Sequel 5

Against the current

12.

I didn't know where I was going or what am I going to do. I just kept walking. People were looking but I was fast enough to ditch anyone. I came into the store to by cigarettes and an old lady next to me kept shaking her head slowly at me. Why do I keep hearing from people I don't deserve? A phone call snapped me to reality and I realized I was staring out in blankness. Gray.

''Where are you?''-he asked. I really wasn't in the mood for this right now. ''I swear I am asking as a friend.''-he said when I hesitated to answer.

''I don't know.''-I said.

''Look around, what do you see?''-Gray asked.

''I don't know I took a bus somewhere. It's a huge intersection. It says Yanghwajin Foreign Missionary Cemetery on the sign.''-I say.

''Wow you are far. Wait there. I'll pick you up in twenty minutes.''-he said and hung up. I didn't wait. I will just call him. Staying in one spot was a bit tricky when everyone is looking at you. I came far again. The sign said Yanghwa bridge. I have always loved bridges. It was beautiful here. Air felt so good on my face. I looked at all the buildings and thought how beautiful this city is. Without all the rotten of course. I thought about really moving here. But if the rumors don't die down, I might not be able to stay. Something was tugging at my throat and tears threatened to spill. I don't know what it is about this place, but I have touched my emotions in a way it was not reachable for me before. A guy in a black hoodie approached me and I moved away a little but he followed. He looked kinda familiar.

''Do you have a light?''-he asked in a muffled voice behind a mouth mask. I nod and give it to him. ''Thanks.''-he said. He lit his cigarette and stood beside me looking at the sunset. ''Are you okay?''-he asked. I was taken aback by the question because I expect fire.

''No, not exactly.''-I say.

''I feel you. It's bad to be in this kind of industry. I have been trough it all.''-he said. I turned to him.

''Excuse me, do I know you?''-I ask.

''Do you know how much I love that question?''-he asked and took off his mouth mask. I saw him with Jay at the club but I don't remember.

''I am G Dragon but my real name is Ji Yong. Call me whatever you feel like.''-he said.

''You are very popular. Like hugely.''-I say.

''And yet, you don't know who I am.''-he says.

''But I have heard about you, that counts too. What are you doing here?''-I ask. He turned and pointed to a building not that far away.

''My company. YG. I sometimes come here to clear my head.''-he said.

''Does it ever stop? The misunderstanding.''-I ask.

''No. It can get better but after a long agony.''-he said.

''That .''-I say.

''It's all a part of being famous.''-he said.

''I don't wanna be famous.''-I say.

''You don't because you got to experience it first hand but a lot of people want to be famous and they don't see it the way we do.''-Ji Yong said.

''I don't understand how can they proclaim the bad guy without evidence.''-I say.

''Everything for money.''-he said. A phone call came.

''Hey.. I am on Yanghwa bridge.''-I say.

''Why?''-Gray asked.

''I can't exactly stay put with everyone staring.''-I say.

''Right. Let me park and I will come in five minutes. Don't go anywhere this time?''-he said and hung up.

''Was that Gray? I recognized the voice.''-he asked.

''Yeah. They have a thing of not leaving me alone for a minute. I guess that is the best since I don't really know how to go back.''-I admit and he laughs.

''Well if you're ever close by come to YG so we can hang out. My girlfriend likes you.''-he said.

''You have a girlfriend?''-I ask.

''Yeah you met her. Lee Chaerin.. CL, she works at my company in a group called 2ne1.''-he said.

''Right, I remember. I would love to come visit. Maybe I will soon.''-I say. He nods and throws the cigarette in the river. He bows a little and walks away. Cool guy. Gray came in about two minutes.

''Hey, what are you doing? Jay was worried.''-he said.

''Hey, I needed some air that's all.''-I say still looking at the river.

''You saw the news.''-he said,

''What news?''-I ask.

''You didn't? About Simon and Jane still being together?''-he said. Salt on my wound. He shrugged. ''Told you.''-he said.

''I don't care.''-I say but the truth is that I care way more than a lot.

''Let's go eat something.''-he says and walks away. I follow.

We ate a lot in McDonald's. Like an amount for about five people. I could barely breathe. The atmosphere between us wasn't as usual. But I could tell he was trying hard. Maybe too hard. With forced smiles. We were too aware of everything we were doing. The worst thing is he kept on talking bad about Simon as if they were never friends. It was sad.

''Are you going to Busan with us?''-I asked Gray.

''Busan?''-he asked. ''When?''

''Tomorrow.''-I say.

''I can't. I have to work on the album.''-he said. ''Who's going?''-he asked and I knew why he asked.

''Me and Jay.''-I say. He nodded, satisfied.

''Too bad.''-he said. ''How long are you going to stay?''

''About a week.''-I say.

''Maybe I join in a few days.''-he said looking at his phone. A few fans came and asked him for a picture. He smiled and laughed with them as they were posing. He was kind. He was hot and could easily be a model, but even though he was without a flaw I just couldn't bring myself to think of him more than a friend.

''Are you two on a date?''-some girl asked and I could already see all the wrong ways this was going.

''Hopefully some day but not at the moment.''-Gray said and I kicked his chair, he laughed.

''I don't want any more trouble than I am already in.''-I whisper.

''You will be fine.''-he whispers back and smiles.

I was somehow afraid to open the door to my office. I don't know if I was scared if he was still inside or if I hoped that he was still inside. I opened the door and found an empty office. Which wasn't exactly true. Because it was filled with something. Roses. White, red, pink, purple... all kinds of roses and on the desk one bouquet of red lilies. He really makes it hard to hate him. There was a tiny envelope in the center of the bouquet. 'You don't know the story.'-it said. Maybe I didn't know anything. But if I hope and he kills my hope once more. I am sure I can close off for him forever.