Chapter 16

You Are The Reason

Hiiii everyone!! I'm GoldBlackSilver! We're sorry for making you wait all this time.. my fellow brain 2 is kind of busy with work as do I, so we can't update soon as we want.. but here is it!! We hope you like it!! 

******

Day and night, Krystal tries to think and think of something to do to make up for her wrong doings.. but, she doesn’t let anyone know about it especially the one behind all this tragedy that happened to her.

“What can I possibly do? Mhmmh…” Krystal says talking to herself.

Unknown to her, someone was listening and been following her for almost 1 week now.

She got startled when suddenly she heard someone talk. 

"Are you trying to do something without me knowing? If you are and I think you are… just drop it, your not  going to succeed besides I’m going to find that out soon .Also, I told you a thousand times already... it’s not your fault you’re just doing what’s good and what’s best for you."

She knows that telling the truth is not going to do good. But then saying that she will follow the advice given to her is absolutely a bad choice. So instead she just keeps shut and just tries to think… until an idea suddenly comes to her mind… but she got interrupted.

"Something’s not right... mhmmmh."

“What?”

"You’re too quite…I mean yeah."

“The hell with you? the time that I always talk back to you and disagree on everything you said, you told me to shut up and just follow you… now that I’m not saying anything and just listening to you, you’re still complaining… what do you really want?”

“Well, hahahahha nothing, really, I’m just... I’m just, well..."

“Not used to it? Now  you need to get used to it… cause I’m not going to do anything stupid that will make you talk for hours, just telling me that I’m stupid and that what I do is wrong and that I need to follow you….. you happy now?”

“Hahahahha if that’s what it is, then I’m happy for you...”

And with that she’s left alone again.

One fine and sunny day, a bonnie approaches her and starts talking in a raspy voice. It’s not that audible nor clear, but Krystal tries her best to understand the bonnie since this particular one is so persistent on following her the whole day.. and she finds this one bonnie kind of different from the others.

“..Hayyyy chann hhep yhhou….”

“What?”

“Hay hhavve hayydhea ..”

“Wait…. You’re talking?”

“Shhhhushhhhh”

“Ooooh owkie… you can talk.. anyone here can talk like you?”

The bonnie just move the head left and right….

“Just what I’ve thought…. but it’s really amazing. how did you do that?”

“Wwwhhaaat.”

“Well it’s not every day that I encounter a talking bonnie….this is much more interesting than seeing a talking zombie….”

“As you can see… the bonnie has difficulties in talking even with a very short sentence… soooooo to make this short, Krystal ends it up and just tells the bonnie to save the answer when …….

A.) Krystal can understand the bonnie or..

B.) The bonnie can speak much more clearly. Besides she doesn’t trust the bonnie that just pop up from nowhere and talks to her… though she finds it weird but then a lot of weird things are happening.

She’s about to walk away when she hears the bonnie say something.. it caught her attention…

“Bhyyuul…”

Even though it’s not that clear, but Krystal can make out the name… it’s the name that’s already stitched on her brain the person she wants to see again… the person who she regrets doing something stupid… the person whom she’s deeply in love with..

“What about her?..”

Since the bonnie knows that Krystal can’t understand, starts gesturing her to follow… they both know that it’s not safe to talk about it in that area.

 

….Few hours later…..

 

“Owkie…. my head hurts. I don’t want to do this anymore… maybe we need to do something to make this conversation much easier. For the sake of the both of us, I’m hungry too and it’s getting late.”

They agreed to meet up at least an hour or so every afternoon.

1st: help the bonnie talk much clearer for her to understand.

2nd: Talk about what the bonnie know.

3rd: Make a plan.

4th: Make a plan……

And 5th make a plan…

“What a good idea.” Krystal thinks while smiling,

”Owkie. Let’s end up here and meet up again tomorrow.”

 

When she arrives in her house.

 

”Mhmmh. How am I possible to improve.. wait, wait, wait.. before that… I need to find a name to call that bonnie. It’s not really that good, just keep calling it bonnie it’s kinda cheap…”

After like years of thinking………..

.”Aha!!!! I’m going to call it Xiu…. that’s it! Xui…”

 

The next day…..

 

“So I’ve been thinking about this for the whole night. 1st, I’m going to teach you how to write. That’s the easiest way. Then you can just write whatever you want to tell me, okay? But then when you already know how to write.. Then let’s go level up. 1st thing first. And oh, wait, I also wanted to give you a name… from now on your name will be Xui.”

“So let’s start.” Krystal says with enthusiasm written all over her face.

A few hours pass and Krystal is already on the edge of giving up, but her head is always chanting Byul’s name, so she keeps her cool and continues what they have been doing.

”I’m doing this for Byul… I’ll do anything.. Xui knows something about her so I won’t give up until I get those information.”

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Months pass by and the lives of the 3 girls almost go back to normal.. almost…

Without Byul, it will never go back to what it was… but at least they’ve been trying to make it as normal as possible…

One day Wheein called Hwasa.…

“Yo! Got something to tell you….”

“ What’s with that serious face?”

“Well, it’s kinda serious yah know.”

“Mhmmh I think I know what it is…. Wheein a I’m not ready yet… I don’t know… can you give me more time to think about it?”

“Huh??….” Wheein answered with a frown and a little confused.

“I’m sorry but I don’t want to rush things out. I want to be sure first… I hope you understand.”

“What are you talking about? And no, I don’t understand you…so please enlighten me….”

“Gosh it’s so hard.” with a sigh Hwasa continued…. ”Wheein, you’re like a sister to me soooo…”

But then she was cut off by Wheein…
 

“Ahhhhh hahahahhahaha YAH!!!!! I’m not confessing my love to you. You crazy lion…. hahahahahaha”

“Really??!! Wellllll, at least we cleared it out hahahhha… awkward… hahahha. It’s almost the same with the last time you told me you love me…. it’s like a dejavu.”

“I was drunk at that time. Besides, yeah I like you but then we both realize that we need to be sure about what really we feel for each other.”

“Owkie, enough with that… it’s getting awkward hahhahha.” Hwasa said while getting flustered.

“Owkie. Then back with what I was about to tell you, so you remember when I told you I dream about Byuli unnie?”

“Yes, what about it?”

“Well ,it’s been like 3 consecutive nights now that I always dream about her being alive. It’s almost the same, except for the little details added and its getting more and more like…… real… like I can touch and feel her.”

“Mhmmmm, just don’t tell Yong unnie about this.”

"Why?” wheein ask.

"Well she’s been doing good so far.. and I don’t want her to go back being depressed and stay in the room, barely talking and eating…"

“Yeah you’re right.. but I think we can talk it out first you know… weigh the situation if we need to keep it or tell her. It’s just a dream."

"Well yep. It just a dream Wheepup, but you said it’s like really real and you didn’t just dream about it for a night… what if she will take it as true, REAL…?" quoting the word with her fingers.

"You know that she will do anything to bring back Byul… remember the time you told her that we can look for a vampire and let it bite Byul?"

"Yeah I remember that.. we were crazy looking for her."

"I don’t want to experience that again. She’s gone like the whole night.."

"Now that you brought it back I remember something and it’s kinda funny."

"It's not really that funny…. maybe just a little bit. I’m just worried about her.. It’s scary how she'll do anything and everything…. " Hwasa says seriously but then smile after a while.

"Yeah your right but I can’t help myself from laughing especially when she told us why she’s gone…who would believe that there’s actually a vampire here? Hahahhaha."

"You can’t blame her…. you will be like that too when you’re in love…. you go crazy and do anything. Things you never did before."

“I’m not gonna be like that... I’ll assure you that."

"You want to bet? The loser will buy a bucket of chicken."

"Owkie, deal!"

“Wait let me write it down and sign it” Hwasa said while getting up to get a pen and a paper.

"What for."

“You remember last time we make a bet? When you realize that you’re going to lose. You said to forget about it… so now I’m gonna make it official so you can’t back out….” Hwasa says while smirking.

“Fine, fine! Do what you want.”

 

……………………………………………………………………………………..

 

A month after their so called secret meet up, Krystal still can’t understand Xui, but then… the bonnie too, is starting to get irritated.

At least it’s much better than the first time we met. And I can see that Xui is trying his best to learn.” Krystal thinks.

Despite all those negative outcome and some negative thoughts, Krystal is still thankful that someone (or whatever you call him) is willing to help , though she knows that it will take time but at least she already got plans.. and it’s just the start of something big. She knows it.

At night after they had their meet up Krystal always keep a journal where she writes everything they talk about and also her plans...she also take time to relax and to at least release some stress out. She tends to write more than think now….

3 months later, Xui can finally write and that makes Krystal more than happy… she can finally ask Xui about everything she wants to know. But before she can even open , Xui hands her a piece of paper and urges her to read it first before saying anything.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

 Every night same dream: Byule is alive….doing what a zombie do….

Wheein is torn between telling Hwasa again about the dream because she already know what answer she will get: ”Its’ just a dream Wheepup.. Maybe you just miss Byule unnie and you try to deny it.”

But she needed someone to talk about it. Also she’s tired of dreaming the same dream over and over again, of not understanding it , of keeping it in . Above all…yes she miss Byule unnie and yes, Hwasa is right but she’s not going to deny it…Why would she? It’s normal to miss someone who you spend your whole zombie life together and even their human life. She’s the best friend that you can literally count with, on anything. Still the dream is bugging her like really bugging her it’s like going back to square one.

”Ha!!!! Whatever!!!!!!……. I’m too tired… I didn’t know thinking this much is exhausting ….” And with that she goes back to asleep.

The next day Solar sees Wheein sitting in a chair with a cup of coffee half way to already cold while looking into nothingness. Bothered, Solar approaches the puppy.

”Wheein-ah, are you owkie?” Upon hearing her name Wheein look at Solar.

”Oh yeah, yeah I’m owkie. Just.. just tired I didn’t sleep that much last night.”

”Do you have problem? You know you can talk to me or Hwasa.”

”I’m good unnie, don’t worry.”

”Owkie if you say so.. oh, it’s almost time I need to go now the commander wants to see me.”

”Owkie unnie, you take care…” But before Solar can walk out the door Wheein called her.

”Unnie… can you give me some techniques to sleep much better at night?” Solar tries to think of something that she usually does when she can’t sleep.

”Mhmmm, usually I drink warm milk and listen to some songs. That helps me… you can try it, might work for you too.”

”Thanks unnie.. I hope it works.”

………………………………………………………….

 

Wheein’s already lying in the bed listening to some music.

”I think this will help me… ahhhhh it feels good…“

A few minutes later, you can hear Wheein snoring.

And that’s when the dream started. It’s still the same. Seeing Byul, the place, the things she does.. until she saw someone, someone lying on the ground lifeless, and another one standing beside the person.. she can’t see their faces but she can make out the gun that the person is holding. But what got her attention is that, the person is so familiar but she can’t figure out who she is. Frustrated, she tries to put her hand on her head. But got startled when she sees blood on her hands… and then she wakes up.

“What was that? Did I kill someone?”

Scared, she hurriedly goes to Hwasa’s room and climbs up the bed.

“What’s wrong?”

”Can I sleep here?”

”Bad dream?”

”Mhmmm.”

”Owkie move closer... it’s only a dream, I’m here.” Hwasa raises the sheet of the bed inviting her to get inside. The latter smiles happily and lies facing her.

Hwasa wraps Wheein’s body gently with the cover and closes her eyes after watching her for 5 seconds.

Wheein fell asleep with a thought of telling Hwasa what her dream is first thing in the morning.

 

On the other hand…

 

Krystal finally knows what she needs to know. And now she’s already trying to make plans. But first she needs to get rid of someone.