Chapter 6

You Are The Reason

 

After they found Byul, Solar got mix feelings, the latter is happy because she finally got the chance to see Byul again. Not only seeing her but being with her too as when they were in the airplane.

But at the same time she felt scared. Scared on how to tell her father about what happen to the zombies, particularly with Moonbyul.

She’s thinking on how to convince him on what she did to them and how she fall in love with Moon AKA the cute and cool zombie.

Then she finally says out loud, ”Haist!!! I don’t know and I don’t care anymore.”

Yongsun releases a deep sigh and makes up her mind, focusing to just enjoy the moment and deal with her father later.

They tour Byul around the community for her to get used to the new place.

“Is it safe for her to go out? Maybe someone will recognize her and they will take her away..” Solar ask her best friend while whispering in her ear so that no one will hear them.

Hwasa eyed her for a moment and continue walking.

”Of course we will not let her walk outside like a lost child. We… or should I say I…. I repeat.. I… will transform her into something that will let your jaw drop and mouth open… hahahaha. Oh wait, you are already head over heels with her so we’ll just wait for the transformation to happen….”

So they let Byul take a shower and change her clothes after that.

”Mhmmh..”  she looks pale so we need a little bit of this and a little bit of that… annnd TADA!!! I’m a genius right?”

Then they start their day as energetic as they can. That’s how Byul starts her adventure in the community.

After walking around for too long they decided to take a rest under a tree a little far from crowded place. Then Hwasa says all of a sudden:

“Byul unnie… tell me where is the secret passage that you use to get in here so I can go outside sometimes.” She bites her lower lip a bit.

Solar’s eyes open widely.

”No, don’t tell her! If you ever do that I will rip your heart out.” while sending deathly stare straight to Hwasa.

”WOW! You’re not that scary….. I mean.. I’m half dead but I can still feel fear that it makes me shiver….” Byul said

”Then Byul zombie unnie, you sneak me out sometimes… call?” she shows her thumbs up cutely trying to make her accept her offer.

Solar frowns worriedly.

”What’s with going outside? It’s like you can see something else there. Besides it’s too dangerous so no! No sneaking out, and she won’t guide you outside either. If you do that…..” Yongsun looks at Byul now.

Yongsun’s deep stare makes Byul’s heart skip a bit.

”I know.. I know. I will not do that or else I’ll be 100% dead by that time… by the way what’s with going outside though?”

”Well, you know that Solar unnie found you. Soooo I wanted to find my own zombie too. Maybe she’s just outside waiting for me.” Hwasa looks at the high walls that separate the community from the exterior world. She imagines an adorable zombie running clumsily to her as her arms are wide open asking for a hug. The scene in her head makes her smile as she wishes for that to happen.

“Hahahha wow Hwasabi.. what you are saying right now is not a joke at all. Relax, you’re imagining things too much..!” Yongsun pinches her nose as she giggles. Why are you looking for a zombie to be a partner? I mean not that it’s not good. ”solar said while looking at Moonbyul.

”You see it’s already common to have a human partner, I want to be different, I want a change…” Hwasa replies.

“You’re out of your mind, Whassssaa.”

Hwasa smirks. “Yeah, but at least I’m not the only one, you squirtle!” she pinches her nose too as a revenge.

Byul gently pat Whasa’s shoulder, making them stop pinching each other’s cheeks.

”I actually… have a friend.. maybe you can meet her next time.”

Her jaw falls open in surprise. Her heart feels ticklish as she blinks.

“Omo.. really?” Hwasa’s eyes shine as stars as her imagination starts creating scenes into her mind again.

Byul nods at her and places her hands in her cheeks, causing her to make a funny fish face.

 

. . . . . .

 

They got home from their little adventure and they are too tired but still got smiles plastered in their faces.

”Sooo how was it.. I mean, being here in the community?” solar ask byul

”It was great. It’s different from what I always see and do outside but it feels good specially that I got to see you again, hehehe…”

“Oh… heyy you, stop your greasiness..“ but solar can’t help but blush a bit more on Moonbyul’s words while it keeps on repeating inside her head.

Suddenly byul said…”Is it owkie for me to call you Yongdonnie? I just wanted to give you a pet name which is unique. And since you like cute stuff.. so that’s why I came up with that… but if you don’t like it it’s owkie also, I’ll just call your name then..”

”Noo.. It’s okay.. I, like it somehow… you can call me that..” Yongsun scratches the back of her head.

Byul can’t hide the smile on her face while Solar was so flustered that she looks like a chili paste.

Then funny Whasa enters the scene.

”Well, sorry to interrupt you, but.. both of you stop with being… whatever coz I’m getting goosebumps with just listening to your conversation.. soo now we need to rest cause it’s been a long day and we still have another long day tomorrow.”

”Are you sleeping here? Asks Solar.

”Yes, why?”

”Well, nothing.. just that you barely sleep in our house. How about your mom?”

”I already told her that I can’t go home tonight since I’m going to be a guard. Someone might do something tonight… mhmmm it can’t happen, it’s too early.”

”Heoolll! Yah, you ert! We’re not gonna do anything.. tonight? We’re not that kind of people..”

”What? I didn’t say anything.. you’re so defensive hahahaha!”

”Owkie, enough with this! Let’s sleep.. I’m also tired. Byul you take the sofa, oki doki?”

Byul just shrug here shoulders as a yes while going to the sofa to take a rest.

This continues for a couple of days. Them having fun and Byul discovering the world of the living. Until one day she received a signal from Wheein.

“We need to meet at the secret passage..”

How did she know about the secret passage? I’ll just ask her when we meet. She thinks.

After receiving the message, Byul made sure that Whasa and solar didn’t know about her plan which is to meet Wheein. When it’s already time, Byul went to the passage. There she saw her which is already there waiting for her.

“Byul!!! Yo! How are you..? I… think I don’t need to ask that. By the look of it, you’re in love… By the smile.. you’re in love and in your eyes you’re in love… by the way you move you’re in love… and a lot of ants are following you..!”

”Stop with the in love word..” Moonbyul emphasizes the word in love.

“But what’s with the ants?”

”Well, I know you’ve been doing some…. sweet things soooo that’s why there’s some ants.. you know. Hahahaha.”

”Owkie, enough with the sweet stuff thing… why did you call me..? Is everything alright..?”

“Oh oh.. yeah, Byul, I came to tell you that the community is in danger. The no face bonnies are planning to attack the place. Everyone! You need to tell your Sun.. I mean Solar about it.”

”It’s not Solar anymore but Yongdonnie… are you sure about it?”

Wheein nods. ”Yeah… as sure as you’re in love with her…”

”Ah.. stop with the love thing this is serious yah know..!”

“I know, I was just teasing you a little, you know me already… don’t worry, I’ll try to convince the others to help the humans on defeating the no face bonnies...”

”Owkie.. then thank you so much for the info, Wheein… I’ll tell Solar as soon as possible about this. You go back safely to the pack, arasso..?”

”Aw, as if something’s going to happen to me.. I’m dead already. But how could you just let me leave without even asking if I already eat or if I need something…. Huhuhu, you already abandoned me.. me, your best friend.. how could you!” Wheein hits her chest dramatically.

”Stop with the drama. You’re having your acting disease again.. besides, I won’t allow you to just kill someone here and eat their brains..”

”Oh no no no. I decided to be on healthy diet.. since brains are too fatty for me. I don’t want to ruin my abs and beauty..”

”Hahahah… yeah right. Maybe next time, when everything is already owkie … besides Solar is still looking for the right time to tell her father about us..”

”Actually tell her that we can’t wait for the so called right time.. because of what I told you, so tell her as soon as possible..”

”Owkie owkie.. I’ll tell her soon.. you better go now too. Maybe someone will see us and I don’t want to be gone for a long time. Yongdonnie might look for me..”

”Fine.. I will leave now. See yah next time, bud.. I will try my best to help you about the bonnies, don’t worry at all, we got your back… you know that.”

The two of them nod at each other.

And so Wheein goes back to the pack with a plan to help Byul and the humans on defeating the no face bonnies, while Byul’s looking for the right words to tell Solar about the attack and how are they going to convince her father and the rest about them and about the upcoming attack.