Chapter 7 [Part 1]

You Are The Reason

Moonbyul goes back to the house still thinking, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Solar.

”Byul? What are you thinking?” she asks with a bit of curiosity.

The latter looks at her.

“There’s something I need to tell you and we need to make a decision as soon as possible…”

Solar blinks.

”What is it?”

”Listen.., I just got news from one of my pack. She said that the no face bonnies are planning to attack the community… we need to tell your father about it.. fast.”

”The what?” Solar still not catching what the zombie is saying.

”Owkie, to make it less complicated… if you upgrade zombies… that’s what we call no face bonnies..”

Then Hwasa returns from the kitchen.

”Did I hear upgrade? What do you mean by that?”

”Byul said that if you upgrade a zombie they becomes no face.. what was it, bunnies..?” Solar looks at her with her confused expression.

“Bonnies. The no face bonnies.” Byul corrects her.

“Ah yes, that. Sorry haha..” Solar smacks her own head at her mistake.

”Wooohhhh cooolll! So that means you can upgrade too, Byul unnie? Like transformers? Wow unnie I want to see it…. but how are you going to transform? Are you going to say something like let’s volt in!! No no no, it’s different. Mhmmm maybe it’s time to transform now! Or maybe you need something like stone then shout transform!!...or…”then Byul cuts Hwasa.

”Yah! It’s not like that… though I like your imagination, specially the stone thing hahahhah… but no! And no face bonnies are dangerous creatures. They are even scarier than us, zombies. And now they are planning to attack the community.. that’s why we need to find a solution but first we need to tell yongdonnie’s father.”

“Wait, who’s Yongdonnie?” Whasa frowns.

“Ahh.. I mean Solar. Yeah, we need to convince her father..”

Before Hwasa can say something else Solar speaks up first.

”Yeah, we need to plan on how to convince my father and also the others. At the same time we need to think of ways to defeat the no face bunnies or whatever they are.”

“It’s bonnies..”

“Asshh yep, bonnies. I forgot it again.”

Hwasa giggles at them.

”Owkie then, but before we do the thinking… mhmmh Yongdonnie huh!? Hahahha so you already have a pet name mhm? Yongdonnie hahahha.” she says cutely.

”It’s not what you think! We just… hay! Never mind, as if you’re going to believe now what I’m going to say.” Says Solar.

”Let’s be serious now coz it’s the life of human beings are in the line..” Byul interrupted the two of them.

So, that’s when they started to think of any possible ways on how to tell at the same time convince solars father…..until:

“Aha!” exclaims Hwasa.

Startled both Byul and Solar said, “What!! What is it?”

“Did you already have a great idea?”

”I got…… nothing hahahha! It’s too silent. I can’t stand it. Why can’t we just go to your father  Solar unnie and tell him, that’s all. I know he will believe you, you are his daughter and he trusts you.”

”Yeah right. As if it will be as easy as saying.. dad, I’m hungry and he will just say owkie, I will cook for you.” Solar retorts, while Moonbyul was actually thinking about what Hwasa was saying. Then finally she says, ”I think Hwasa is correct.. We don’t have any plan or any prof but our words so why can’t we just give it a try then.”

”Are you sure about it Byul? It’s too risky for you. What if dad will not believe you and instead kill you? What if….”

”Yongdonnie.. trust me, trust yourself and trust your father  that he will trust you…. am I saying nonsense? Well, all I want to say is trust yourself okay?… that’s all..”

 

So they decided to tell Solar’s father that night.

 

“I’m nervous as hell hooo!” her hands feel sweaty.

”Solar unnie, relax. It’s not like you’re telling uncle that you’re getting married and you’re pregnant with a…. zombie…..”

Both Solar and Moonbyul look at her. The latter continues.

”I mean half human and half zombie…. I mean soon to be human…. I mean…. hayyy whatever you call her. Gezz!”

”Yongdonnie..” Moonbyul shakes her arm a bit as Solar rolls her eyes pinches Hwasa’s cheek.

 “Mh?”

“Just think about the future of the people here, those kids that will be thankful for letting them live for much more longer…” listening to Byul’s words, Solar relaxes and gets some strength to tell her father.

 

The moment they’ve been waiting for……AKA the confession time….I mean telling Solar’s father about what is going to happen.

 

Hwasa whispers to Solar.

“Here comes uncle….. line up and greet him.”

”Anneonghaseyo, welcome home.” They say in unison.

Uncle kim frowns with what he saw.

”What’s with the formality?” he looks at them one by one till he looks at Solar.

“Mhmm.. is there something you want to tell me my Yongsun? I know you.. come on, tell me“ he smiles at her.

“Owkie, here goes nothing.. dad?! Listen to me and please believe me in what I’m going to say to you… and oh, by the way this is Byul, my ah.. my friend.” she says the last word like a whisper.

Her father knows it just by looking at his daughter but he just pretends that he knows nothing.

Solar continued telling her father everything minus the blooming love of course. She was thinking to tell her father about it later or else he will freak out about it at such a terrible way.

But then he didn’t believe about the attack and what is happening to zombies.

”Yongsun….. my precious child. Zombies are zombies. They can’t…..just change.. what you are saying is just ridiculous.”

”But you see dad… how can you explain what happen to her?” Solar points at Byul.

”Maybe she is already different from them or she accidentally ate something that made her change… we don’t know.”

Solar looks at him waiting for an answer but he says nothing.

”Dad…” she begs.

”Enough… Yongsun. I don’t buy this. Zombies are changing to the better? It sounds too good to be real. This is the real world. I think you have been watching too many scary movies with happy ending. Zombies are zombies and they will all die still a zombie, owkie?” he says firmly shocking Solar and Hwasa a bit, while Moonbyul just look at him without blink.

He takes a breath trying to keep himself calm. Solar tries not show her anguished face for what he just said.

“I’ll forget about this and I’ll accept her here, but don’t open up about this again… arasseo?” he says seriously.

“Mhmm owkie… if you don’t have anything else to say, I have things to do outside. See you later.”

He passes by them, leaving the house again to go back to the headquarters, slamming the door behind him. But deep inside he’s thinking about what Solar told him.

Though he didn’t believe what she said he still takes precaution and make the security of the community a little bit tight.

 

. . . . .

 

It’s the D-day!!! The no face bonnies attack the community.

 

Despite of the large difference with numbers between humans and bonnies,the community still held them back a little longer.

Thanks to Wheein who told Byul who told Solar who was then pushed by Hwasa to told her father about the no face bonnies, they get at least some strategies on how to kill and win the battle successfully.

Still the bonnies were able to enter the community….

Solar together with Hwasa and Byul, went to the headquarters to see her father.

”Oh, Yongsun-ah, why are you here? You should go back to the house. Go to the tunnel.” (houses in the community have tunnels for them to hide in case of emergency.. like what happens now)

Solar shakes her head.

”Dad, we are here to help you.”

”No, sweetheart. I’m not going to allow you. I don’t want anything happen to you.”

”Dad I’m old enough and I can handle it. Please let me stay here. Besides, you already let me go outside..”

”Which is a big mistake of me to allow you… you almost killed yourself out there”

”That’s why it’s called almost meaning I’m still here and right now got knowledge about the bonnies on how they move or attack, so I know how to stop them… and Byul and Hwasa are here too. So I’m not alone, see? I got back up..”

Then Hwasa in.

”Back up? Us? Back up?.... it’s not going to happen I’m not..”

Before hwasa can continue talking, solar elbowed her.

”Ssshh! Just let me do the talking first or dad will not allow us to battle.”

”Ahahhaha yeah uncle kim, if needed we will go in front of Solar unnie, so don’t worry. Besides we also have Byul unnie to help..”

Byul looks at Hwasa and whispers, ”Whats with me that you both always mention it to dad.. I mean uncle Kim? Have you realized that I’m just a normal zombie.. I mean half zombie have human that is capable to love, be loved and…”

“Wait, what’s the connection of being in love in our situation now?” says Hwasa.

”Well, I just don’t have anything else to say.. hahahaha..” Hwasa glares at her.

”Sorry..”  Byul apologizes pretending to close the zip of .

Solar continued to persuade her father until he said, ”Owkie owkie, fine. I’ll allow you,in one condition…”

”What is it?!” Solar’s eyes shine as stars as she’s trying not to smile too much.

”If anything goes out of hand you need to go to safety… understand?”

”But dad that’s the best part of the situation…” she complains.

”Kim Yongsun, this is not a movie or a video game that you can do whatever you want. You…”

Solar cuts him off as she raises her hand.

”Yes, yes. I was gonna say yes, we will go to a place of safety when it gets out of hand.. so owkie we go now, thanks dad.” She waves her hand pushing the others gently to walk away.

”You all be careful and don’t forget what I told you.. okay?” then he calls Byul without the other two realizing they were leaving her behind.

”Moonstar, I was not able to say thank you. I should have listened to you earlier.” He says regretfully.

Byul shakes her head.

”It’s nothing sir.. I know it’s difficult to believe it too, but I’m happy that at least you made a safety precaution..”

”Yes. We’ll try to keep everything in its place in here. By the way I got a favor to ask you… please keep Solar safe. I already lost her mom, my precious wife.. I don’t want to lost her too.” His eyes blurring a little.

”Don’t worry… you can count on me. I’ll protect her with my life if it’s necessary...”

 

And with that, they engage to battle.

 

“Owkie, guys! LET’S KICK SOME ASSES!!!!” Solar shouts. Hwasa replies: ”Ohhh yeah I like that!!! Let’s gogogogo!”

”Wow Yongdonnie is on FIRE!!!!”

And yes they started kicking asses and even if the name of them are no face bonnies, they still manage to kick their faces too.

The community is in chaos, everyone is engage with a wild battle.

The bonnies are in upper hand. They are quicker and they outnumbered the humans x5. But humans will not give up just like that. And so they give their all even though they are in advantatdge.

Just when humans thought they will lose the battle.

 

Huge wave of zombies is coming their way.

 

Human 1: “Were doomed!!!! This is the end!!”

Human 2: ”Don’t lost hope… we need to fight just think of your family and the children…”

But then they got confuse when they saw that the zombies are attacking the bonnies instead of them.

 Human 1: ”Am I seeing things?! Or I’m already dead?” he ask the other one.

Just then a zombie on their back spoke that almost gave them a heart attack.

”We are here to help humans defeat bonies.. soooo get your and killlll themmmm!!!!! You….. don’t just stand and space out there we have lots of no face bonnies to killllll!” she slap their before running to attack a no face bonnie that was fighting with Sinb and Hani.

The soldiers follow what she said after recovering from the shock.

After defeating the bonnie, her eyes see something interesting among the crowd that puts a smile on her face. And from then on her eyes are already glued to this interesting thing, unable to look away from it.

 

To be continued...