Sequel 8

Against the current

15.

Day two passed quickly and now in day three we were at the hotel. Everyone's in their own room. Hoody was still sleeping because I actually got up early. I was pretty rested because they sent me away early so they can go out. Stupid ankle. I was on the balcony when I heard a whistle. Simon was on a balcony next to mine.

''Why are you up so early?''-I asked.

''I never went to sleep.''-he said. I rolled my eyes.

''Are you crazy go to bed now.''-I said and he chuckled.

''Do you think I can sleep alone after I slept with you?''-he says.

''Shhhh, somebody's gonna hear you..''-I say and almost throw my slipper in his face. He laughs. I look at the sunrise. It was beautiful and warm. When I look back at Simon he was looking at it too. Sun rays hitting his face and illuminating his chocolate colored eyes. His cheeks were rosy from alcohol and his jet black hair ruffled. He must have know I was watching him but he didn't turn. He gave me time to look at him. I smile involuntarily. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

''I didn't deny you.''-he said. ''I though you don't want to have anything to do with me and I can understand it believe me, so I said no. But what I said, I didn't finish. I wanted to say that it wasn't cheating because I was not in a relationship with Jane. That day she was with me and we talked. I told her I was done and she wasn't welcome in my life. She cried for an hour or so. I decided to take her home. I didn't know reporters were outside.''-he said and opened his eyes. He looked at me and I could see the struggle he was going through. ''But I am done. So don't torture me and come to me now.''-he says and I can feel my heart leap into his hands. I went inside. I didn't bother changing from my pajamas and I went for the door. I left the room and knocked on the door next to our. Simon opened the door and surprise replaced the sad look he had on earlier. I took his hand and pulled him into the hallway. He was wearing an over sized t-shirt and boxers again. I wasn't much better with my shorts and tank top. A mad passed us and her eyes widened when she realized he was Simon Dominic but I would pay to see her face when I got on my toes and pressed my lips to his. His hand went in my hair and he pressed my head closer to his. I felt my wall crumble and my world merge into his. Somebody pushed us apart. Next to Simon was now standing Gray, he looked pissed off. He didn't look sad, he was plain angry. Like child loosing at his favorite game.

''Excuse me, I need to talk to Jay.''-he said and Simon unlocked the door for him to enter. Gray turned around a little and smirked in my face. ''I thought you deserved better than him. Don't come crawling back.''-he said and closed the door in, now pissed off, Simon's face.

''Son of a .''-he said.

''Don't. Let him be.''-I say and take Simon's hand again. I entwined our fingers. I looked at our joined hands and thought there wasn't more beautiful thing in world than this right now.

''Thank you. For choosing me.''-Simon said.

''There was never an other option.''-I say. He lifted his hand toward my face and gently brushed my cheek with the tips of his fingers. I got goosebumps. His fingers passed my neck to my shoulder to my arm and finally my hand. We never broke eye contact. He leaned close and pressed his lips once again gently on mine.

When I got to my room Hoody was waking up. I was so happy I practically jumped around which probably wasn't that smart because my ankle was still ed up. I sat next to the balcony door and lit a cigarette. Hoody eyed me from the bed.

''What's with you this morning?''-she asked.

''With me? What's with that hickey on your neck?''-I ask quickly changing the subject. Her hand shot to her neck and her cheeks got red.

''Oh god.''-she mumbled.

''That bad huh?''-I asked. She shook her head and smiled.

''That good.''-she said sighing.

''Someone I know?''-I ask and she nods.

''Zico.''-she said. I nod in approval. ''Man that guy can work his tongue like pro.''-she said dreamily.

''So what's with you guys?''-I ask.

''I don't know. I guess we always had a thing for each other but nothing happened until yesterday.''-she shrugged. ''Should I text him?''.-she asks.

''I know zero about relationships, don't even look at me.''-I say.

''Then are you ready to go out again?''-she asked me and I thought about it. Apart from my ankle pain I was alright to go. Now that I got Simon by my side. Does it count as a date then? Or are clubs not dates?

''I will go.''-I say and she claps her hands in delight. I take a sip of water and glance through the balcony door to see Simon outside peeking from his balcony. I almost chocked when water went through my nose. Idiot.

''Are you okay there?''-Hoody asked and I gave her a thumbs up.

Later that day I decided to see a doctor. Because I didn't want to risk anything going wrong tonight. I don't want to be saved always. Damsel in distress. Doctor said I was okay to go as long as I don't put much pressure on that leg. That means I'll be sitting. I haven't seen Simon since this morning. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I don't know where we stand. With my lack of experience I will never know unless someone writes it on my forehead. I was about to enter the hotel when I saw a familiar person exit the taxi. I hid behind a pillar. I lowered my hat on my eyes and walked slowly behind her. She was on the phone.

''I am telling you there is no way. I am here right now. Well even if they are close they won't be after tonight. I am sure Simon can't keep his in his pants for long.''-Lady Jane said and giggled. She is obnoxious. ''Honey, we got six years behind us, he won't leave me. Trust me, he is even begging for my touch when we see each other.''-she said. I couldn't listen to it anymore so I turned around and walked inside an elevator. Too bad she was close to follow. She came inside but she didn't pay attention to who she was with. She wasn't on the phone anymore either. She was checking her reflection and fixing her rouge when my phone rang startling us both. I turned sideways and answered it without checking.

''Hello.''-I say in korean so she doesn't suspect.

''Umm Akira?''-Simon asked.

''Mhm.''-I manage to say.

''What's wrong?''-he asks.

''Nothing.''-I say in korean.

''Why are you speaking korean?''-he asked. ''Oh are you in an elevator? I hear the noise. I am just outside yours I think.''-he said. Oh lord. Why? We heard a ding and elevator stopped. Door opened and revealed Simon in front with his phone on his ear.

''Baby!''-Lady Jane squealed. ''How did you know I was coming?''.-she asked but his eyes went to me as she hugged him.

''Why are you...''-he started to ask when I pressed the button for the doors to close and pressed the floor below us. I am a whimp. I am such a coward.

I exit the elevator and go up by stairs. The door to our floor had a small window so I could see the hallway. There was no one there. I sighed and went for my room. I pressed the key card and opened the door. The room was empty.

''Hoody?''-I call.

''No but I am prettier.''-Gray stepped inside from the balcony scaring the out of me..

''You scared me.''-I say laughing.

''Sorry.''-he said stepping inside. ''Hoody went on a date or something.''-he said.

''With Zico?''-I ask putting my bag on the bed.

''You know about them?''-Gray asked and I lift my brow.

''She is the only woman in my life right now. So yes I know.''-I say. Gray cocked his head to side. Something was off with him and I felt it right away when I stepped inside. I don't know how to put it but it felt like he was a shark or something. He was slowly walking around the room, watching me.

''Are you going out tonight?''-he asked. Maybe it's just my imagination.

''Yeah, I am.''-I say. ''You?''

''Of course. Am I AOMG or not? Then again, I wouldn't miss the show.''-he said smirking.

''What show?''-I ask.

''By the look on your face when you came in, I think you already know Lady Jane is here.''-he said. How could he know if he's been here the whole time? I look away. ''So you do.''-he said.

''Yeah I know, so what?''-a nerve snapped in me.

''Nothing. It is just said to see.''-he said looking serious. Then he left the room.

I wanted to freak out again but I didn't know my boundaries. Me and Simon were still nothing. But somehow I trust him. The look on his face when he saw Lady Jane was matching mine. I sighed. I went on the balcony and cleared my throat a few times. Jay peeked over his balcony. He looked annoyed and sleepy.

''Man I hate her.''-he said. ''Will somebody please let me sleep.''-he cried. I laugh.

''You can come sleep in my bed.''-I say.

''As tempting as that sounds it's too late now.''-he said. I was looking at him without noticing so he looked at me and smiled.

''Don't worry. Simon is looking for another hotel for her. He said he wants nothing with her and that there is another person in his life.''-as he said it something crashed inside their room. ''As you can hear, it didn't go well.''-he said. But my mind was wrapping around the thought of being Simon's person. I smile a little. Maybe I can do this with him. Maybe I can let myself go.