The End

Against the current

21.

''Did you hear?''-Hoody asked me. Even the thought of it made me furious.

''Yeah.''-I say kicking a stone on my way.

''It's not fair. This .''-she said referring to punishment Gray got. Four years of prison and after it's four years of mental institution. And that's not it. If he behaves they may cut down two. Because it was an attempt . The act didn't happen. And the girls that came forward, they disappeared. Like puff, gone.

''I know. Believe me. But that is eight years. By that we could be and will be far away from him. I just feel sorry for the next person he gets to. Judges apparently don't think that far.''-I say. We enter the AOMG company and greet the boys. There was a champagne on the table and I knew Simon already came by.

''We thought we'll never see you again. You were on your honeymoon forever.''-Crush yelled with his mouth full of food. I laugh.

''So what? You're just jealous that you don't have anyone to go on a honeymoon with.''-I say. He frowns.

''True. What did you buy us?''-he asked.

''Do you think we went shopping on our honeymoon? Believe me we had better things to do.''-I say laughing and all the guys laugh. ''Did Simon leave?''-I ask.

''He's in the office.''-Loco said waiving his glass. I could die for a drink right now. I sigh. I walk to the elevator and press the last floor. I still got goosebumps every time I look at numbers in the elevator. Seventh floor was Simon's. Ninth was the roof... but this isn't a hospital. After Simon woke up, we spent another two weeks in there, treating him mostly. I got all better after one week. Only scars I have are those on my wrists and a really tiny one on my lip but you cannot really see it. Thankfully he was without major consequences. Here and there his left hand shook but it was hardly noticeable. The doctor said that drugs fried a nerve in the left side of his brain. Unfortunately I have a big problem with nightmares. They don't happen all the time, but when they do, they are horrible and I am afraid to sleep for the next two nights. But it's mostly okay when Simon's home, he is my safe-house. The elevator door open's and I step into the hallway. The door to Jay and Simon's office were open and I could hear them laughing. I stop before I enter the room and lean on the door frame. They were sitting on the couch and drinking beer. Simon was telling Jay a story about how we saw a shark when we were kayaking and that it was a size of a whale, which of course wasn't true because it was barely bigger than a dolphin. Jay was listening closely but I could see he wasn't buying it. I can't believe there was a time I thought Simon was gone. It seemed like a distant past that might have even not happened. Every time I see him it feels like a dream. Sometimes I even walk over to him and rest my hand on his cheek to check if he's solid or just a ghost. While we were on the beach and walking side by side, I turned every few steps to check whether we leave two sets of footprints. He would sometimes laugh at me but I could see it was a pain for him too. For not being able to be there for me, to rescue me. To keep me safe. I knew it was his biggest pain. He doesn't even let other men look at me without cursing them off. We made headlines a few times already. I didn't care anymore what people got to say or think. And eventually it got better. People didn't care either.

''What are you two talking about?''-I say from the door. They turn to me and smile. Simon holds out a hand for me. I walk over and put my hand in his.

''About how you threw up all over the yacht.''-Simon said and I kick him in the leg.

''I was seasick!''-I yell at him.

''I know I am joking.''-he said rubbing his knee.

''Have you managed to persuade my mother?''-I ask Jay. We try to get her to move to Korea but she is stubborn, I know I didn't want to leave Vegas but I didn't know better. I was stupid. But apparently she got herself a man, and I don't want to get in between them, but I just want what's best for her, for us.

''I don't know. The furthest I could get is 'I will think about it'. But I know her. She won't. I say let it go. If she is happy in Vegas, let her stay. It's not the end of the world.''-Jay said. I sigh and nod.

''Simon we should move to Vegas.''-I say. He almost drops the glass. He looks at me without blinking. His lips start to quiver.

''O-okay.''-he said. He would literally do anything for me. I smile.

''I am joking.''-I say and he lets out air he's been suppressing and laughs. ''Pabo.''-I add. He leans to me quickly and gives me a kiss on the lips.

''Ew!''-Jay yelled beside us.

''I don't need to see you being lovey dovey. Can you please cut down on PDA?''-he said covering his eyes and we all laugh.

''Did you get the invitation?''-Simon asked Jay. Jay lift's an eyebrow. He stood up and opened a drawer on his desk. He pulled out a white-blue envelope. He trows it on the coffee table. Silver letters peek out of the envelope. Woo Ji Hoo & Kim Hyun Jung. They are finally getting married. After dating for a year now. Zico got the courage and asked his fans for forgiveness. They were more than happy to give their blessing. I was so happy for them.

''Jay don't you think you're getting old?''-I ask.

''Hey! Dafuq you're talkin' about girl? I am in my peek condition. This is the best time of my life. Don't rush me.''-he said and Simon elbows him.

''You better marry. I thought marriage but now, I can't imagine my life without it.''-he said seriously. Jay nodded.

''I know. I am happy for you man, for both of you.''-he said. He looked at me for a second. He was worried. Then I realize it's about Gray. About the punishment he got. I shrugged and shook my head for him not to mention anything in front of Simon. Jay nodded and took a sip of his beer.

''It got silent all of a sudden.''-Simon said. I ruffle his hair.

''What do you want to do? Let's dance! No no, sing.''-I say and he laughs throwing his head back.

''God no.''-he said.

''You said it was quiet so let's hear it.''-I say poking him.

''Simon, Simon Dominic!''-he starts and I laugh.

''You call that singing? Oh my god that song is so over the top. How were you not embarrassed to release that?''-I ask.

''Why would I? I am Simon ing Dominic.''-he said with his crooked smile and deep voice. I hated that voice. It did things to me. I got up from the couch before I could jump him. My hormones were all over the place. ''Don't jump around.''-Simon said. I give him a look, he was overly cautious.

''I haven't seen you smoking in a while. Finally you drop that bad habit. Simon has a good influence I can see.''-Jay said. I snort.

''Simon smoked too.''-I say. Jay looks at Simon then at me.

''Am I stupid and don't remember seeing him smoke or did he not smoke in front of me?''-Jay asked.

''I don't know, I don't remember smoking in front of you.''-Simon said.

''Good to know, friend.''-Jay said. ''Is there something else I should know?''-Jay asked jokingly. Simon looked at me and I shook my head. Jay followed his look. ''What?''-he asked.

''Nothing.''-I say and look away. He grabs a can of beer and tries to throw it to me but Simon stops his hand.

''She can't drink right now.''-Simon said and I hit my forehead with my palm. He is so stupid.

''Why couldn't she dri....''-he stopped suddenly. ''No!''-he yelled shooting up from the couch. I still don't know what kind of reaction was that.

''Aki...''-Simon starts and I glare at him.

''You shut up.''-I say to him. I look back at Jay who is now staring at my stomach. ''You are not gonna see yet Jay, so you can stop looking at it.''-I say. He looks at Simon. I thought he was about to punch him when he threw himself on him.

''You son of a ! Why didn't you tell me?''-Jay said laughing. He was happy.

''We found out recently too.''-Simon said. Jay let him go and turned to me. He hugged me for five minutes until I pushed him away so I can move freely.

''Congratulations!''-he clapped.

''Shh, I don't want everybody to know.''-I say. He is suddenly quiet and his lips are a straight line. A look of a guilty person. And the same look was on my husbands face too. ''You told them didn't you?''-I ask Simon.

''Not really. You did.. or they found out on their own.''-he said and lifted a finger to point behind me. I roll my eyes. Could it be? I turn to see the door of the office were still open. It could be. Everyone was there.

''Okay, I am pregnant.''-I say. Everyone starts to cheer in the same time and I look around to see if there are any windows shattering. They rush in and hug me, then Simon then each other, I don't know why. So much for it being a secret for a while. In all that crowd, two arms wrap around my torso from behind me. Even if he didn't have the same wedding ring as mine I would still know those hands. He patted my belly. ''That's food, not a baby.''-I say and he laughs. I turn to him and wrap my arms around him, pressing my face to his chest and inhaling his scent. My heartbeat was still racing when I was near him, and so was his. How could a person be this lucky to find a match. An other half so perfectly fit. I lean back so I can look at his face. He looks down at me with his warm chocolate eyes. His cheeks were rosy from alcohol but he wasn't drunk. His lips were slightly parted in expectation. I smile before I got up on my toes and kiss the man I love the most in this world. 

 

 

 

+Stay for an aditional chapter: Simon's POV