Sequel 7

Against the current

14.

He stopped in his tracks, in three seconds he was on his knees in front of me. I couldn't see his face because my eyes were blurry. Simon pushed my hair behind my ear and my face.

''You can cry if you want to.''-he said. And that was the last straw. Tears spilled over. Pouring in streams down my face. Sobs escaped my throat. I put my hand over my mouth to silence myself and gasped for air when I found my nose is blocked. ''Jesus.''-Simon said and pulled me to him on the floor, I fell into his arms. I put my arm around him and buried my face in his neck. He was rocking back and forth, and even though I thought it was retarded, I did find some comfort in that. ''I won't let anybody touch you. I heard about it but I don't know the details. And I won't ask. I can protect you, please let me protect you.''-he said in my ear. I didn't answer. I didn't trust my voice. I just held onto him as tight as I could and tried to breathe in and out.

I don't know for how long we have sat like that but I felt myself falling asleep so that means for way too long.

''I am hungry.''-I whisper, my voice coarse. He chuckles and gives me a push. I stand up not leaning on my left foot. My ankle was swollen. Well this will be a nice trip. I put my arm around his shoulder and he led me to a chair. I sat down and Simon went by the window and opened the curtains. The sun was rising over the sea. It was beautiful. He opened the door to the balcony and the smell of the sea rushed in. I just now realized he was wearing a large pink long sleeve shirt and black boxers. He was adorable. I can't believe I just cried in front of him, on him. He looked at me and I turned away.

''What do you want to eat?''-he asks.

''Anything.''-I say. My head hurt. He took the phone and ordered some scrambled eggs and bacon and orange juice. American style. I whisper 'pancakes' to him and he adds them as well.

''How are you feeling now?''-he asked. I sighed.

''Better.''-I say. ''Please don't tell anybody.''-I say. Simon sat in a chair across me.

''I won't.''-he said. ''You... looked horrible.''-he said. There was no mock in his voice, only concern. ''I have never in my life seen somebody that hurt. Crying so painfully.''-he said. His words tugged at my heart. ''If he wasn't dead I would have killed him for what he had done to you.''-Simon said. I looked him in the eyes. He looked hurt, almost as hurt as me. Like my reflection. He was trying to feel what I felt and share my pain. Nobody did that for me. All I ever got is pity, not understanding.

''It's over now. Let's not talk about it anymore. It's past.''-I say and try my best to give him a convincing smile but I know he doesn't buy it. He stood up to get the food staff brought us and I looked at my phone. I got four missed calls from Jay and seven from Gray. Jay must have wanted to wake me up. I call Gray just to not make him freak out. He answers after the first ring.

''Good morning. I thought you were going out yesterday. I guess you went back early since you didn't pick up.''-he said.

''Yeah, kind of. I had one too many drinks.''-I say. Simon sat across me again and put the plate in front of me. ''Can I have the salt?''-I ask. Simon nods.

''Are you eating? I will call you later.''-Gray said. Somebody knocked on the door.

''Coming!''-Simon yelled.

''Is that Kiseok?''-Gray asked.

''Yeah. We are having breakfast.''-I say.

''Oh.''-he said. It hurt like hell to hear his sad voice. ''I will call you later. Eat up.''-he said and hung up. I am such a bad person. Jay came in and sat on the bed.

''Are you okay?''-he asked. I already knew I was gonna get sick of that question by the end of the day.

''Yeah. I'm great now.''-I say.

''I would too if I had a guy like Simon to punch s that approach me, but he doesn't care about me much.''-Jay laughed and Simon bumped him with his fist on the shoulder. That's when I noticed his knuckles were red and bruised. They noticed I wasn't laughing.

''I am sorry.''-I say. ''I bring too much trouble. And you do so much for me. I don't deserve it.''-I say. ''Jay I want to talk to you.''-I say and stand up, I was limping and he was eyeing my ankle. He helped me to the door and we went into the hallway. I leaned on the wall.

''What's up?''-Jay asked.

''I think it's best if you send me home.''-I say.

''Why?''-he asked.

''You have to ask why? Isn't it obvious? I am nothing but trouble and I haven't done anything. Back home I was a troublemaker and when I got punished at least I knew what I was getting punished for. This is ridiculous. Think about it.''-I say.

''So you think after a few blows and rumors that you must retreat. Then they win. How can you just let them have it? Having this life means defending your title. I wanna see you defend yours.''-he said and left for his room. Before he entered he turned to me. ''Don't you give up yet.''-he said.

I got back to Simon's room, he was on his phone. I sat on my seat and continued eating. He didn't even touch his food. He was so into what he was reading. I took his phone and his hand fell on the table.

''Simon as a personal bodyguard: maybe too personal.''-was a headline. I sighed. I had enough of this. ''Yesterday in famous Busan club called Maktum, famous rappers had fun. We could easily spot the AOMG crew and even G Dragon of BIGBANG, CL of 2NE1, and Zico of Block B. While it was very obvious where GD and CL stand we are not covering that just yet. It appears that ladies where getting caught up in dancing and guys in the club got a little bit frisky. Guess with who? American girl. And while she was obviously against it guess who came to rescue. Our prince on the black stallion. Simon Dominic. He punched his way trough to her when she right after lost consciousness due to alcohol and had to be brought out. Our resources say Simon and Akira have their room apart from others. Can Lady Jane forgive him this time?''-there was more but I didn't feel like reading. I hated this. How does Jay expect me to live like this. They make my every breath into poisonous gas. I look at Simon. He had a blank face.

''Does this worry you that much?''-I ask.

''Of course it does.''-he said and my heart stopped for a second. Well what did I think? He should worry over loosing his girlfriend. I nod. I take my phone and text Hoody to come and get me. She was here in a minute.

''Thanks for everything again. I will make sure to bother you less. You can relax now.''-I say and he just looks at me like a lost puppy. I stood up and limped to the door. Hoody caught my arm and put it around her shoulder which was awkward because she was tall. He stood up but I quickly closed the door behind us.

We came to our room and I put ice on my ankle, it was the size of a melon. This won't go away soon. I sighed and hugged my pillow. I remembered waking in the middle of the night, his arms around me. I wasn't scared or panicking. I never felt more relaxed in my life. Why did it have to be this complicated?

This afternoon we went to the beach. I felt sorry for Hoody because she had to take care of me so I nagged at my uncle. I was clenching his arm and he groaned.

''Do you want crutches?''-he asked for a billionth time.

''No it's embarrassing.''-I say.

''Yeah and walking with your uncle isn't?''-he said laughing.

''The you talking about, you are cool.''-I say and he laughs harder. Simon came to us as we were walking on the edge of the sea.

''Can I take over for a bit?''-he asked Jay.

''I don't think that's a good idea.''-I say looking around. We managed to separate ourselves a bit but there still was s good amount of people. He nodded and left with his head down.

''You're harsh.''-Jay said.

''I know but it just has to be this way. Somebody needs to put a stop on this.''-I say. Jay turns to me.

''On what?''-he asks.

''Us. Me and Simon. We destroy each other. He keeps coming and I keep running, but I am tired and I let my guard down. We are not meant to be and I don't want to push something that just isn't going to work.''-I say.

''But why do you keep running from him? What keeps you away?''-Jay asked. ''I know Simon and I have never seen him this infatuated with someone. I don't think he ever looked at Lady Jane like that either. He used to play a lot but now he is calm. And he isn't even missing his player days. He is just ready for this part of his life to be committed to someone.''-he said.

''But he and Lady Jane are still together. Are you all crazy? How can you support what he is doing?''-I ask. He just gave me a confused look.

''He and Lady J. ain't in a relationship for a long time now. Why do you think they are?''-he asked.

''Oh come on. It's obvious. She clings on to him, visits him at home and says stuff like 'no comment' when she is asked about their relationship. And when he was asked about cheating.... about me, he said no.''-I say furious I cannot be the stupid one here. ''And she still calls him her boyfriend. Thank you but I got all the fact's I need.''-I say and try to limp away but he catches up with me.

''She's a total . She doesn't care about him but as long as she is seen with him that's all the fame for her. He is her moneymaker. And you think Simon would stay with a person like that. Think again. What made you fall for him?''-Jay asked. ''He felt sorry for her. She lost a friend in a car accident and they were very close. She got drunk and she came to Simon. But only after Gray turned her down. Simon doesn't know that. And if he did he wouldn't have mercy on her. But they did have six years together. You can't just turn your back forever. And about him denying you...''-he started to say but I hear a guy yell near me.

''Akira!''-I turned and Gray was running on the beach toward us. I smiled.

''Seong Hwa!''-I yell and start walking toward him but forget about my ankle. A sharp pain catches my breath and I fall into water on my knees and hands splashing sand and water all over myself.

''Well that's a sight to see. You don't have to bow that far.''-he said laughing and I kick him on the foot with my fist. Jay helped me out. ''What happened?''-Gray asked this time serious.

''She is just stupid that's all.''-Jay said.

''I saw what happened at the club. Are you okay?''-he asked. There's that question again.

''I am just fine.''-I say. Hep called Jay and he went off to play volleyball, Crush, who probably came with Gray, joined them too. Gray took my elbow and led me on.

''I hate that I wasn't here yesterday.''-he said.

''No, it was fine...''-I start but he interrupts.

''Aki listen to me. If I was your boyfriend I'd never let you go. I can take you places you ain't never been before.''-he starts rapping and a wild laugh escapes me. I had to bend down at my waist to stop. He was laughing too. ''I am sorry I can't sing it better than korean Justin Bieber over there.''-he said loud enough for Jay to turn and hit him straight in the face with the ball. Some girls at the beach gasped.

''Not his face!''-they yelled. Gray and I laughed and continued walking.