Chapter 1

You Are The Reason

She walks aimlessly in the streets of Seoul city once again, till she reaches her destination. Always the same thing. Every day same route and finally end her tour to the known Incheon international airport which she calls her haven and where millions of tourists used to visit the beautiful city so many times before.

Just like her, a lot has walk here and there with no direction. Bumping into each other clumsily, groaning as reaction or simply just shrug their shoulders and walk away again as if nothing happened.

With her mind empty of thoughts and memories, she takes a seat at the stool of the bar far from the entrance. Walking in a Zombie way make’s her support her weight against her right foot, unfortunately she loses balance and falls on the floor in a twisted and funny way.

“That…… was…. a dangerous… fall…”

Her completely messy hair, dark circles and incredible pale skin could even scare a ghost if they ever encountered her. Upon reaching the counter, she groans as a way of Greeting while she sits properly and stare blankly at the bartender's dirty outfit that’s standing in front of her holding a bottle of champagne.

Both blink in unison when the bottle crashes to the floor breaking into thousand pieces causing a noise which makes the other zombies to stop and stare at them for a moment.

Few seconds later, they go back to whatever they’ve been doing.... just being zombies.

The guy looks down at the mess he has made. With poker face on, he just groans and kicks the glasses everywhere while he sighs.

Byul looks at him for a while. Then she opens her dry lips to form words.

"I..." she whispers in difficulties, upon hearing her voice, though just a whisper the bartender raises his head to look at her in the eye.

"told you.. many times that... you shouldn't hold a bottle.... like that.." while staring at the guy without  blinking.

After a thousand years of waiting, the bartender finally replies.

"I just wanted.... to take a sip...but it slipped... from my hand...” he whispers back before looking down again.

Byul's eyes close and open to make it look like she’s frustrated before looking at the zombies that are sitting beside her.

Suddenly there pop out a 21 years old girl that tries to be bouncy and acts taller with the other zombies, greets her with a long "Hiii..." and a weak wave of her bony hand.

Byul greets her back with a groan and tap the empty chair beside her.

They’re already talking for a long time but only a few words come out from their mouth…. frustrated byul says”Lets….look….for food.”  The bartender and Wheein agreed since they too are hungry. ”Owkie….. I’ll.. gather the.... others..."

 


 

Human community:

 

"We need volunteers to search for any available medications and food outside, and also search for anything that are still useful. So raise your hands if you want to volunteer.." says the well respected sergeant in front of everyone.

Most of the ones who raise their hands are youngsters who seek for adventure, freedom from the walls that surrounded them for as long as they don’t know, but most of them are just curious on what it is outside and what are there.

Wendy, Irene Hyejin, Eric, Xiumin and Yongsun and their other friends raise their hands with their excited faces, but Eric looks at her girlfriend, patting her on her shoulder.  “Yongsun-ah, it’s too dangerous for you to go, you better stay here at least I would be at ease that I know you are safe..”

She looks at him as she frowns.

”No, I can’t stay here knowing that you will go outside I can’t just stay still in the safe haven of the community while you are risking yourself, besides my friends are going too so I’ll be fine. We'll go together..”

”Well, I know how hard headed you are so owkie I’ll let you go..” Yongsun smiles at him and gives him a peck on his cheek to make him feel calm.

"Don't worry, everything will go perfect and we'll come back and happy end!"

Huuum.. I hope she's right. Let's see what happens...

 


 

Byul’s together with her friends.

Wheein, Hani, Eunji, Sinb and the pack go for brain hunting. Wheein is always in the front since she can use her sense of smell like a dog. She sniffs the air as her intestines react wildly inside her stomach at the smell.

Her eyes open widely and faces the others.

”HUMANSSSSSSSS……. I SMELLLLL HUMANSSSS!!!!! THISSSS WAYYYYYYY...” little by little, they make their way to the building and get inside minutes later.

….

“Did you hear that?” Yongsun warns her friends when she heard a crack sound. Her heartbeat increases its beat at the idea of zombies getting nearer out there.

“Nah! I think it’s just the wind outside..” Xiumin says nonchalantly and keeps looking for medication inside the cabinets. But then again, another banging makes Yongsun look at the door direction. "I'm telling you guys, I just heard a noise again."

Eric says that he will go and check it out, so he steps out of the drug store. But after a few minutes he comes running with zombies following him.

Wheein and Sinb try to catch him wildly with their hands.

“Aaaarghh!”

"Ooow shii..!" Yongsun almost curses because of the shock as the others take every thing that may help them.

Both parties engage in battle.

Byul finds her prey and throws him skillfully to the floor and kills him after a few bites, getting his brain as an award and start to eat some of it.

"Aaaaahhh.."

She groans at the taste with closed eyes, savoring it while chewing it.

”This feeling……. I just love it..” Memories soon start appearing inside her mind. Eric and Yongsun chase each other in a wild green field and end up kissing when they fall on the ground, rolling happily around at the fresh grass.  

“Ohhh he had a girlfriend…. she’s pretty…..” Byul can hear laughs full of excitement and like they are having fun.

She’s back to reality as she was teleported to Eric’s memories and sees a knife stabbed in her chest. When she looks where it came from, a gulping Yongsun look back at her it seems that her world stops.

”Uh, wait, waiiit… am I in heaven? No… no, nooo…., zombies don’t go to heaven. Angels, even god would be scared to death if they see me there…. I think I’m just dreaming... oohhh!! Me cachis! I forgot I don’t sleep. But I feel weird in my chest…. Uuuugh, it’s really… weird….” Byul starts to hit her chest repeteadly with her right hand as she looks down at herself.

”This is weird, ah……. what is this? Heart, be normal….. be normal…. please, be normal….”