Sequel 6

Against the current

13.

I slept the entire way, and it was a long way. Partially because I was tired and partially because Simon was in the car and I wanted to interact as little as possible. The first hour was hell. I was so aware of his presence and he didn't help at all brushing his knee against mine. I listened to his voice and felt every word being cut into my brain. Soon enough I drifted away.

''Beach!''-everybody was shouting and I jolted awake. I looked around me and the smell of the sea hit my nostrils. Hep parked the car and we jumped out. So far there were five of us, Jay, Simon, Hoody, Hep and me. I was so happy that a girl was with us. We ran on the beach sand filling our shoes so we take them off. People were watching us as we were shouting, laughing and singing like kids. Some guys even joined in. I looked at Jay and felt a prick of jealousy. He had such a wonderful life, many friends and a good career. All a person could wish for. I turned away for a bit and walked to the sea. Water reached my ankles. Someday, when all is well I will bring my mother here. I want my life to get better, to get right. I want to set us on a right path. It won't be easy, but I will try.

''I hope you settle whatever the you have with Simon.''-Jay said behind me.

''I don't have anything with him.''-I say turning to Jay.

''Well maybe you don't have anything with him but he sure does have something with you.''-he says. ''I mean look at him.''-Jay said and I looked around until I found Simon standing still in the crowd of partying people on the beach staring at me. When our eyes met he looked down and away. So did I. He must be feeling guilty.

''I don't know. It's complicated.''-I say.

''Okay, I don't wanna know. It's your life. Let's go out tonight.''-he said.

''Oh I am up for that.''-I say and we go back to the car together.

We booked a hotel last week so we got to our rooms pretty fast. They were huge. Our two rooms, Simon was with Jay and Hep, I was with Hoody, were making the half of the floor. We were on the fifty ninth floor. The floor above us was last and it was a royal suite. We were almost royal.

''Wanna order some food?''-Hoody asked.

''Yeah I am starving.''-I say putting my suitcase on the bed. I took my stuff out and put it in the closet. I hated keeping clothes in the suitcase because I end up not wearing half the stuff I bring with me. She made a phone call ordering and turned to me.

''What do you want?''-she asked.

''Seafood please, anything.''-I say. She gave a thumbs up.

Me and Hoody got along great, she was easy to talk to and above everything else, she was a girl. We ate and talked about her life and how she became a singer and the questions about my life I avoided but I sensed she knew something. But she was cool, she wasn't pushing it. I told her some facts but not anything major. I felt like I could trust her.

''What are you going to wear? I am so not down with clubs yet.''-I say. She laughs and pulls out denim shorts and net black t-shirt where you could see pink bra through it.. I decide to go with a long shirt and shorts then she said it's a no so I took it off. She handed me a leather black skirt and white tight t-shirt. I never was a heel person so I just put on my black converse. Hoody was wearing hot pink pumps.

We left the hotel and ran into the car because some people where starting to camp outside and the staff threatened to call the police. Jay and Simon already left and Hep had some business to do so he couldn't go. We went to a club called Maktum and it was so crowded that you could barely turn in one spot. But as usual we had our VIP space so we had more room. Thankfully the club had rooftop windows and they were opened so you could feel the breeze. Hoody and I ca,me to the VIP and saw at lest ten more people. GD and CL were there I said hi and we talked a bit. All under watchful eye of Simon who's gotta be asking himself since when do I know GD. Zico and some other guys, probably his friends were there, and some people Jay knew. I was so happy I could spend time with Jay this week that I let myself relax and drink and enjoy the music.

Hoody, CL and I were dancing separated from the guys and they drank by the table. Girls dared me to dance the american way and I tried my best so I earned a few whistles from the guys. I was feeling exceptionally up tonight so I went by the DJ and asked him for a song, he gave a thumbs up.

''What song?''-Hoody asked.

''Wait for it.''-I smirk. When the current song finished the DJ played Partition by Beyonce and all the girls in the club lost their . CL laughed and we started dancing ier than ever. We came close to the center of the club and some guys started getting braver. One took my elbow and spun me to him. I waived my hands to him and turned away but he grabbed my waist. Panic shot through my legs. I pushed him in the center of his chest but he seemed drugged or something with his eyes half closed and his lips in a smirk. CL and Hoody were turned to each other not seeing me and they couldn't hear me. He pressed his body on mine and I started to sweat my mind went hazy.

''Stop please. I don't want to dance.''-I say loudly.

''You do.''-he said ignoring what I said and he grabbed me behind the neck forcing me to him. My heart was beating loudly and I searched across the club for somebody. My eyes locked with Simon's and his furious eyes as he approached me were the last thing I saw when my eyes rolled into my head and everything went black.

Everything around me was darkness. I was floating, or was I. It was warm, his hand. Our breathing equal. He hugged me tighter and I knew who he was just by his smell. If this dream could last forever....

Soft snoring woke me up. Everything was dark except a little ray of light that was coming from behind the curtain. I blinked a few times and looked around but it was no help since it was dark. Snoring came by my side and I shifted toward it. The person shifted to.

''You awake?''-Simon said. My hear jumped. What did I do? I kicked blankets off myself and jumped out and twisted my ankle. Pain shot trough my leg and I fell on my . He the lamp in the alarm and looked at me worriedly. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Nothing happened. I sighed with relief but then I remembered. The guy from the club.

''What happened?''-I asked getting up from the floor but I limped to the bed because my ankle hurt like hell. Last thing I saw was him and now he is the first thing I see. I sat on the bed.

''You don't remember anything?''-he asked. I shook my head. ''You fainted after the thing with that guy, we brought you back, me and Hoody, she changed you and I said I will take care of you so I got us another room.''-he says. How come everybody trust's him that easily?

''Thank you. I need to go.''-I say and get up. I wince from pain and he jumps out and holds my elbow. I needed some 'me' time firstly because being with Simon in the same room, on the same bed, alone made my insides go mush and secondly my condition isn't good. I have let my guard down and my trauma is surfacing. I was dangerously on the edge now and I am more leaned to the side on which I fall off than on a solid ground.

''You're hurt. You're sweating. This isn't good. Maybe you're coming down with something. Let me go get you medicine you just lie on the bed.''-he led me to the bed and when he was about to let go of my elbow I held somebody's hand for the first time.