Simon's POV (two short stories)

Against the current

Simon's POV

-First glance

He was just using me this time. This is plain cruel. Just because I live close to the office doesn't mean he could send me to get stuff for him all the time. It's getting annoying. When Jay asked me to be co-CEO to AOMG I though I had more important things to do than fetching his stuff. I stomp on the stairs in frustration and enter the company. Apart from someone in the studio the building was empty and dark. I reach the office and pull out my keys. I didn't see so I reach my hand inside to turn on the lights. I was a few steps in when I realized the office wasn't empty. I girl stood by the window. I stopped in my tracks. She looked scared so I tried not to move. But I still didn't know who she was. Should I call the security? She glanced to her side and I followed her look. A baseball bat. Oh no. my hands shoot up involuntarily.

''Don't, please.''-I say. ''I work here.''-I add quickly. She sighs and stands straighter. She was clearly annoyed. She paced around the window and I could see she was angry. ''Are you okay?''-I asked. She looked at me. Straight in the eyes. She bit her lip and hesitated to answer. Maybe she knows who I am. I went to take off my mask but she turned around. She didn't care. I left the mask on and put ma hand in my pocket.

''I'm fine. Take what you need and leave.''-she said. There was something in the way she said 'I'm fine.' like there is a certain strength behind it, or is it a weakness. She looked at herself in the reflection and then down at her shirt. I could see she rolled her eyes. In that moment I took her in. all of her. Her wild pink hair, her tattoos, her bare legs. She was small but she looked like she could kick . But still something made me wish I could put myself in front of her when she faces danger. I take a step without noticing and then stop myself. She half turned. I could see she wanted to look at me but she didn't turn all the way. I could see her profile but there was hair on her face and my hand itched to move it. I silently laughed to myself. When was the last time I was this intrigued by a woman? Not since her...

''Are you Jay's niece?''-I ask suddenly remembering.

''Yeah.''-she says. Then she glanced at me quickly, she looked at my mask then my eyes again. Something told me she really wanted my mask to stay on. I could finally get a good look at her eyes. Even though I knew she was half korean half japanese, there was still something exotic and wild about her eyes, but in the same time they were timid. My phone suddenly rang and I barely manage not to jump. It was Jay.

''I got it Jay.''-I say wanting to end the conversation quickly. He laughed which threw me off a bit.

''Did you meet her?''-he asked. Son of a . It was a setup.

''Yeah I met her.''-I look at her and see she is listening closely.

''How did you manage to survive? I thought she would kick your when you walk in.''-Jay said.

''I don't know.''-I say. ''Even though I am really glad for this setup, do it again and I will kick your .''-I add quickly and hang up. I put the phone back into my pocket. By the window was an ashtray and I look over the room until my eyes fall on the box of cigarettes on the table. She smokes. I took a step forward trying to see what brand they were. I was close to her and I could smell the shampoo on her. The scent almost threw me off and I paused to collect my thoughts. I still couldn't figure out the brand so I just took the box in my hand, I had to hold something so I don't go for forbidden things. It was quiet. ''This is bad for you.''-I say without a reason and almost roll my eyes at myself. I put the box in my pocket and almost run away. I couldn't control my movements at all. I shut the door behind me and stand still. There was a mumbling sound than I heard something hit the door, by the sound of it, a lighter. A laugh escaped me and I quickly walked away.

The next day she was nowhere to be seen. I hate to admit it to myself but maybe I did spend more time in the bathroom this morning, and maybe I did dress up just a bit. I was in the studio for three hours now recording. I was kind of hoping she would walk in and think I'm cool, but now the technician working on my song was thinking that I am plain stupid for still being in the booth. I was starting to give up when somebody stopped the music. I turned to see Gray and her standing there. She was watching me with narrow eyes. I took my earphones off and left the booth. I fist bumped Gray even though I didn't even look at him. My eyes were on her the whole time. Gray turns to her.

''This is Aki. She's Jay's niece.''-he said. There was a joke between us in the company so I laugh loudly causing her to give me a strange look.

''For a minute there I thought you would say daughter.''-I say and we laugh, but Aki doesn't. I hold out my hand for her. ''I am Simon Dominic.''-I say. I could see her chest stopped moving.

''Akira.''-she said taking my hand. I took all of my power not to pull her against me. When our skin connected... I felt myself weaken.

 

* * * * *

 

-Done for

I took off my black boots and stepped into the sand. It was warm, almost burning under my feet. The smell of the sea was intoxicating. I haven't been home in a long time. Busan. We all played together like some kids and there were people who joined us. I didn't find it strange since it happened a lot because we were famous. We were laughing and joking around in the sand. Everybody except her. Akira walked over to the sea. Water was up to her ankles. She looked over the sea and crossed her arms across her chest.

I still couldn't forgive myself for being so stupid in front of that reporter and for not explaining anything to her later. Now she wouldn't even look at me. In the car she slept all the way. It was sort of a gift to me so I could watch her without interruptions. Here and there my knee brushed against hers and it sent electricity up my leg. I have never met a girl who made me so ually frustrated just by shaking hands. Even her slightest touch made me burn from inside out. It was eating me up how she is so close to me yet so far.

Jay walked up to her. Even if he is her uncle I was still jealous of him, he could at least talk to her, hear her voice. He said something to her and she shook her head. He pointed his thumb behind him and she looked around. Her eyes found mine. In that moment everything inside me shifted. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. The wind blew strands of her pink hair across her cheek and the sun behind her made her glow. I felt like somebody set me on fire. It wasn't bearable. My heart was pounding and my knees were weak. I had to look away. As if I didn't know before, now I was sure. I was so ed up, so deep in love with her. 

 

 

 

PS-IF YOU WANT ME TO WRITE ANOTHER SIMON'S POV OF ANY SITUATION, TELL ME, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO. THANK YOU FOR READING :)