Amnesia

I Got Caught

Tiffany feels devastated from the doctor's news; that Taeyeon has a high chance of getting amnesia. Because this is not the first time that they get this kind of news. Taeyeon almost had an amnesia from what happened before. This is the point where she starts to think negatively.

What if Taeyeon doesn't remember her?

What if Taeyeon forget that she's deeply inlove with her?

What if Taeyeon falls inlove with another girl?

"Shush, Tiff" Jessica shushed the crying latter "You've been crying for hours now. Get some rest"

"Jess, I'm scared" Tiffany said with a very weak tone "I'm scared that she won't remember me" she added. Jessica hugged her since it looks like she won't stop crying at any moment.

"Let's just...pray hard that it won't happen, okay?" Jessica said while rubbing her hands up and down on Tiffany's shoulder to calm her down. Jessica closed her eyes when she felt the latter nod. She can't hide the feeling of feeling scared as well, because yes, this is not the first time.

***

White walls, white surroundings, white bed sheets...wires?

Taeyeon jolted up once she observed her surroundings when she finally gained conciousness. Tiffany and Jessica was shocked as well. "Wha-where am I? What happened?" She asked, still shocked from the sudden realization.

Jessica said that she'll tell Taeyeon everything in a short while, because the doctor told them that they should call him once Taeyeon wakes up. They did waited for a short while for the doctor to come, thankfully, he'd didn't take long.

"What happened? Why am I in the hospital?" Taeyeon asked, still confused of everything. "doc, why are they not answering my questions?" She referred to the two girls. Tiffany didn't say a single word ever since she woke up.

"Calm down, miss" the doctor said in Korean. Thankfully, their supposed to be doctor found another doctor that is bilingual, so it is a big help for them to communicate easier. "Do you remember your name?" He asked while removing the cap of his pen, ready to write something down.

"Yes, Kim Taeyeon" she answered fast. The doctor wrote something on Taeyeon's papers with a nod.

"Do you know where you are?" He asked again.

"Hospital?"

"No, I mean, country. Are you aware that you're in Hawaii?"

"Ah, yes." She answered again, then the doctor wrote down some things on the papers again.

"Do you remember what happened?" The doctor again. Taeyeon paused, unable to answer the question. She shook her head, making Tiffany's heart shake in nervousness.

"What happened to me, doc?" She asked. The two girls looked at the doctor "Jess, Tiff, what happened to me?" She added. Making Tiffany feel some kind of hope that Taeyeon still remembers her.

"Do you remember your past accident?" the doctor asked again, with his pen ready to write something on the papers again.

Taeyeon paused for a while, and did not meet a single person's eye. She started to think hard until she squints her eyes. "It's kinda blurry" she answered finally "but I can somehow remember that I've been to a hospital back in Korea with a band-aid wrapped on my head." She answered while feeling her head. And while she does, she feels some surgery stitches. Deep inside, she thinks that she did had an accident before.

"Do you remember what happened before you were admitted to this hospital?"

"The last thing that I remember is that I was sitting at a round table with my friends for breakfast, and then that's it. Everything just out until I wake up." she answered, the doctor started to write again.

"That's good, you can remember some memories" he showed a faint smile. Then he turned around to face the other two girls. "I need to talk to the both of you outside, please follow me" he said, so the two girls did.

"I'll be going back to our office now" the doctor said "I want you two to talk to her and find out if she can remember some memories from past events. Like a year ago, a month ago, or a week ago. We just need to find out what kind of memory loss that she's suffering." He suggested, and the two girls nodded together "I'll be back maybe in two or three hours, and I want you two to tell me what you've find out"

The two girls nodded again. "Thank you, doc" Jessica answered "it will be hard if we're not talking to a bilingual doctor" she said, and laughed along with the doctor. Tiffany is just there, standing silently.

"It's my job" the doctor joked "okay then, I'll be heading back now. See you again in a few hours" he said and bowed, the two girls bowed together.

Jessica held Tiffany's hand and gave it a soft short squeeze once the doctor is finally out of sight. "Here we go Tiff, we'll find out everything now" she said while looking at the girl that has tears forming on her eyes "stay strong for me, okay?" she added and hugged the broken girl. She has to admit, she's as nervous at Tiffany right now. Scared of what they will find out.

***

"Taengoo-yah" Jessica called out to the girl laying on thr hospital bed. She is now sitting beside it with Tiffany on the other side. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess" she sat up "I still feel tired tho" she added.

"Do you..um..remember us?" Jessica asked, earning a confused look from Taeyeon.

"Err..yeah" she answered, still on confusion. She's thinking, why is Jessica asking this kind of question? They're her friends, how could she forget?

"How about Tiffany?" Jessica asked

"What about Tiffany?"

Tiffany's heart is starting to break from hearing those words from Taeyeon. Why is she acting like that? She's not as sweet as she used to be. It cant be...

"She's your girlfriend, pabo" Jessica said, trying to lift up the mood.

"My...girlfriend?"

That's it. Tiffany's heart completely broke. Taeyeon remembers her, but she forgot that she's her girlfriend.

Everything was gone. Those sweet moments. The way Taeyeon 'stalked' Tiffany during their school days. Their first date. Their first kiss. Their movie moments. The feeling of getting Tiffany's number for the first time; Taeyeon has forgotten everything.

Unable to hide her tears, Tiffany went outside the room and ran away. Jessica tried to chase after her, but she runs too fast.

Tiffany runs through the corridor, running through doctors and patients; she doesn't even know where she's going.

She saw an open door and decided to go there. Outside was the hospital garden, where patients that are allowed to walk stays. It's kinda weird because there is no one around. Did they know that Tiffany is coming?

"Yah Miyoung!" a familiar voice shouted. Tiffany stopped from running and turned around. "where are you go-OH MY GOD WHY ARE YOU CRYING" Sunny said and walked towards Tiffany then hugged her. "shh. You're crying again. Stop" Sunny pulled Tiffany down to sit on a bench. "What happened?"

"S-she can't remember me" Tiffany said, her voice shaking from all the crying.

"What?"

"She can't remember that I'm her g-girlfriend" she said again, then Sunny wiped her tears.

"She's awake now?" Sunny asked, Tiffany nodded "and she can remember you but not as her girlfriend?" Tiffany nodded again "let's get back there now, Tiff"

"No" Tiffany shook her head "I don't want to see her..for now"

"But we need to go back" Sunny stood up and pulled Tiffany's arm "Come on, we'll get through this"

Tiffany sighed, stood up then followed Sunny back to Taeyeon's room.