Chapter 11

You Are The Reason

Byul wakes up…

“Ahhh.. my head hurts…..that’s a weird dream but… at least it’s just a dream…… wait….where am I???”

Then someone speaks.

“You are in my kingdom. Can’t you remember? Owkie, I’m gonna tell you…. roll flashback please!”

 

Flashback

 

Byul was carried by the no face bonnies by the command of Krystal going to her so called palace.

“Yah!!! Put me down. Put. .me… down!!” she shouted while kicking some bonnies but to no avail.

“Just stop it Byul and just go with the flow… besides you’re just wasting your energy.” Says Krystal

At the mention of energy, Byul remembers that she was not able to eat since morning and with that she can hear her stomach growling.

”Aw.. what a wrong timing…” and since she keeps on wiggling and talking and the so called Krysta’s palace is far…. definitely Byul pass out due to starvation.

Few moments later…..Krystal interrupted the flashback……

“Owkie, enough with the flashback and let’s focus on the present… and that my friend is what happen…and oh because you pass out you hit your head on one of bonnies head… which I tell you is as hard as a rock.. soooo that’s why you have headache..”

“And since you don’t have anything since this morning, I got you some food… owkie bring the food here.” The bonnies obey her quickly.

“I don’t want to eat… I’d rather starve than to eat the food that you prepare for me.” she says.

”Ahhhh.. actually I’m not the one who prepare that cause you know… am…..it’s a little embarrassing but hay!!! I don’t know how to cook, soooo I just asked someone to prepare something for you…..there so you can eat it.”  Krystal narrated…..

“Still no. How will I know that you didn’t put something in there?” she raises her eyebrow in distrust.

”Byul… if I’m going to do something to you I can do it without the help of the food that is being placed in front of you…so you eat now cause your tummy is too noisy already I can’t concentrate on what to do..”

Definitely byul doesn’t have a choice but to eat. 1st, because she’s too hungry to say no to the food in front of her. 2nd she needs energy if she wants to get out from there and 3rd, she needs food for her brain to function. So without any more talking she attacks the food like a wild beagle.

 

While in the community.

 

This day is really nice,though I miss Byul already.. but it’s good also to let her go out with other people for her to be much more civilized.

 

Few hours later….

 

It’s already time to go home but why is it that she’s not yet here?.... Mhmmmmm, owkie relax Solar….she told herself.

”She will be here any moment now, maybe she’s just too engrossed with what they’re doing……..

What are they doing?  In bold letters bump into her.

Suddenly those questions just pop up in her head and somewhat that makes her a little bit angry ..... Byul!!!!i swear if you do something stupid I will.. I will.. I will rip your heart out… no no no, I can’t do that, that’s too harsh.. I’ll just rip some of her hair… yeah that’s it… at least she can still grow her hair back…. Well, I will just think positively. Owkie, I need to go home now maybe she will just go home when she  realize HOW LATE SHE IS….But deep inside she’s already screaming WAIT TILL YOU GET HOME.

And so she decided to go home and just wait for byul there …..in case shes not yet there….well…she will still wait.

“Oh you’re home.” Says Hwasa, waving at her with a smile.

“Where’s Byul?” asks Wheein.

”She’s with Krystal.” Solar replies.

“WHAT????” Wheein and Hwasa say in unison.

”What what?” says Solar.

 “Well it’s just that…. unnie are you sick?” Hwasa asks while patting Solar’s forehead gently If it’s hot..

“No I’m not sick or anything. I’m alright. What’s wrong with what I do?” says Solar.

”Well, it’s not actually like you. You don’t even want to see someone looking at her and now you’re telling us that you let Byul go with Krystal? Wow!! That’s new.” Hwasa answers back.

”It’s good to let her see and mingle with other people so that she will be more exposed.”

”I’m just wondering….what are they doing now?” Interrupts Wheein. That makes Solar’s face change in a blink of an eye.

”Woooahhh unnie! You look like you’re going to eat someone…. ALIVE… chill, we mean no harm, we’re just wondering you know…. just curious..”

”CURIOSITY KILLS…remember that.” Solar said emphasizing each word and with eyes that looks like it’s going to pop out of its sockets.

“Yes unnie, we will remember that.. but unnie..”

”If you love yourself, DON’T.. DARE..TO … CONTINUE… WHAT…YOU…ARE…ABOUT…TO…ASK…”solar interrupts what Wheein wants to ask. So the two just shut their mouths and continue eating .They already know what Solar is capable of.

But since Wheein is really curious and really, really wants to ask and she find the topic interesting so she try to speak. But by the time she open she saw solar with her laser beam stare while putting her hand in and doing a slashing motion. With that, the puppy just closes and silently eats her chicken.

Solar is still waiting for Byul, pacing back and forth at the same time throwing some glances in the direction of two people in the side.

On the other hand there are two people that are silently doing something just to avoid Solar’s glare and since they can’t talk they just look at each other, sigh, do something and sigh again. This continued for 3 agonizing hours.

By the time, Wheein’s counting strikes 3 hours, she can’t take it anymore and speak.

”Unnie, would you please sit down? I’m feeling dizzy looking at you pacing back and forth in front of us and it’s too quite her I think I’m going crazy”

“How can I when it’s already this late and Byul is still not yet home?”

”Actually unnie it’s still 6pm, basically it’s still early.” Hwasa told solar.

” Welllllll, for me it’s already late. Besides I told her to come back in the headquarters and we will go home together….. Basically she’s already late.”

”Just think about this….maybe Byul is having fun and was not able to realize that it’s already time for her to go home”

”Fun? Having fun? Did she ever think that someone here is really worried because she’s not yet here while she’s having fun?” Hwasa was shaking her head and says.

”Unnie, when you’re having fun you tend to forget about time and you just focus on what makes you happy.” Wheein just nods her head then suddenly says, 

”I think unnie don’t know how to have fun.”

Hwasa suddenly looks at her best friend with a you’re so - dead kind of stare and solar got this deadly stare while walking closer to Wheein.

”Ah unnie, what Wheein means is that you don’t have time to have fun because you’re too busy..” says Hwasa while giving a forced laugh.. but before Solar can answer her, they heard the siren ring.

“Be thankful that something just interrupted me… or else you will be sorry…” Solar says between greeted teeth.

The two just keep silent and thanks who ever turn on the siren.

Siren blares indicating that something Is wrong.

What could that be?” Thinks Solar.

To know what’s happening outside, she decides to go to the headquarters and check it out. But before that, she told the two young girls,

”I will just go to the headquarters and check everything out. Stay in the house lock every door and windows and don’t just open the door without knowing who it is.” But instead of doing what Solar told them they insisted on going with her.

”Unnie, we are not kids anymore. We can lend a helping hand.” Says Hwasa.

”Besides, it would be better to have more people helping each other.”

“With that, we can overcome whatever  the problem is going on now.” Wheein continues and with a puppy eyes Solar can’t say no and sigh while gesturing for them to follow her.

 

Few hours before the alarm blares   

 

People are having a normal day like they always have ,but suddenly it becomes chaotic. People running, children crying. You will hear screams, screams seeking for help, screams of horror and even for mercy. And with the second alarm rings Solar together with Wheein and Hwasa knows that it’s trouble and a big one.

With people running around, they saw something. Something dark, something… something scary. Then Wheein said, ”No  face bonnies!!!! Why are they here?”

”You mean how did they get in here?” Hwasa corrects her.

Solar on the other hand is frozen from her post and all she’s thinking is Byul.

Is she safe, is she owkie, where is she, does she know what is happening?

She was brought back to reality by the creaming puppy beside her.

”Unnie.. unnie!!!! Yah, unnie!!!!”

”What? Why are you screaming?” replies Solar.

“Unnie, you’re spacing out. I’ve been calling you a couple of times…. It’s not the time for that. We have a huge problem in front of us we need to help the people or else it will be the end of it.” Wheein says without breathing.

”Breath puppy breath!!!! We don’t want to see you collapse here.” Hwasa interrupts Solar from answering Wheein.

”Owkie, before this goes to somewhere else, let’s go and continue our conversation in the headquarters. I need to know if Byul is there..” says Solar.

“Oki doki, let’s go.”

The trio go to their destination.

 

In the headquarters.

 

“Owkie, take your position!!!! Ready with your weapons! How’s the situation over there?” the person in command told his men.

Aside from shouting, people running and yelling, the headquarters is as busy as the bees chasing the person who stole their honey. The three don’t know where to go since the people are all over the place. Then Solar spots her father, so she gestures to the other two to follow her.

“Dad! I saw the bonnies outside… how did they get in here?! I thought that all the possible entrance are all sealed?” Solar ask her father question after question.

”That’s what I want to know too, beautiful. It’s like someone did let them in because we can’t find any damage to our wall so far, and also I find it weird but it’s like they get some instruction from someone.”.

“Actually, we kind of notice it from the last attack of the bonnies.” Says Wheein.

”Usually bonnies don’t do something together, meaning they do whatever they want to do and also if they started something.. they will not just stop and retreat except if they see that they can’t win or that they are already in verge of being gone… meaning all of them will be killed.” Adds Wheein.

”We can’t do anything now except to fight back since they are already here so if you can help us since you have more info than what we have.” Says Mr. Kim to wheein.

”Sure sir. It’s my pleasure to help. I owe you big one. Not only me but all the zombies.”

”Owkie so now we’re good.. I need the three of you to go on post outside and help the other soldiers.” With that Mr. Kim dismisses them.

Before they head to their post they get some ammo and guns, talk about a little strategy and leave.

 Upon arriving in the post, they heard some of the soldiers talking.

“I really thought that it already ended.” man 1 says.

”What do you mean?” man 2 replies.

”You know the war since the zombies and humans are friends now and even we both live in the same place.”

”Yeah the zombies, but can’t you see? It’s not zombies that attack us, it’s the worst.”

”Yeah well, whatever we just need to protect what we have.. we came this far so this will soon be over.”

”That’s the spirit.”

Solar suddenly butts in. “We need to protect it with our lives so now we need to get ready and attack..”adds Solar. Then they are ready in their position.

Both humans and zombies take their defense and try their best.

”How to kill them?” men 1 ask his fellow.

”Hit them in the heart…” zombie 1 answers him.

“Heart? Do they have a heart?”

“I mean chest hit them in the chest..”

“How do we know that we hit the target?”

“Of course, we’ll see them collapsing you idiot…”

“Oh hahahah.., yeah right, hahahha my bad.”

Wheein and Hwasa can just look at each other and mentally slap their forehead.

Ahead they saw a lot of bonnies approaching so they told them to ready and fire their gun to any of them they see.

While the community is doing their best in defending what they have, someone is silently praying for the safety of the one she loves, but then there’s this one also that is having a plan that she knows that will wreck someone’s heart. At the same time another one is struggling to go back to the person where she belongs.