Sequel 4

Against the current

11.

It took me a while to process what Gray just said. I just stood there staring at him. He looked me straight in the eyes like he was trying to reach into my mind.

''Would you fall in love with me?''-he asked. The door behind me opened and Simon's hand crept around my waist.

''Didn't you hear that she loves me?''-Simon asked. I pushed his hand away.

''I think you should go home.''-I say. ''You've got some explaining to do to your girlfriend.''-I spat out.

''Look I am getting sick of it. Of feeling sorry for her. I broke up with her months ago, maybe even a year ago. And all of you keep pushing her to me again. Well it doesn't work that way.. she is using you and she is using me. She leaches of me and I am tired., I wanna go to clubs with my friends and I can't because she's there. I wanna go home, I can't because she's there. I am tired of her. And she is not my girlfriend. And Gray, you, Jane was falling for you and you know it, so when I cheated you acted like a saint. God forgive me but I maybe am evil but I didn't want to cheat, something just happened. But we both knew we were about to break up and she was about to leave me for you. After six years man. So you.''-Simon said. I have never seen him this angry before. ''But since Jay was talking about his niece for months now you were so interested and she saw that. She had nowhere to go except for me and then her friend passed away and she came to me in the middle of the night and I let her stay and since then I was soft on her and everybody keeps making assumptions that we are dating. But I will not have it any more. I am done. And I will fight you for Akira fair and square.''-he said. I looked at Gray but his face gave away nothing. If anything I have never seen him so expressionless.

''Fine. But I hope you are prepared to lose because we know who Aki will choose.. that's if she want's a chance at a real relationship.''-Gray said and left the room.

''I don't plan on loosing.''-Simon said next to me.

''And I don't plan on playing at all. Leave me out of this.''-I say turning to him only to find him bent close to my face. We were breathing the same air. Sparks flew from his eyes into mine. I knew Gray didn't stand a chance. Simon leaned close, our lips were almost touching. I closed my eyes but I only felt emptiness. I opened them again and found him walking toward the door. Damn him. Somehow I wanted to find a reason to be mad at him. But... I couldn't.

''What are you going to do about the scandal?''-I ask. He turned to me and smirked.

''Claim it. I gotta go. See ya tomorrow beautiful.''-now some girls may like when a guy calls them beautiful but it just makes my stomach turn. I pretend to gag and he laughs leaving the office. My stomach growled and I look at all the untouched food on the table. Let's dig in. Alone. All this food.

I was excited for the week to come. I can't wait to travel with Jay. Today he managed to get some free time and go shopping with me because we had a suitcase and it was almost empty. I bought several dresses and sandals because it was scorching hot and I plan on not dying any time soon.

''Try this on.''-Jay said handing me a crop top. I shook my head. ''Why?''-he asked.

''It's cool but it wouldn't suit me.''-I say.

''Come on you've gotta try it on at least.''-Jay said.

''I really don't think so.''-I say hoping the discussion would end.

''Yes it would look awesome on you.''-a sales lady joined in. great.

''See? Maybe you should buy it.''-Jay said.

''No. Put it back.''-I say firmly and turn away. I hear a click of a hanger and sigh with relief.

''Is it that bad?''-Jay asked and I looked at him. He had a sad expression, I was getting tired of those looks.

''Yeah it is bad. It was bad, it will be bad forever. I don't want to talk about it so drop it.''-I say.

''I offered Jessica to send you to me but she refused, she was stubborn. Unfortunately that cost you a lot. I am sorry I didn't insist on it. I really am.''-Jay said.

''Don't worry. It's over. Son of a is underground now.''-I said.

''He wasn't always like that.''-he says and I can't help but painfully remember all the happy times I had with my father. Just like any family. Happy. And then trouble with work came, he was home less, when he was he drank. He kept mixing pills and alcohol and it was fatal for everybody. I had a new bruise every day. Luckily it was at parts of my body I could cover. And a bit of make up did the rest. I was never good enough any more. He wanted me to work but I did all I could and it still wasn't enough. If I didn't bring him enough money at the end of each day he would put out cigarettes on my body while I knelt next to his desk. If I cried he would hit me with a belt with a metal pin that slashed my skin. I winced as Jay's arm brushed mine.

''Are you okay?''-he asked.

''Fine.''-I say and continue walking.

After a while we were hungry so we decided to go eat fast food. Which was proven as a bad idea when about eighty people started following us. We came by a small diner and went in and sat in a far corner. Everybody was old enough not to recognize Jay but the still stared, because who wouldn't. We managed to eat in peace for half an hour when some high school girls sat next to an elderly couple that were their grandparents I guess.

''Is that her?''-one said.

''Of course it is. Don't you see the pink hair?''-other said.

''And he left Lady Jane for her?''-one said and I wanted to turn to flip them off but that would be a bad idea.

''Why? She looks cool.''-other said. Oh yes! Maybe I win this one.

''Look how young she is. Simon is thirty she's gotta be at least nineteen.''- one said.

''No way.''-other said. ''But you know Simon, this won't last long probably, he said he misses playing around. This is probably it.''- other said. Nope, not winning.

''Maybe she is some kind of an attention .''-one said and Jay looked up from his food.

''That's enough. Be nice or go away to gossip somewhere else.''-he was pissed. The girls shut up immediately and got red in the face.

''You didn't have to do that. They can think what they want.''-I say.

''As hell they do. They already let themselves go far enough.''-Jay said. ''I'm not an idol. I don't care about my image. I can say to them what I want.''-he said still drilling them. I chuckle.

''Thanks uncle Jay.''-I say and he snorts.

''Uncle Jay...''-he said. ''Man I feel old.''-he laughs. ''Did you think about staying here?''-he asked.

''Not really. I still don't know anything or anyone. And I can't possibly work here.''-I say.

''Why not? You will work for me. Sure we can find something.''-he said.

''Really?''-I asked considering the offer.

''Yes really. If you want.''-he said.

''I will think about it.''-I say. Jay looked over my shoulder and cursed silently. I didn't have to guess twice to know there were paparazzi. He drilled the girls again and they just laughed. How evil can somebody be? I glared at them. We got up, payed the bill and left the diner.

After half an hour I was in the office again, Jay went off on his schedule again and the company was empty. I was bored as hell but I had no choice but to stay in or get beat up by people outside. Things aren't going well for me. Jay ended up on the internet for being rude for 'no apparent reason'. Man if I saw those girls again I would shave their heads. A day passed without Simon or Gray I was beginning to hope they have settled things between them and they would leave me alone when a knock on my door came. I didn't answer.

''Do you really think I don't know you? Open the door Akira.''-Simon said. I sighed. This time he can't just come in. I have locked the door. I stood up and lit my cigarette. I hesitated a bit but I was at the door in a few seconds. I reached with my hand on the knob and I saw it shook. This man had such an effect on me. I unlocked the door and as soon I did they flew open. Simon came in, took my face in his hands and kissed me. I didn't even know how much I have missed it when I returned the kiss just as forcefully.

''I missed you today.''-Simon said. Somehow I can't even remember why I keep saying no to him. I stayed silent. ''What are you doing?''-he asked. My eyes were on his now red lips I kissed just a few seconds ago and it was unsettling that they were so far away now.

''Watching TV.''-I say.

''Not good. Nothing smart goes from that, or true.''-he said. ''Maybe you shouldn't watch TV at all.''-he said. Something was off about him today. He seemed hasty, as if he has something he is sorry for. Doubt started pilling up at the bottom of my stomach. I took a drag of the cigarette and offered it to him. He took a drag too. We sat by the window and I kept watching him. His profile, his jaw, his lashes when he looked down on the city. A shadow on his neck where his heartbeat pulsated. He looked into my eyes and my heart shifted. He was beautiful. I never thought of any man as beautiful and that made me shy so I looked away. He stood up, came to my side and took my hand in his.

''Let's dance.''-he said. I gave him a look.

''Music?''-I ask. He took out his phone and played some. He pulled me up and put an arm around my waist. We danced slowly for about a minute and at first it was cool but now is just awkward and we both started laughing. He looks over my head when AOMG is mentioned on TV.

''Is the new girl bringing more harm than good? Akira Nakano, Jay Park's niece who recently came to Seoul from Vegas is creating trouble with every step she makes. First the scandal with Simon Dominic and now Jay's outburst at the local diner. Two schoolgirls reported to have entered the diner with their grandparents and they were looking at Jay Park because celebrities don't make their way toward that diner so often. But he suddenly snapped telling them to go away and his niece supported him with laughing it off.''-my fist clenched. This is not normal. ''But back to the scandal with Simon D. This afternoon a reporter was waiting in front of his building and managed to get a few words.''-a scene was beginning to show. Simon exiting the building.

''Jung Kiseok shi is it true that you were cheating with Akira?''-reporter asked.

''No. I...''-he began to say when the door of the building opened again. Lady Jane came out wearing huge glasses. For a second she looked pitiful but then she grinned.

''Lady Jane are you still together?''-reporter asked.

''No comment.''-Lady Jane answered and asked the reporters to shut down the cameras and they did.

''So where is this going to end? One time fling with an American girl may be everyone's dream but maybe that is all it will be. A dream. Stay with us for further updates.''-anchor lady said and continued with the news. My eyes were glued to the screen and the music stopped. I wasn't mad because he didn't have to acknowledge us, I wasn't sad because I didn't expect anything and I am not that stupid, but I was disappointed, because men like him exist and they make you fall for them while they damn well know they will crush you.

''Get out.''-I say. He took my hand and I snapped. ''Get out!''-I yelled.

''Look you don't know what...''-he started saying but I wont hear it.

''Don't bother. Just don't bother anymore.''-I say, my voice calm.

''Please. Listen to me.''-he said. This time I left.