Human

Human

 

Sunggyu continued looking to the man on his couch. The man could hardly breath, his clothes were wet and his skin was too white to be called healthy, not to mention this man looked a little skinny for his own good. Why this was happening he didn't know. It wasn't like a man would collapse on his door step on a daily basis. It was a mystery, no doubt and he had to admit, he was probably reading too many books to think this was some sort of message from the universe. He tried to keep the man warm, so he wouldn't get sick. He covered the weak one with warm blankets and placed a hot, wet towel on his forehead. He didn't want a sick man on his house. To be honest, he didn't want this man in his house at all, but he could just kick out an unconscious man to his luck when the weather was so violent. But why was this happening to him? It made no sense. Why him? Why had this man come up all they way to his house and ask for help? Did he knew him?

 

No, he was probably imagining things, for sure. “It's what you get after reading so many fictional things from your students...” Sunggyu said to himself and rubbed his eyes. He was tired, so tired. Just one class of his had probably 30 students and he didn't know the name of all, or their faces. Usually some would skip his classes and others would just be bored to no end. If he knew all the people who were going to his class it meant he had an amazing memory, and when it came to people, he didn't. If it was books, he could still remember things that he read years ago, to the slightest detail, but people? No, he couldn't. He was so distracted with his own thoughts that he didn't even realized the man in front of him was moving. He just noticed when the man started making small noised. He looked at him and saw the effort the other was having to open his eyes. “Hey....” Sunggyu called, not too loud or too harsh. He didn't want to scare the other man.

 

The man looked at him with weak eyes and it was more than obvious he was having a hard time breathing. Maybe Sunggyu should take him to the hospital and there they would take care of him, properly? And maybe there they would call the man's family, one thing that Sunggyu should have thought before. “Are you alright? What's your name?” He was probably bombarding the weak man with questions, even thought they were really easy, but he had to know. And he had to know what the man was doing there and why of all doors of that building he went knocking to his. “....Wooh....Woohyun...” The man whispered. So his name was Woohyun? Well, it wasn't a full name, but Sunggyu could work with that, at least for now. “Why did you came to my house? Why were you asking for help? Are you in some serious problems? Should I call the police?” just after asking that Sunggyu realized this man could be a robber, a killer...anything. He could be running from the police and for all he knew he was helping hiding someone wanted by the police and for all he knew, this man could be dangerous.

 

“....” The man didn't answered. Instead he moved a little more and it was obvious that it was a major sacrifice for him. Sunggyu didn't said a thing. He saw Woohyun take his wallet and showed it to him. Slowly, Sunggyu grabbed it and opened it. There he could see the ID from the man on his couch. “Nam Woohyun....25...” and it didn't say anything else. So, this man was 5years younger than him? It didn't came as a surprise really. He looked really young, but Sunggyu didn't know it would be such a difference. “Want me to call your family? Your girlfriend?” Instead of answered, Woohyun just shook his head and closed his eyes again. It was more than obvious he was weak and couldn't speak. “Hey, don't fall asleep! Hey!” Too late. The man had felt asleep again and this time, Sunggyu was positive he wasn't going to wake up at all. It was frustrating. He wanted answers and he wanted them now. He wasn't known for having patience when it came to things like that. But at least he had the man's name and age, and that was something.

 

Getting up from his coffee table, Sunggyu turned off the lights from the living room and walked towards his room. Maybe in the morning, everything would be answered, and he honestly wasn't with much patience to keep making questions. If Nam Woohyun didn't told him what he wanted to know, he was going to call the police, and he didn't even care if it was needed or not. Once in his room he started taking off his clothes. Tomorrow he was going to have another long day, and all he wanted were a couple of hours to rest, it was all he wanted. He started by taking his tie, then his shirt. He placed them very carefully on top of a chair and then grabbed his black pajama. Even when it came to sleep he had a method. He wouldn't just throw his clothes everywhere and wouldn't think that in the morning he would clean everything. No. he liked to sleep knowing everything around him was clean and perfectly placed. After getting ready, he went under the sheets and turned off the light. He hoped in the morning everything got solved.

 

 

 

6AM. It was the time he wakes up. This time, it was harder than before and he had no idea why. Maybe it was because of the events of last night? He never had such a night, but he was sure everything would be solved now, because he wasn't going to let some unknown man to stay and sleep on his couch. He didn't even allowed his friends, so naturally he wasn't going to let this stranger do it. Slowly, Sunggyu got up his bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. He needed to relax his muscles. His whole body was sore and his back hurt a lot. For the first time in years, he wasn't sure that going to classes would be a good idea, but he wasn't going to miss. He never did, so he wouldn't start now just because his back hurt a little. And besides, he had a class all planned, and this was the class he had been waiting for. He was going to talk about one of his favorite authors and he was going to talk about how he saw life and the rest of the world. It was a dark, yet very romantic way. He was sure his students wouldn't get it, but he didn't care. He just wanted to talk about it.

 

The warm water was hitting his body and he made a groan of pleasure. This was what he needed. To feel the hot water against his skin, helping his sore muscles relax. It was a fast shower, maybe it didn't last more than 10 minutes, but it was all he needed. He grabbed his towel and walked towards his closet. There, he grabbed one of his black suits. He liked to wear them. It made him feel comfortable. He wasn't a fan of jeans, he wasn't a fan of t-shirts. He preferred to wear suits and ties. Usually Dongwoo would call him old for wearing such a thing all the time, but Sunggyu didn't mind. For him, wearing a suit was what made him stand out from the crowd, and no need to say he enjoyed it. He wasn't blind. He noticed how women and men looked at him when he passed by them on the streets.

 

After dressing his perfectly ironed suit, like always, he took some hair product into his hands and in a fast movement he got his hair the way he liked. He looked at himself in the mirror for a couple of minutes and then he grabbed a ring on his desk and was ready to go. The ring, many people thought it was from his girlfriend or something, but in reality it was a ring his mother gave him when he graduated. She was so proud of him she spend a good amount of money on something that showed his hard work. Needless to say he was always with it, every where he went. He was proud to wear a thing like that. He grabbed his laptop and books and was ready to go. This was, until he started smelling food. Since when? He hardly used his kitchen, and from what he remembered, his maid would just go to the house at the weekends and she would never cook for him. He didn't like the woman very much, but she was a professional, and for that, he wouldn't fire her.

 

“What the....” He stood there looking. What was happening? Since when did food magically appeared on his table? He knew he didn't do that because when it came to cooking, he wasn't that much of a chef. He usually would settle for instant ramen and that was it. “Morning!” Looking to his side he saw a man smiling brightly towards him. He couldn't believe. Was this man the same man that he took in his house? Was he the same man that was so weak that he couldn't even talk? Was this man that almost begged him for help? “Did you had a good night? I hope you did!” The man continued talking, not allowing Sunggyu to even open his mouth to speak. “I wanted to thank you for taking me in yesterday! I'm sure you thought I was some creep and everything, but to be honest, I don't even know why I came here. I'm walking home and the last thing I know I wake up here.”

 

He made a pause and Sunggyu thought he was going to have a chance to talk, but he was dead wrong. “So, I wanted to thank you by making breakfast. You hadn't much, so I had to improvise.” Before he knew it, Sunggyu was being dragged by Woohyun to sit down and eat. He looked to the table and didn't know if he should at least try the food or not. He continued seeing the man cooking and talking, but he wasn't listening to a thing. Instead, he was feeling his brain numb and continued looking to the man who was smiling brightly at him. “Why won't you eat? You're so skinny, you have to eat!” Woohyun spoke but Sunggyu just looked at him, and with a small glare he only asked one thing. “...Who are you?”