Taeyeon answered before kissing the latter's head. "We'll get there soon."

***

Morning came and Sunny was the first one to wake up. She was scrolling through her phone's gallery while drinking a cup of aromatic coffee. While scrolling, she suddenly saw a picture of the three of them; her, Taeyeon and Tiffany. She felt sad because things things weren't the same as before, ever since the incident in Hawaii happened.

Tiffany used to be a cheerful and energetic person, but she changed because of what she been through. She became quiet and likes to isolate herself at times. The girls didn't like this change. They want the happy Tiffany back.

Sunny heard the sound of the door and Tiffany walked out. Sunny pressed her phone's home button and locked it before placing it face down. "Good morning mushroom" she said with the cup of coffee in her hand. "coffee?"

"Sure"

Sunny stood up and proceeded on getting Tiffany's pink cup and poured coffee. She went back to her seat which is just right across her.

"Thanks" Tiffany said before taking a sip.

"So" Sunny started "did Taeyeon talked to you last night?" she asked

"Yeah" Tiffany answered. "It was all a misunderstanding. I didn't know what to do but cry while she's explaining everything"

"Why? What did she say?"

"You probably know it already, but she told me that she wont give up. She made me feel that she really is trying to make it up to me" Tiffany answered, suddenly feeling overwhelmed by just remembering what Taeyeon said.

"I'm glad she cleared things up" Sunny said, Tiffany nodded. "and I'm also glad that Taeyeon is finally cooperating with the adjustments. I mean, you know how she acted back then right?" Sunny added.

Tiffany knows it, alright. Back there in Hawaii, Taeyeon acted so weird and cold towards Tiffany. As if she didn't know that she is hurting someone. It really is a relief when Taeyeon got back to her senses.

"That was awful" Tiffany answered, and the both did a disappointed expression by the thought of how Taeyeon acted before. "It's a relief, isn't it?" Tiffany added.

"Sure is" Sunny answered, just in time when Taeyeon walked out the room while rubbing her eyes cutely, trying to adjust with the brightness of the morning. "Morning, Tae" Sunny greeted.

"Mor–*yawn*–ning" Taeyeon greeted with a smile and sat next to Tiffany. Sunny smiled, this is new. Taeyeon used to distance herself from Tiffany, but now, it is really clear that she's trying her best. "Fany-ah" she suddenly said, making Tiffany's eyes widen.

"Did you just call me Fany-ah?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing I just...I mean...you used to call me that before and..." Tiffany couldn't find the right words to say, she's feeling too overwhelmed. She missed Taeyeon's cute way of calling her Fany-ah. Taeyeon is the only one calling her that which makes it more special.

"That's what popped into my mind, it feels...right...to call you that" Taeyeon said.

"It sure does" Tiffany said with a very satisfied smile.

"I'm going to leave the two of you here" Sunny said while standing up "there's strawberries in the fridge" she reminded the two girls before leaving them at the kitchen to have time for themselves.

Silence filled the place when Sunny left. Probably because Tiffany is still speechless, and Taeyeon is feeling kinda shocked with Tiffany's reaction.

"I was gonna ask you out for lunch" Taeyeon said shyly while looking down and tugging her blue pajama cutely "if it's okay with you?"

Tiffany smiled again and her eyes are starting to tear up.

Finally. Tiffany's eyes teared up not because of sadness or pain, but because of happiness and relief.

"I would love to" Tiffany answered, Taeyeon looked up and inverted her gaze at Tiffany.

This might sound crazy, but Taeyeon fell inlove. Her heart started going wild when she saw how happy Tiffany is, and she is willing to do everything to have a chance to see Tiffany's beautiful, radiant smile.