Simon POV +++ (The End)

Against the current

-Coma

 

I am numb. In state of nothingness. It's dark everywhere and there is no sound or smell. I don't know what this is or how I got there. I am afraid and alone. I tried to move but I don't know if I am doing anything at all. Even breathing was hard. I had a feeling something is stuck in my throat and I can't get it out. Here and there I thought I felt something in my hand but the feeling would wash away quickly. Days were going pass me. Maybe months I don't know. I lost track of time. Every second felt like a day and every hour felt like eternity. Soon enough I didn't even know who I am. I just was. An existence. Just there. But for how long? It feels like I am being stretched into oblivion. Moment by moment parts of me are gone, eaten away. But I have a reason, a reason to stay. An anchor. If only I could remember my name. I could remember the reason to stay too. It was getting cold. I was loosing myself again. I doubt I will last any longer. Maybe if I just give up, I can go peacefully. I wanted to take a step forward when I felt a burning sensation in my hand. This wasn't just the feeling of something being there. It was warmth. I wanted to glue myself to the unknown source of warmth and the life it was giving me. But I couldn't do nothing. My body was useless. I was so frustrated because it was right here in my hand and I couldn't hold on.

''I love you... moment I saw you... it was always you...''-the voice came from everywhere. It sounded like angels were crying. I don't know if it was the worst thing I heard or the most beautiful thing I have heard. ''Wake up so I can be your one and only too... without you....''-I was loosing it. The voice. It was fading. I can't lose it. It was the only thing I have. I wanted to scream and shout and stop the voice, but the most of all I just wanted to cry. I wanted to cry so bad. ''Please come back to me. Please...''-angels said. Don't go away please! Please stop! I yelled in my head as loud as I could trying to push all my power into holding on but all I could move was a finger. It didn't go trough and my strength was leaving me. I am losing.

''Please help him!''-a scream pierced my mind and there was a dot. A crack made by the scram. A small particle of light came trough. It was small but it was there. And it was shining on me. On the darkness. It felt like I could breathe again. Like I could smell again. ''Look at him!''-another shout came and more cracks were beginning to form. But then there was silence. It felt final. The voice won't come back. I knew it because the warmth was gone. I couldn't feel but I knew I was on my knees. In agony.

After all the hope I got, it was a huge blow to me when I realized I am alone again. Nobody came to me. Nobody talked. Breathing went hard again. The only hope I have left is that the cracks didn't heal. They were still there. Just out of my reach. Sometimes I just wanted this all to be over and let the devil take me and finish me of. But when I started to let go the cracks would snap me out of it. Reminding me that I have a reason to stay. But every now and then I felt like the cracks were laughing at me. And it hurt. I turned away from them.

''Simon! Wake up!''-what is this? Whose voice was this? It was a bit different from the angels I heard before but I could still hear it. Simon? Was that my name?

''Simon! Wake up I need you!''-the angels chimed. They were back. Her voice was back. She was calling me. I need to answer. I need to go to her. She needs me. I can't leave her alone. If I left her she would never forgive me. I will come back to her. Aki was all I had. I need her! Suddenly there was a push on my chest and a gush of air forced inside my body. The thing blocking my airways was gone and I could breathe without a problem. My eyes were being forced open and a light came barging in. Cracks were spreading and big chunks like wall began to fall and crumble. I will come out soon. If only she would wait for me. I took a step forward. I still wasn't anywhere near the exit and I braced myself for a long path ahead.

I was on my all four when I felt like I was getting closer. It was warmer now. Every step I take toward the crumbled wall, I feel like I am getting pieces of me back. Stronger.

''Jung Kiseok.''-she said. My name. I knew my name now. ''I might s well belong to you forever.''-she said. It only took one more, one more step but I stood there. What will wait for me on the other side. Will she be beautiful like I remember or even more? I touched the brick ruins with my hand and lean on the entrance to her world. To our world. ''I will wear a white dress, a long one. With full make up, only for you. Wake up so I can marry you. Wake up so you can marry me.''-she said squeezing my hand and I felt gravity pulling on me to come back to my body. I step outside the darkness and don't look back.

''Deal.''-I finally manage to say with pain in my throat.