Sequel 10

Against the current

17.

The smell of heavy alcohol was nauseating. My stomach turned every time I entered that room. My palms were sweating and my heart was threatening to give out. I held the money in the envelope like my life depended on it. Because it did. I knocked on the door and my father said to come in. I turned the door knob painfully slowly. I peeked inside and he was sitting by his table and drank. The room was filled with smoke. He looked up at me and I saw his face was blank. He didn't look angry and my chest filled with hope.

''My daughter. Come come.''-he said. His words were slurry and I knew he was drunk. ''Sit.''-he said patting the table. I slowly walked over. ''Come on! Don't be a coward!''-he yelled and my whole body shook. I walked faster and stood by the table. I held out my arm and gave him the envelope. He took it and counted the money. ''I told you to sit.''-he said. He didn't yell but his voice was firm and I knew better than to not listen. I sat on the table.

''Is it enough?''-I ask.

''Who gave you permission to speak?''-he asked still counting.

''I am sorry.''-I said.

''Shut the up.''-he said. ''Where is the rest of it?''-he asked looking at me now.

''That is all I have.''-I say. I wouldn't dare to take any.

''Don't lie to me Akira.''-he said. He threw the envelope in his desk drawer. ''But we can bargain today. It is your birthday after all.''-he said. Maybe he let's me go. Maybe he really let's me go this time. ''I don't approve of my daughter walking around like this.''-he said pointing to my shorts. ''Showing skin.''-he said looking at my legs. He took his cigarette and my hope shattered in the same time as the burning tip touched my skin. I wasn't allowed to make a sound so only tears came out. He made a burning circle on both of my legs. The sizzling sound made me want to throw up. ''Now you won't show them any more.''-he said and I stood up. I went for the door. ''Not yet.''-he said behind me and I froze. I bit my lip trembling. ''Lock the door.''-he said. I stood frozen for a minute. ''Didn't you hear me!?''-he yelled and I locked them. ''Come here.''-he said as he stood up and walked toward me. He held a pocket knife in his hand. I was sure my life was going to end when he slashed my clothes and I stood half . I couldn't believe what was happening. Out of all things this was the worst. I was so scared and my panic was through the roof so I fainted. I didn't feel much until I woke up much later in the hospital and they told me my father died of heart attack. Nobody asked anything and I didn't either. I didn't talk for two weeks. I managed to survive it but I didn't feel like living at all. And the worst of all is, I still don't know what happened after I out....

I heard a camera. I blinked a few times because my eyes were blurry. There was a sharp pain on the back of my neck. I was still lying face down on my bed. My wrists were stinging from being tided up and when I tried to move them it felt like my skin was on fire.

''Does it hurt?''-Gray said crouching so I could see his face. It showed concern. How could he be the same person who I spent most of my time here with. I started crying again against my will. ''Don't worry I didn't do anything to you yet. You were out of it a little so it wasn't fun.''-he said. I felt nauseated.

''You are sick.''-I manage to say. He caressed my face with his fingers and I closed my eyes because I couldn't stand his touch. His fingers tangled in my hair.

''Oh now what are we going to do about this?''-he asked me showing me his fingers smudged with blood.

'' you.''-I say. His face changed a bit but he forced a smile. He took his phone and took a picture of me. That was the camera sound. He threw his phone on the pillow and stood up. He grabbed my elbow and pulled me to turn me around. He was looking at my body since I was in my underwear and I never felt more disgusted.

''It's too bad you know. This beautiful body is full of scars. You should be happy that I want you.''-he stepped toward me and I lifted my legs and kicked him in the stomach. He tumbled back and gasped for air. He cursed. I rolled of the bed and started to run. I couldn't break my arms free and I knew he was going to catch up with me. I slammed into the door and screamed. Somebody has to hear me. Gray grabbed my hair and pulled me away from the door. ''I told you not to scream didn't I.''-he said. I wanted to kick him with my knee but he avoided it. He pushed me against the wall and pressed his body against mine. My face was in pain from the impact with the wall. ''Now the fun starts.''-he said. I heard him unbuckle his jeans and he tossed them aside along with his shirt. He pulled my hair again and I screamed in pain. The price was another kick in the ribs which were, now I am sure, broken. I could barely breath because pain was unbearable. He pushed me on the bed and I cried. I was only thankful to my post traumatic stress triggering the blackout I feel coming. There was a knock on the door. My head shoot up. I tried to scream for help but he covered my mouth with his hand and pressed so hard my jaw hurt.

''Room service!''-staff yelled. But the voice...

''We don't need it!''-Gray yelled back. Knock came harder this time.

''Room ing service!''-it was Jay! I cried so hard and my heart was rapid. Jay banged on the door and kicked it a few times.

''!''-Gray said stumbling off me. He fell on his and crawled fast for his clothes. But no matter what he did he couldn't hide the fact that he was about to me.

''Jay!''-I cried. ''Jay!''-I was out of breath.

''Akira! Hold on I am coming.''-he said and kicked the door one last time. The door broke loose and he barged in with everybody. Hoody came running to me and she freed my arms. She wrapped me with sheets and stood me up. I cried on her shoulder and she hugged me tightly. I saw Jay run to grab Gray by his neck and he punched him bad until he was knocked out bleeding. He threw some more punches.

''Stop! Jay! Let's just call the police. Leave him.''-I said.

''I will kill him I swear!''-Jay said and his face was pure rage.

''No! Stop. Please.''-I say. I wanted to run away from all of this and I don't need any more violence. He let go of Gray's body and stood up. He came to me and hugged me.

''Let's go to the hospital.''-he says. ''Hep please stay here until police arrives, Crush you too.''-they nod and sit by the table keeping an eye on Gray's body. I couldn't walk. Jay lifted me and went inside the elevator. People watched us as we passed the hallway. I hid my face in his shoulder. He grabbed the first taxi and put me inside. Hoody and Zico were just outside and told us to go first. Somewhere in the middle I fell asleep.

Pain shot trough my right side and I woke up. Two doctors were standing on each side of me.

''I am sorry. It looks like you have two or three broken ribs and a skull fracture at the base of your head.''-one doctor said. I tried to nod but it hurt so I didn't.

''You have a slashed lip but it took two stitches so we sew that up and it will heal in about two weeks or so. You have burn marks from, umm, the belt.''-it was uncomfortable for him to say it. ''We put some ointment on it and bandaged it, it will itch but please refrain from touching it.''-he said. ''We ruled out a concussion so don't worry about that. We gave you some pain killers so you should be able to sleep if you want. We only need to do a full body scan so you can relax.''-they said and one doctor smiled. I was too numb to return it. They left and I was alone in a room. A soft knock came on the door and Jay came in. He sat beside my bed afraid to touch me. I saw his hands shake.

''I am so sorry.''-he said and when his voice broke I realized he was crying. ''I don't know how could I not see this side of him. I don't know. Aki... I will kill him if you say so.''-he said.

''No.''-I whispered. My throat hurt and I didn't sound like myself. ''I am okay now.''-I say and Jay bent down and laid his forehead beside me and cried silently. After a few minutes he lifted his head. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy and his face wet.

''Others are outside. They want to see you but I will tell them you're sleeping if you want.''-I nod. ''He is custody. Don't be afraid. Police took more than enough evidence to put him in jail. You're safe.''-I heard that before. I sighed. I felt empty inside. I didn't know what life has in for me anymore and I'm tired. I am tired of everything. Maybe it would be better if Gray just killed me right there. Then I wouldn't be left with these scars and memories. I wouldn't be haunted and scared for the rest of my life. Now I can only feel pain.