Back to Zero

I Got Caught

"Taengoo" Jessica called Taeyeon when she entered her room once again, right after attempting to chase after Tiffany but eventually failed.

"What's wrong? Why did Tiffany ran?" Taeyeon asked, worried at the said person, "did I say something?"

Jessica walked towards Taeyeon's direction and sat beside her bed again with a deep sigh. "you really don't remember her?"

Taeyeon tilted her head to the right, feeling confused. She already told them that she remembers the both of them, but why is Jessica being like this? "Of course, I remember her" she said again.

"No, I mean, as your girlfriend" Jessica said again, making Taeyeon feel more confused than she already was.

"Are you serious? She's really my girlfriend?"

"Yes, pabo. You are deeply inlove with her, don't you remember? I've never seen anyone love my bestfriend the way you do" Jessica said "I know it hurts her so much that you've forgotten her. She was by your side eversince. From your past accident, she was there. Crying her heart out, afraid that you might forget her. But thankfully you didn't. This time, the thing that we fear the most happened; You've forgotten her" Jessica explained, and Taeyeon was just sitting there, listening carefully.

"I...can't remember anything" Taeyeon looked down and sighed "about her being my...girlfriend" she added. To be honest, it feels weird when she thinks about Tiffany being her girlfriend. Yes, she knows she has a thing for girls. But it feels weird for Taeyeon to say or think that Tiffany is her girlfriend. "I'm sorry." She suddenly said "I'm hurting her, while I'm just sitting here, clueless of everything"

Jessica sighed once again "it's not your fault that you don't remember her, don't blame yourself" she added and patted Taeyeon's shoulder.

"What should I do, Sica?" Taeyeon asked with a frown. "I don't want to keep hurting her when each day pass, and I still can't remember her"

"Well, we have no choice but to go back to zero"

"What do you mean?"

"Try to retrieve your feelings for her. Do what you've done before, which is making her fall for you" Jessica suggested, Taeyeon paused for a while to think.

"I can't do that if I don't have feelings for her since I forgot what it really feels like to be inlove with her" she said with a frown again. Okay, this will be pretty hard.

"I know. You don't have to rush anything, Taengoo. Take all the time you want, you'll eventually get there" Jessica said, patting Taeyeon's shoulder. The latter didn't say a word but sighed instead.

The room's door was suddenly jolted open, revealing Sunny together with Tiffany standing right behind her with her head lowered.

"Were you two talking? Did we come at the wrong timing?" Sunny said, afraid that they disturbed the two girls' conversation.

"Ah, no. You're right on time, actually" Jessica answered. Sunny smiled and walked in, pulling Tiffany's arm to help her walk in as well.

"Taengoo-yah, how are you?" Sunny said

"I'm fine Soonkyu" she answered and laughed afterwards. She knows that Sunny hates being called by her real name, but she loves teasing her with it.

Sunny rolled her eyes "I assume you remember me clearly, eh?" she said and playfully knocked Taeyeon's head

"Ow ow, that hurts!" Taeyeon said with her hand on her head, causing Jessica and Sunny to panic.

"OH MY GOD I'M SORRY DOES IT REALLY–" Sunny said nervously, trying to caress Taeyeon's head. Taeyeon looked at her and smiled jokingly, earning a hard slap on her shoulder "YOU IDIOT I THOUGHT YOU WERE SERIOUS"

"Hey, your slap hurts, and I'm serious about that this time" Taeyeon said while rubbing her shoulder. Tiffany who was quietly watching the three girls smiled to herself, thinking that she's happy that Taeyeon's dorky attitude is still there....even if her girlfriend Taeyeon is not there anymore. With that thought, her smile disappeared again.

"Anyways, Sunny, where have you been?" Jessica asked, remembering that Sunny actually popped out from nowhere.

"I was on my way here from the hotel, then I bumped into the crying Tiffany" she answered and looked at Tiffany, who lowered her head again.

"Tiffany" Taeyeon called out, making all the girls inside the room look at her. She met Tiffany's eyes, swollen from all the crying. "Are you okay?" She asked. Well, that was a stupid question.

"Stupid" Sunny whispered, earning a nudge on her arm by Jessica, followed by a "shh"

"I am perfectly fine, Taeyeon" Tiffany answered sarcastically. Why would Taeyeon ask such stupid and obvious question? But she has to admit, she's still getting hurt on the inside even if she's trying to act strong and unaffected.

"Are you sure? You don't look fine at all" Taeyeon asked, okay. Well. This is getting more and more annoying. Jessica and Sunny are starting to feel frustrated.

"Sunny-ah, please come with me. We need to see the doctor. He said we should meet him in two hours" She said, remembering the doctor's orders. Sunny nodded and stood up.

"You two," Sunny pointed to the two girls "talk" she added before pulling Jessica's arm to get out of the room.

Once the two girls are out, they said everything that they want to say. "Well, that's annoying" Sunny said, getting a "yeah" in response.

"I was happy there for a moment, dorky Taeyeon was there" Jessica said "but I was annoyed when she acted all like that."

"It's like she's being like that on purpose" Sunny said before sighing "this will be hard"

"Yeah"

***

Awkward. One word that describes the atmosphere perfectly. Nobody wants to say a single word. What should they say? Taeyeon forgot everything. Tiffany is too hurt. Why did Sunny and Jessica left them in the first place?

Since the atmosphere is too awkward to handle, Taeyeon decided to break the uncomfortable silence "so.." she said after clearing "you're my girlfriend huh" she said. Tiffany frowned. Is Taeyeon gonna be this ty for a long time?

"I'm sorry" she said again. "But–"

"Yeah, I know" Tiffany cut her this time, afraid of what Taeyeon might say. Even if she already knows what she's going to say "maybe...not anymore" she claimed.

Yes, it hurts. A lot, actually. But this is the truth, Tiffany needs to accept it. She believes that they can work this out. But she has to admit...she's still scared.

Scared that it wont work out. Scared the Taeyeon might not 'retreive' her feelings back. She's scared that things wont go the way they want it to be.

"I'm sorry" Taeyeon said with her head lowered.

"It's not your fault, Taeyeon. Stop apologizing" Tiffany answered back, with heart breaking a little as she call the latter by her name, not the usual 'Taetae'.

Taeyeon couldn't say anything so she kept her head down. The few minutes that they spent together was full of silence. No one said a single word right after they had a small talk. Thankfully, the two girls the went to get the doctor has finally returned with the bilingual doctor.

"So..." The doctor said when they have finally entered the room "I've found out that you've lost some of your memories." He added "And my analysis from what the two girls explained, Taeyeon is diagnosed with retrograde amnesia."
"Retrograde amnesia is the inability to retrieve information that was acquired before a particular date, usually the date of an accident or operation. In some cases the memory loss can extend back decades, while in others the person may lose only a few months of memory. On Taeyeon's state; she probably lost some memories before the accident, maybe even the memories after the accident. But one thing's for sure...and that is the memories from years before are well preserved." The doctor explained, making Taeyeon's head hurt from the long explanation of her current state.

"Is there any possibilities that she will retrieve her memories doc?" Jessica asked

"It's not impossible that she might retrive her memories as long as her hippocampus is on good condition" the doctor answered

"Hippopotamus?" Taeyeon asked like a kid, making the doctor let out a soft chuckle.

"Hippocampus, it is a part of the brain that is like a storage for long and short term memories"

The girls that are inside the room has their mouth open like a perfect O from what the doctor said. That means, Taeyeon might or might not get her memories back. The girls are thankful that she haven't lost all of them.

"You should go back to Korea" the doctor suggested. "The hospital made a special reservation to one of the best hospitals in Korea for Taeyeon to be admitted at." He added. Wow, this hospital is one of a kind.

"Is that so, doctor?" Jessica asked, earning a smile and a nod from the doctor.

"I suggest that you go back to Korea as soon as possible" the doctor said again.

"Let's go back tomorrow" Tiffany suddenly said, making everybody look at her.

"O...kay then!" Jessica said, feelung rather awkward from the sudden statement "I'll tell the other girls that we're leaving tomorrow"

——————

[A/N: First of all, I want to thank google for the source of my research about Taeyeon's amnesia 😁😂

Secondly, well lastly, I would like to thank my dearest readers for the continous love and support for this story 😄 I still cant believe that this already reached 20k+ reads (on wattpad) 😭 Thank you so much 😭

And for those who are bored for waiting for the monthly update of this story, I have a new on-going short story that is being updated daily. It is entitled: "Flashdrive" 🙂 Something for my dearest readers to read while waiting for my story updates 😁

Thank you again for the love and support 😊 I promise to do my best to make this story more interesting 😄

I love you all 💞

- author taenymushroom]