Chapter 13

You Are The Reason

 “You’re so unfair Byul, you know that I can’t live without you, you promised me that you’ll always be with me…” Solar said between sobs.

Ever since the day that Byul leave them, there’s not a time that solar didn’t cry.Day and night all she do is cry if not she will be staring into space. But what scared them most is when Solar jut stayed inside her room avoiding anyone at the same time not eating anything. The two young girls don’t know what to do anymore.

One day the two young girls have a little talk while eating…

“I can’t take it anymore…I don’t want to see solar unnie like that…I don’t want her to cry…its painful to see her in that state…do you know anything or something ?”hwasa  ask

“About what?”

“You know making the dead alive again..”

“What do you think of me, a magician? Ah wait…” Wheein replied with a “I have a plan.” expression written in her face.

“O what? What? Do you know something?”

“Will yes… but it’s too complicated and mhmmmm there’s a problem.”

“What problem…I’m willing to do whatever it is just to make Solar unnie owkie again.. I want to see her smile and I want to see Byul unnie too.. soo spell it out besides there’s no problem without a solution.” Hwasa narrated

“Well you see….. mhmmmm we can make Byul unnie a vampire….but then I don’t know where to find one….”

“Yah!!!!! That’s your idea? This is not a movie!!!! Haist… that’s what you get from watching too much movie...”

“Says the one who introduces me to those movies.. stsk well at least I got something….How about you?”

“Mhmmmmm actually…. mhmmmm I don’t have any hehehehhe, let me eat first I can’t think straight if I’m hungry.” Hwasa said instead.

“Hungry? Still hungry? You’ve eaten at least half of the bucket of this precious chicken and you said still hungry?”

“You said it already… precious chicken. So yes, besides you already eaten the other half of the bucket…that means we’re even…”

“yeah fine….let’s just finish eating and then let’s think of something that can help solar unnie. I’m really worried about her. She barely eat anything and when she does, just a little and that is if we force her to and also she’s always inside her room I’m scared she might do stupid things… losing Byul unnie is painful and hard, I don’t want to lose another one.”

“I feel you Wheein-ah, don’t worry we will find a way….. BY THE POWER OF THIS MIGHTY CHICKEN….IT WILL GIVE ME SOME IDEAS ….”

“Did you drink the beer in the ref? Cause I’m quite sure that you….you are not really in the right mind now… I mean I’m being serious here and then here you are just fooling around”

“Nah I’m sober…we’ve been in a very sad, dark, down….name all the negative feelings you know….i just wanted to make the situation a little bit alive. I really don’t like having this kind of situation or feeling…. I’ve been through this and I don’t want to experience it again…sorry if I act like a kid…”

“That’s fine Hwasabi, you’re right, we really need to have a little of your brightness at least it lift up our mood a little bit…so after this we need to be serious in forming some plan on how to cheer up unnie.”

Thanks Wheepup… you’re the best..” 

For most of their spare time they try to come up with something that will help Solar. Even her father tend to help too. But even though they don’t have something …yet…they always make sure that solar have someone with her all the time…To talk to or even just to accompany her…They think that at least someone’s presence can make an effect to her and that she will feel that she’s not alone and that she have them to rely on.

Days turn into months then into years, Solar tried her best to move on…and she did it. She’s been  through tough time but with the help of her family and friends, she was able to do it…a little. Because as she said…” Byul is gone physically but she will remain her in my heart.”

“She’s doing well.” Wheein said.

”You mean trying to be well” Hwasa replied.

”Guys.. you know I can hear you.. can you make it a little…discreet? Solar told them.

“Ohhh really? Sorry we thought you’re doing something….” Hwasa said.

Yeah I’m doing something but still can hear you..” Solar replied

“Owkie unnie, we will just go outside so you can’t hear us…see yah later.” Wheein said.

 

And with that they left.

 

These kids… but I love them and they are one of the reasons why I’m still here and able to smile despite being broken into pieces….” Solar told herself.

 

……Few months back……

 

Convo between Wheepup and Hwasabi ft Mr. Kim.

“I think it doesn’t have any plans or something… we just need to be by her side…let her feel that we are here for her and that we too feel what she feel though she must be feeling more worse than us”

“Your right Wheepup… that’s what we are going to do…”

They are so deep and serious in their conversation that they didn’t notice mr.kim approaching…

“That’s true guys. We need to move on too and there are a lot of things to be done we need to try to go back to normal “ Mr. Kim suddenly said which makes the kids jump up in their sit from shock

“Wooohhhh!!!! I think my heart just jumped out from my chest…. you scared me!” Wheein said half shouting half laughing.

“Oh sorry to scare you guys, but I can’t help but to give my opinion too and I really appreciate the help and the effort that you give to my daughter. I owe you a lot.”

“Nah!!! Solar’s like a family to us and I know that Byul unnie will be angry if we don’t do anything… besides you don’t want Byul to get angry…. it’s really scary sooooo better avoid it or you get the worst.. just thinking about it makes the hair from my hands stand..” Wheein narrated.

“Really? I didn’t know that?” Hwasa ask.

“I don’t want to talk about it… it’s scary as hell but there’s always someone that can make her heart melt and at the same time make her anger disappear.”

“I know, I’ve never seen her that angry.... and I don’t want to experience it either, and from the look in your eyes I know you want to share it with me, but please don’t…” Hwasa said… but then she was interrupted by Wheein.

“You don’t want me to tell you the stories untold by many and….”

“I don’t want to hear your elaborated story that even the small details and gross part you included…. I don’t want to have nightmares…”

“Byul unnie can do that…..nightmares…..” then suddenly Wheein whispers in Hwasa’s ears.. she will visit you tonight…… hooooohhhhh.”

“Yah! Wheepup!!!! Shut up “

“Guys, enough with that! Do you want to go with me in the headquarters? And bring Solar too; it would be great “ Mr. Kim suddenly interrupted them.

And so they did what they are told.

 

Back to the present…

One day Solar decided  to stroll around the area to have fresh air…that’s…. what she told herself but in reality she just wanted to remember those times she was with Byul… she wanted to remember those happy times when they are together not caring about anything.

“I’m owkie guys… I want to say thank you for helping me. I know I will not forget her and I don’t want to do that too. She’s too precious to be forgotten and she’s….” Solar tries to suppress the urge to cry.

”She’s my life so I want to live my life with what is left of her. In that way I can be whole again…. I guess… and I will try. So just let me have that. I promise I will not go back to the wreck that I am before.”

“Owkie unnie if that’s what you say… but if you feel different or something or… whatever…were here owkie?!” Hwasa said.

“Runnnn as fast as you can unnie we are here…waiting…for…you” Wheein added.

“Why would you let unnie run? Hwasa ask.

“Well, you said feel different or something… you know… you don’t want to let unnie do her business in the street do you?” Wheein explained.

“Hay!! Don’t compare unnie with a dog… you rascal!! Owkie unnie, be careful, and don’t forget to call us if your having trouble.”

Wheein wanted to say something but Hwasa covered before she can say anything… and off Solar go…

 

Solar’s POV:

“It’s been 5 years since she’s gone… I can still remember those times that we are together… I can still clearly see her face, her smile, I can still feel her touch and even hear her laugh. That makes me miss her more.”

She avoided this particular place for a reason that she might break down from the memories that still lingers in it. Though she wanted to feel Byul there, but she can’t assure if she will be owkie and she don’t want to go back from being a mess … her family and friends… they are the real reason why she’s able to be here now. If not… well you can tell it already… she will follow her… but of course Byul will not let her and she know that she don’t like to see her cry. She can still remember what Wheein told her in those times that she just stay in her room and cry.

Unnie… Byul unnie will be sad if she sees you cry and she will be mad at us cause we let you….I don’t want to be hunted by her tonight so please stop crying…..” Wheein said.

Solar was smiling while remembering what happen before… until she arrive in the place… she takes a deep breath and said,

”Soooo… here I am today I finally got the courage I needed. I miss you a lot but I need to be strong, I need to move on but I will never forget you. You take the other half of me, now I’m not whole but with your memories I try to be. How are you? I hope you’re doing well wherever you are. For me, I am fine… now… well not really but much better than before. I…” Solar was cut off when suddenly something caught her eyes… something is moving in the corner… her heart beats fast feels like it will come out from her chest, but this is companied with feeling of longing, feeling of happiness, feeling of missing someone. And she knows this feeling cause she felt it before. She wanted this, she longs for this but at the same time she’s confused. Because she knows that there’s only one person that can make her feel like that and she know that she’s gone and that she shouldn’t feel it, but then her confusion is replace with shock when she saw what was moving on the corner…

 

……TO BE CONTINUED……