Sequel 2

Against the current

8.

I was gathering courage to enter the room. I thought he'd be in there sitting casually on the couch. But I was about to freeze if I didn't go inside. I slipped in and to my relief he wasn't anywhere to be found. I slowly walked around wondering if I should sleep on the couch until I found the door with a post-it note saying 'your room'. I took it in my hand admiring his neat handwriting. I went inside and on the bed was waiting a shirt and shorts. Men's clothes. Beside was a towel. There was one more door in the room so that must be bathroom. I took my towel and headed for the shower.

Only when the hot stream hit my body I felt myself relax. Why am I unable to open myself to him? I thought I wanted him. Was I wrong? no. I definitely feel the need for him. Much to my dismay, it seems that my need is growing. But he is out of my zone, forbidden fruit. I am way to ed up in my mind.

I put on clothes he gave me. I looked like a hanger inside those huge sheets of fiber. It smelled of him. I sighed and sat on the bed. I heard his phone ring in the other room. The sound was cut short telling me he is awake. What is he doing now? Is he all worked up like me. I don't think so. He is an experienced person. Unlike me, one boyfriend in twenty years. I lied down and covered myself with deep blue sheets. I was more tired that I expected. My eyes closed on their own and soon I was drifting away.

The doorbell rang. Which was weird because we didn't have one at the office. I ignored it but it rang again and again. I threw the sheets off in frustration and stood up. I haven't even opened my eyes and sleepily went for the door. I didn't find the door as my head collided with the wall. My hand flew to my forehead to feel if there will be a bump forming. I looked around and took in unfamiliar surrounding. It hit me like a brick. I was at Simon's. I heard Jay's voice outside and Simon telling that I am still sleeping. I ran to the bathroom and quickly finger combed my hair. I gargled water and washed my face. I took some gum from my bag and chewed it a few times than threw it. I took my clothes where I left them yesterday on the bathroom floor and left the room.

''I'm awake.''-I said. Jay and Simon looked at me for a second and then each other and then the laugh came in. Jay laughed like an idiot for almost three minutes while Simon was already in the kitchen making coffee. I caught his eye and hi bit his lips in order to stifle a laugh. ''Okay.... what the is going on?''-I ask. Jay stood up and came to me. He held up a finger and touched it to my forehead. I flinched a little.

''A bump.''-he said with teary eyes from laughing. ''We heard a thud.''-he said. Nice. I sighed and sat down on the couch. ''Don't worry it doesn't look that bad, put some ice on it and it will go away.''-Jay said joining me on the couch. With him saying that Simon joined us and he put the ice pack in front of me on the table. I took it and pressed it to my forehead.

''What are we doing today?''-I asked Jay. He gave me a sad look. ''What are we not doing today?''-I asked. He had no free time. Like ever.

''I'm sorry. I managed to get myself free for the next week and we will go for a trip so please wait a bit.''-Jay said. I took a sip of warm coffee and nodded.

''Where are we going?''-I ask even though I wouldn't know where it is even if he told me.

''Busan.''-he said and Simon turned to him.

''Really?-Simon asked.

''Yeah. Wanna go? Gray is going with us.''-Jay asked. I was hoping he would say no. but somehow I was glad when he didn't.

''Sure. I would love to go home.''-he said. Home? I get to see Simon's hometown. I smiled a little.

''What are you smirking about?''-Jay asked and I shrugged. Jay stood up and I followed. ''Oh you wait here a bit more. Gray is going to pick you up.''-Jay said.

''Is he never busy?''-Simon asked a bit annoyed. It was hard to resist not looking at him but I stared at the spot on the wall behind Jay, not giving in.

''I guess no. But I cleared his schedule a little just for reasons like this. So she won't be lonely.''-Jay said and I was thankful that he's thinking about me.

''Thanks uncle.''-I say and he made a face.

''Please leave out the uncle. It makes me feel old.''-he said and I laughed.. he fist bumped Simon and left. Simon and I were standing awkwardly by the door. I was still staring in the same spot. He held out an arm and with two fingers he touched my forehead. His fingers were slightly cold so I leaned in a bit.

''I think it will go away soon. What did you do?''-he asked and I pulled away walking toward the couch.

''Ran into a wall. Walking with eyes closed makes you do that.''-I say and he laughs sitting beside me, so close our thighs were touching. And he could have sat anywhere on it since it was pretty big, but he chose to sit closely to me.

''I'm sorry for yesterday. I was kinda out of it.''-he said silently. There it goes. The I didn't mean it stuff. Cliché. ''You make me go out of it.''-he added. Oh boy I was wrong. My palms started sweating. Not my place, not my place.

''I..''-I didn't know what to say but thankfully I was saved by the bell. Gray was here. I have never been happier to see someone in my life. Simon stood up and went to the door but he was mumbling something in Korean in his chin and it had a heavy dialect so I didn't understand anything. When Gray came in my was still glued to the couch. I stared blankly at him as he smiled. He talked with Simon for a minute or two but I could see Simon wasn't in the mood so he walked into his room. Gray looked at me.

''Is he mad about something?''-he asked me.

''I don't know.''-I said. ''Let's go.''-I stood up, grab my stuff and head for the door. Gray grabbed my elbow.

''What happened to your forehead?''-he asked.

''Ran into a wall.''-so much for that it doesn't show. Gray laughed a little.

''You fool.''-he said and touched my head. It wasn't flirty it was casual. And I was glad I could have a good friend here.

 

We came into the office and I excused myself to change. I closed the bathroom door and stared in horror at the mirror. My hair was all over the place, I was sporting a red bump on my forehead and I had eye bags that were reaching my knees. I didn't like make up but I guess it's unavoidable now. I managed to cover it all but you could still see it from the side. If only I had bangs to cover it. But I hated bangs. I changed into black pants with ripped knees and white shirt. I put on my black ankle boots and took my leather jacket. It was raining and windy today.

''Are you ready?''-Gray asked when I came out of the bathroom. Suddenly he laughed. I looked at him weirdly but he just motioned on his black jacket and attire. We were dressed the same. Now I was laughing too. ''Don't steal my swag.''-he said.

''Don't worry.''-I said laughing. ''We can go. Where are we going anyway?''-I ask.

''First we get something to eat and then we can go wherever. I got strict instructions to keep you moving so you wont be bored.''-he said. ''By the way, Jay bought you something.''-Gray said pointing to the bag on the table. I didn't have to even look inside to know what it is. He bought me a phone. An iPhone to be exact. Oh wow. How do you even use an iPhone? I unpacked it and turned it on. ''You like it?''-Gray asked.

''Like it? I love it.''-I say. It was rose gold color. I have never seen a prettier phone. He put something on the table. An AOMG phone case. I laughed but put it on anyway. The only number in it was Jay's. ''Give me your number.''-I said. Gray took the phone and typed in the digits.

''How you gonna name me?'-he asked. I thought saving him with Gray but since he asked maybe that is not a good idea. I thought about it for a minute. I gave up.

''I really don't know.''-I say and he just smiles. ''Seong Hwa.''-I say and I think he likes it.

''Thank you for saving it with my real name. I rarely hear it these days.''-he said.

''I like your name.''-I say. He blushed a little and I wondered if I went to far. Sending wrong signals. I got enough love problems as it is.

We came to a secluded little restaurant not far from office but not not far from Simon either. I kept glancing across the street where his apartment was. We were on a higher floor than his. He had the windows tinted so you couldn't see inside. But he could see outside so I turned quickly. I sighed and looked at Gray who sat across me. We were eating pasta and he got the sauce all over his mouth. I laughed and took a napkin. I know koreans are more conservative so I just handed it to him without touching his face. He took it and wiped his mouth. At first we were both kinda pretending to be classy with eating but after a while we were like pigs. He was talking about his love for music and how he was lucky to get in a label like AOMG and his life is great. And we talked about my life back in Vegas but I didn't have much to tell. He asked me if I were to stay here for good would I.. and frankly I didn't know.

''Excuse me are you Gray? You must be. Can I have your sign?''-a lady in her late twenty's came by our table. My Korean is getting better and better. Gray smiled.

''Yes of course.''-he said. She took out a pen and paper and gave it to him he signed and and wrote something underneath. She thanked him and left. I stared at him. ''What?''-he asked.

''Oh, nothing. I wondered if I should do the same.''-I say.

''What, give her a sign?''-he asked and I laugh.

''No, take your sign.''-I say and he laughs too.

''What for? I am your friend you can just take me.''-he says jokingly.

''You're right.''-I say. I turn to my left and glance on the street. From Simon's building exited a girl that seemed all too familiar to me. Lady Jane. My eyes followed her walk. Soon after the building door opened again and a guy in jeans and dark red hoodie walked out. He was wearing a mouth mask but it was clearly Simon. He went to his car and got into a drivers seat, Lady Jane followed and sat next to him. They drove off quickly. My fork dropped to my plate startling me.

''Everything okay?''-Gray asked. He followed my look to now empty parking space.

''Yeah.''-I manage to say.

We left two hours later and headed for Gangnam I think. We got zero privacy. I don't mean in a romantic way but in a normal way. People were screaming (girls), taking photos, following, asking questions and small crowds turned into big ones. Soon my sightseeing turned into that I can't see and we had to leave. We didn't head for the office. We parked next to Han river. There was a little shop there and next to it were bikes which you could rent. Gray went into the shop and I waited outside. It wasn't raining anymore and it was quite warm without the wind. The sun was settling and I enjoyed the breeze on my face. Few minutes passed and Gray came with two bottles of water, two hats, one white other black and gray mouth masks. I took the white hat and a mouth mask and put it on. He did the same. We rented bikes for an hour and started riding next to the river. It was so relaxing not to think about anything here. Not getting stressed over getting home and wondering what my mother will about this time or Jace over analyzing me over my lack of emotions.

''Can I ask you something?''-I say.

''Sure.''-Gray said.

''Simon and Lady Jane, what's the deal with it?''-I aks.

''I don't even know myself. But they are on and off all the time. They were in a six year relationship. I bet it's hard for them to end it.''-he said. Holy . Six years. We rode in silence for couple of minutes and I almost fell off my bike when he asked me a question. ''Are you into him or something?''-Gray asked and I fake a laugh but he was serious.

''No, just gossip thirsty.''-I lie and he laughs.

''Women.''-he said. ''He's a player. You know, there wasn't a time when he was alone like in years.''-Gray said. I had a feeling about it before so now I just feel nauseated. I sighed and pedaled faster.

 

9.

When I came to the office I was exhausted. I didn't even have the strength to shower. I opened the window and sat to the floor next to it and leaned on the wall. I was about to drift away when my cellphone rang and scared the out of me. I forgot I had it. Jay was calling.

''Yeah.''-I answer.

''Hey.. did you have a good time today?''-Jay said but u barely heard him over the ear blowing music blaring beside him. How can he do this almost every night.

''Yes it was great. Next time you should come really. You are my uncle and I see you the least.''-I say. There was people chanting and glass clinging noise.

''I'm sorry. We will have great time in Busan I promise you. We're at the club, you wanna come?''-Jay asked. I heard a female voice beside him telling him to hang up and drink.

''No, I'm beat. Thanks for the invite. Did you get yourself a lady?''-I ask and laugh a little.

''Nah, it's just Lady J.''-he said and my smile faded. ''If you want I can tell Gray to pick you up, he is on his way here.''-Jay said.

''No. I'll stay this time. Good night and have fun.''-I say.

''Okay if you want. Good night Aki.''-Jay said and hung up. I stood up and took off my clothes. I took Simon's clothes I slept in this morning with an intention of putting it away but I slipped into his shirt and went to sleep.

In about half an hour I heard my window close. It was dark and I didn't want to move. I took a peak with my one open eye and saw a dark silhouette standing in the corner. Nobody except Jay and me had the keys. And Simon. I closed my eye in frustration.

''Go away.''-I said grumpily. I hated when someone woke me up just as I fall asleep. It was the worst.

''I'm sorry. I needed a place to hide.''-he said. ''You can continue with your sleep, I promise I'll be quiet.''-Simon said in a hushed voice. It's not about the noise, it was about his presence and I knew sleeping was over for me.

''Why are you hiding?''-I said still not opening my eyes. I wasn't sure if he had heard me because there was no answer at first but I heard him shift and clear his throat.

''I didn't want to go to the club tonight so I said I was out of town.''-Simon said.

''But you came to the office. You're so gonna get busted.''-I say.

''Not really. They will look for me at my house but not here because they know you're sleeping here so they won't bother. You are kinda my cover.''-he said. Maybe I was more tired than I thought or not opening my eyes was effective but I was getting sleepy again. I didn't hear him walk so he was still standing by the window. I pointed to the armchair beside the sofa with my finger.

''Sit down and sleep. Don't stand there like a creep.''-I said. He laughed silently and I heard him walk closer. He didn't sit on the armchair but on the floor beside me. My arm fell down and was dangling from the sofa. I didn't have any strength so I just left it there. Moments passed until I felt a warm touch of fingers on mine. I didn't move. He slowly lifted my arm and I thought he was going to put it beside me but he suddenly stopped midair and put it down again. His fingers on mine.

I don't know for how long I was asleep but when I woke up he was gone and it was still the middle of the night. So much for hiding. I don't know how koreans manage to drink so much water all the time. I want to pee like every thirty minutes or so. I woke up because my bladder reached it's limit. I tapped my foot around me on the floor in the dark even though my luck is that I might just kick everything on my way. I walked into the bathroom and the light blinded me. I covered my eyes and went for the toilet with my eyes closed only to bump into a semi-hard surface. I gasped and opened my eyes. Simon was peeing. Like right now in front of me. He didn't even budge. I almost fell on my trying to run away and kicked my hipbone on the sink

''!''-I yell holding my hip. Pulsating pain spreading down my leg, but it didn't linger for long.

''I would say.''-Simon said when he came from the bathroom. I ran inside because a moment more and I would pee myself.

''I thought you left.''-I said from inside.

''Yeah. To pee.''-he said. ''If you wanted to see my junk you could have said so.''-he added.

''Oh please, if I wanted to see your junk I would have done so.''-I say washing my hands.

''You wish.''-he said.

''Maybe you do too.''-I say

''Touche.''-Simon said.
I came into the room thankful that the lights were off because my face was a tomato.

''What time is it?''-I ask.

''Almost four.''-he said. I groaned and buried myself in the blankets.

''Can't you go home now?''-I ask.

''It's way more fun here.''-he said and my heart did a thing again.

''I wanna bet you'd have more fun at the club.''-I say.

''Why?''-he asked.

''All your favorite people are there.''-I say.

''So?''-he asks.

''And your girlfriend.''-I say quietly. He laughs.

''I don't have one.''-Simon said. Well, it's not like Gray didn't tell me that he was a player.

''Liar.''-I scoff.

''It's true.''-he said.

''Lady Jane dude.''-I say annoyed.

''She is my ex. Nothing more.''-Simon said.

''Right.''-I say turning my back to him, trying to fall back asleep. I had a feeling he wanted to say something else but his phone rang scaring us both.

''What?''-he said in korean. He was trying to keep his voice down but I can tell he was annoyed. I heard music and a woman laugh so I didn't need to guess who it was. I squeezed my eyes tighter. ''I don't know.''-he said. ''I'm not home, I told you already.''-he practically growled. Maybe there is some trouble between them. ''I don't know when I'll be home. Maybe I just move out for good.''-he said and I heard a beep. ''Are you awake?''-Simon asked me. I didn't answer.

Morning came fast and rude. Jay woke me up with a water gun. A ing water gun. He sprayed it in my ear. It first I was pissed but now it's just hilarious.

''For god's sake please answer the boy. Tell him you're alive.''-Jay said and I looked at him like he was retarded. ''The boy from Vegas. He's been mailing me non stop for three days.''-he said. I knew I have to call them but I have been putting it off. Maybe I didn't want to admit I was actually having a good time. I took my phone to check in on my Facebook and almost choked. There was a picture of me and Simon on my background. Or more like Simon's selfie with me sleeping and looking horrible. I giggled. I checked the gallery and there were three more pictures like that one and one with only him. Something was telling me that this wasn't the only thing he had done. I went into my phone book and saw three numbers. First Jay, then Seong Hwa and then Ssam D. I smiled a little. At least I didn't have to go trough asking him for a number later. I set his picture for his caller id. At last I log in my Facebook and see my inbox is at it's peak. Twenty one messages from Jace, thirteen from my mother, I guess Jay kept her in check, and nine from my only female friend Haley. I only answered my mother. I said 'I'm fine.' and that was it. I logged out after a minute or so and put my phone away.

''So what have you got in store for me today?''-I asked Jay.

''Is there something you wanna do?''-he asks me.

''Well.. I have been looking to run away from the heat. So aqua-park?''-I ask.

''Damn.. I can't go but now I wanna so bad. Sure, we got awesome aqua-parks.''-he said leaning back in his chair. There was a knock on the door and a moment later Loco, Gray and Simon came in. ''She want's to go to the aqua-park. You up for it Gray?''-Jay asked.

''Gray always goes with me. I am sure he has work to do. I can go alone just someone drive me and I'm good.''-I say putting a stop to this nonsense. A man has to have some kind of life.

''I can g..-''-Gray was cut off by Simon.

''I will go. I have time today.''-Simon said leaning on the door frame looking like a ing model.

''Okay you two go then.''-Jay said.

''Wouldn't that be a bit of a problem?''-I asked. ''Since he's famous.''-I say.

''Not if we lay low.''-Simon said. I sighed.

''Fine.''-I say and stand up. I took my backpack and pushed my bikini inside quickly. Having all these man and no privacy is a bit tricky. I changed into a white knitted dress and black flip flops. I put on a black hat and large sunglasses. I came out and everyone was staring. ''What?''-I ask.

''That's even more suspicious.''-Loco said and I took off the glasses. I took my phone and put it in my backpack. Simon watched me as I was putting it inside and I knew he was eyeing my reaction to the picture. I gave him a thumbs up and he laughed. I was almost out the door when I turned to Jay again.

''I wanna get a tattoo here.''-I say.

''Sure, I will hook you up with my artist.''-he said. It was on a whim. But I loved tattoos and they were only a way to make my body prettier and filled with memories and meaning.

After a few minutes we were in Simon's apartment. He needed his trunks and change of clothes. I was walking toward his kitchen to take a bottle of water when he came out his room wearing only his swimming trunks. If anything was shameful right now, it was the way my eyes wouldn't move from his body.

''Can you please put on the sunscreen for me?''-he said handing me the tube and turning his back to me. I hesitated for a moment but I squeezed the lotion in my hand and pressed it to his back. His body was covered in goosebumps. I could feel his heartbeat a little higher than regular. I spread it quickly. As soon as I was finished my hands left his back but it was like they were burning from the touch. A small moan escaped my lips and I turned away from him. I pulled my hair into a bun and put a hat over it. I opened the fridge and took out the bottle when his fingers touched my neck. He put lotion on for me. I didn't even realize I was standing in front of an open fridge until his fingers left my skin. I was in some deep .