Chapter 4

You Are The Reason

After reading the letter that Yongsun left for her, Byul decided to go back to her place.

”There’s no reason for me to stay here and it might be dangerous to be here alone….”

 But the words that Yongsun wrote keep on repeating in her head.

”I hope we will not see each other again…”

She feels something in her chest, feeling of hurt and it’s difficult for her to breath. She’s in emotional mode when she thought, ”I need… to tell…the pack…what Yongsun…do to me..” not even realizing that she’s already crying. Take note, a zombie who cries, that’s it…

Upon arriving in her place, she searches for her best friend.

”Wheein… puppy…. I need to talk to you…”

She greets her with her hand.

”Yooo! You’re already…..talking to me…. and don’t call…..me..puppy.. I’m not a…dog….”

”Says…. the one who’s…..always in ….the front, call…her group a…. pack…, and… sniffs the…air to know if……there’s human…..around….like one… yeah, definitely…you’re not……like a dog….”

Wheein covers with her palm.

“Owkie,….owkie…. what…do you want. But…. before you tell me….about whatever….you want to say…. let me ask… where did you go lasst… lasssst.. aahh… last day? And…where is your…..sun…?”

”My what…?”

“Isn’t it obvious…? Do I need to spell it.. out to you…? Have you been... eating… lately? I think… your brain had… deteriorated….. though… I know it is… already… but it got… worse.. is that what… love does to you…? OMG…! I don’t want to fall in love now… oh well..hahahahha… I forgot…, I don’t… have the… ability to… fall into someone…. good for me.. I’m safe.”

”You’re… not safe…. it’s like… a virus that… can infect…everyone… and I.. will.. give it… to you too. Ha..ha…ha..” Byul says in a scary voice.

 Wheein shakes her forefinger slowly.

”Nah..! I’m a dog so I can’t...have that… ha..ha..ha..” she imitates Byul's laugh style.

”When I… say everyone.. I mean.. everryyy oonneee… including.. dogs… soooo you just wait… you will get it...”

After telling Wheein what happened to her, she said, ”Humm… we need to…. convince the pack.. first and then… the other zombies.. come with me, let’s gather… the pack and tell…them what happen…to you……. don’t include….whatever you had…”

“Intimately…with her…. if you.. had..” Wheein pauses, smiling like a ert making Byul groan.

”You… ert puppy zombie…. is that… what Yongsun do to you? Ha.. hahhaha… at least me…I’m just in love.., not like.. you, you ert..”

Wheein looks away for a moment before she looks back at her.

”Sooooo, now you admit.. that you’re in love?”

”I dont know… I need to be sure, that’s why I need to see her again.. I need to find her… my sun…. that’s according to you….”

 

After talking to the pack.

 

A red haired female zombie lifts a bit her hand.

“Yesss…?” Byul gives her the permission to talk.

“Are you sure about it…? Because we know that people don’t like us… if they see us they will kill us in a blink…. they hate us so much… they won’t give us the chance to talk…”

“Yes.. right…” The others reply in unison.

Byul looks at them all with her serious face.

“Yess.. I’m sure… I don’t even…want to eat….brain now. It doesn’t ….. taste like before. It tastes… bitter and I don’t…. enjoy it anymore... it doesn’t …matter if … they want …us dead.. we’ll show them that we’re .. slowly changing… they will…. understand us. I always feel…. weird in …my chest.. what about… you..?” She looks at every one of them carefully. Then she places her hand on her chest.

“It feels like… my heart …. is beating ….again…” She can feel it weirdly warm.

Wheein steps forward ready to talk too.

”Yeah… actually I quite feel it too… though it’s not really… a regular one, but it’s … beating in a sssllloooowww mmooootttiiiooonnn….” She imitates the heart motions with her hand.

”Owkie… if you say so, we help you convince … the others….” says the red haired zombie. An id card hanging around her neck, has the name of Solji. She used to be a great nurse before.

Wheein nods at her and places her arm around Byul’s shoulders and touches her sternum.

“For you, mighty…. Moonie…. go and find your Sunnie… we will do our best here…. and do your best…. there too…”

Byul looks at her and puts her hand over hers not caring her naughty action at the moment.

”Thanks Whennie… and so Byul go on to her journey to find her sunnie..” they smile at each other and face their pack with determination.

Soyar, you just wait..